USMB Coffee Shop IV

KOAT evening news is on, the weather critter just reported it's sizzling hot......... 92 degrees........ I wonder what they consider broiling, 95 degrees?
Our high yesterday was a bit lower than the previous 2 days. It only made 99 here.Wednesday, it was 102 with the heat index, 114.

Almost... There IS a chill in the air. Seriously, I tolerate it pretty well. I keep the house about 74 and Doc's about 72. I do dread the electric bills this time of year.

I would freeze to death at 72 here in the summer time though that would be uncomfortably warm during the winter. Funny how that works.
On warm humid nights I turn the house down to 70 now but it really doesn't run for long, I like it cool when I'm sleeping. Right now though with the wind blowing and the temp at 80 I have the house wide open and if it stays like this will probably keep it open.

KOAT evening news is on, the weather critter just reported it's sizzling hot......... 92 degrees........ I wonder what they consider broiling, 95 degrees?
Our high yesterday was a bit lower than the previous 2 days. It only made 99 here.Wednesday, it was 102 with the heat index, 114.

Ouch. Now that is hot especially with the high humidity that I suspect you guys have.
Yeah, it's so humid here, we hop in the pool to dry off.
Only someone who's lived in the Deep South would understand what you just said. I grew up in NC. I cannot see moving back to that sauna anytime in this life time.
Virginia was no picnic during the summer either. There were times I considered donning SCUBA gear before heading outside.........

Its 5.30 am and I have just been trying to get myself banned from twitter by saying outrageous things.
I won't say anything outrageous here though.

Thinking of boedicca tonight and wondering. . .

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Kat & Mr. Kat in transition,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Hossfly's knee rehab,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, , SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

5a08f63548b0b4fd08474629571a65c9.jpg

Its 5.30 am and I have just been trying to get myself banned from twitter by saying outrageous things.

Don't worry, comrade, every people has a rights to say what he think :) Give me a link on twitter, what have you said there?

Some months ago I was banned from poetical community only because I'm not an ultra-liberal :)

Don't worry, comrade, every people has a rights to say what he think :) Give me a link on twitter, what have you said there?

Some months ago I was banned from poetical community only because I'm not an ultra-liberal :)

I don't know how to give you a link to twitter, but you can search for dajjal and although there are several people calling themselves that you will know its me because I use the same name and avatar.

Ouch. Now that is hot especially with the high humidity that I suspect you guys have.
Only someone who's lived in the Deep South would understand what you just said. I grew up in NC. I cannot see moving back to that sauna anytime in this life time.
I'm here for the people. I love it here. Yes the summers are oppressively hot and humid, but it doesn't snow.

I'm here for the people. I love it here. Yes the summers are oppressively hot and humid, but it doesn't snow.

Here comes the hot too.. Damn, when the autumn would come?

Are you a contrarian?

I am a critic.

I ask because you won't say anything outrageous here (where it's expected), but are putting those statements on twitter (where it is neither welcome nor expected).

Oh Twitter can get pretty outrageous.

Are you a contrarian?

I am a critic.

I ask because you won't say anything outrageous here (where it's expected), but are putting those statements on twitter (where it is neither welcome nor expected).

By "here" I think he means the Coffee Shop where we are only friendly outrageous. :)

And Twitter is definitely rough and tumble and often outrageous and too often downright hateful and mean. And can also be sometimes helpful and loving. Like much of our society these days.

But posting on Twitter for somebody like me is like posting to some massive empty void out there where few will ever notice. Unless you're rich and/or famous you usually have few followers. I do follow a LOT of our elected leaders and media types on Twitter though and they all have massive following.

Are you a contrarian?

I am a critic.

By "here" I think he means the Coffee Shop where we are only friendly outrageous. :)

And Twitter is definitely rough and tumble and often outrageous and too often downright hateful and mean. And can also be sometimes helpful and loving. Like much of our society these days.

But posting on Twitter for somebody like me is like posting to some massive empty void out there where few will ever notice. Unless you're rich and/or famous you usually have few followers. I do follow a LOT of our elected leaders and media types on Twitter though and they all have massive following.

Got it. I didn't think of it in that context.

Are you a contrarian?

I am a critic.

Aw come on. Almost all of us here in the Coffee Shop are also a wee bit contrarian. I know I am. I think that's why we can all be so different and still get along so well.

I have definitely enjoyed getting to know you here Dajjal and would be a bit disappointed I think if you were just like everybody else. :)

Are you a contrarian?

I am a critic.

Got it. I didn't think of it in that context.

:)

Here comes the hot too.. Damn, when the autumn would come?

Well welcome to the club. I wish you no misfortune but misery loves company and all that. :)

I hear that.

We have lived some amazing places and were not at all sorry to leave because there was no sense of community for us. And we have lived places with almost nothing to commend them--weather sucked, no scenery, aesthetics boring, lots of negatives, etc.--but we grieved when we left.

And that was because there was a strong community of great people who included and accepted and appreciated us. We had close friends there who had our back at all times. Much as you describe your community in Foley.

Being a high desert dweller I agree. But we have lived in the sauna belt, alpine high, prairie, plains, etc. and seem to acclimate to everywhere we are. Again for us it is the people and not so much the aesthetics that make or break a place for us.

However, if I lived in a place like Alaska, waking up to the sheer beauty of it every morning would be amazing. And being at the Pacific coast with the waves crashing on the rocks is also a spiritual experience for me. But then so is standing by a huge printing press running off a newspaper or being out away from everything and just feeling the spirits in the wind on the high desert.

Okay, I'm a hopeless romantic. :)

Forum List

Back