USMB Coffee Shop IV

After three semesters and 12 courses, I finally lost my overall 4.0 GPA. I'm not mad though, this was hard. lol

Gotta say though, those are some consistent scores throughout!

View attachment 144691

On to Differential Calculus and Intro to Astronomy next week! :happy-1:

Looks like you found your footing after the first quiz. Good work!

Yeah, that was a wake up call an a half right off the bat! lol

There's a lot of algebraic operations involved in a lot of this, so I have an edge since I seem to shine in that area, but a lot of times it doesn't start off like that, so getting from that to a puzzle that I can arrange is where I struggle the most. Gotta chip away at those weak points!

After three semesters and 12 courses, I finally lost my overall 4.0 GPA. I'm not mad though, this was hard. lol

View attachment 144691

There's a lot of algebraic operations involved in a lot of this, so I have an edge since I seem to shine in that area, but a lot of times it doesn't start off like that, so getting from that to a puzzle that I can arrange is where I struggle the most. Gotta chip away at those weak points!

Once I got to trigonometry, I could only memorize enough to pass; I had no real understanding of the concepts. I did well, considering, all the way through to Calculus in college. And don't remember a lick of it now.

View attachment 144691

Once I got to trigonometry, I could only memorize enough to pass; I had no real understanding of the concepts. I did well, considering, all the way through to Calculus in college. And don't remember a lick of it now.

I can't even remember the rules of addition and subtraction now, added to that my calculator batteries have run out. Good job I don't have to do much banking.

We're all geared up for the eclipse on Monday afternoon. My brother bought a five pack of solar eclipse glasses. They remind me of the 3-D glasses I wore at the American Theater back in my youth. But they are supposed to protect me and my $1,800 cataract surgery safe from the solar corona.

Meanwhile I bought a four pack of Spaulding (pronounced "Spaldeen" by New Yorkers) High Bounce rubber balls. They are for my Brooklyn friend's six year old granddaughter. I included a note saying "Everyone should learn to play stickball. Have fun and play safe!"

It may be pretentious of me to assume she wants to learn to play stickball. Who knows what her parents think about her playing stickball. But I figure, sooner or later, she will play stickball as she lives in Brooklyn too.

So, is it safer to buy her Spaldeens, or let her find out about Spaldeens on the street? Anyway, they arrive Monday, along with the eclipse.

Last edited:
KOAT evening news is on, the weather critter just reported it's sizzling hot......... 92 degrees........ I wonder what they consider broiling, 95 degrees?
Our high yesterday was a bit lower than the previous 2 days. It only made 99 here.Wednesday, it was 102 with the heat index, 114.

Ouch. Now that is hot especially with the high humidity that I suspect you guys have.
Yeah, it's so humid here, we hop in the pool to dry off.

KOAT evening news is on, the weather critter just reported it's sizzling hot......... 92 degrees........ I wonder what they consider broiling, 95 degrees?
Our high yesterday was a bit lower than the previous 2 days. It only made 99 here.Wednesday, it was 102 with the heat index, 114.

Almost... There IS a chill in the air. Seriously, I tolerate it pretty well. I keep the house about 74 and Doc's about 72. I do dread the electric bills this time of year.

We're all geared up for the eclipse on Monday afternoon. My brother bought a five pack of solar eclipse glasses. They remind me of the 3-D glasses I wore at the American Theater back in my youth. But they are supposed to protect me and my $1,800 cataract surgery safe from the solar corona.

Meanwhile I bought a four pack of Spaulding (pronounced "Spaldeen" by New Yorkers) High Bounce rubber balls. They are for my Brooklyn friend's six year old granddaughter. I included a note saying "Everyone should learn to play stickball. Have fun and play safe!"

It may be pretentious of me to assume she wants to learn to play stickball. Who knows what her parents think about her playing stickball. But I figure, sooner or later, she will play stickball as she lives in Brooklyn too.

So, is it safer to buy her Spaldeens, or let her find out about Spaldeens on the street? Anyway, they arrive Monday, along with the eclipse.

The little one's school bought eclipse glasses.......but they were recalled, so now the kids can't go out to watch. :( Apparently they may watch the eclipse on NASA's website, instead.

The little one's school bought eclipse glasses.......but they were recalled, so now the kids can't go out to watch. :( Apparently they may watch the eclipse on NASA's website, instead.
Watching an eclipse on a computer monitor is like listening to the Olympic opening ceremonies on the radio.

Watching an eclipse on a computer monitor is like listening to the Olympic opening ceremonies on the radio.

I've never done it, so I couldn't say for sure, but it doesn't sound great.

On the plus side, I don't think the little one has been especially excited at the prospect of seeing the eclipse.

Almost... There IS a chill in the air. Seriously, I tolerate it pretty well. I keep the house about 74 and Doc's about 72. I do dread the electric bills this time of year.

I would freeze to death at 72 here in the summer time though that would be uncomfortably warm during the winter. Funny how that works.

On the plus side, I don't think the little one has been especially excited at the prospect of seeing the eclipse.

I suppose there's too much danger of first and second graders taking a peek at the sun. We will watch the eclipse via the tried and true method of poking a pin hole in one piece of cardboard and holding it between the sun and another piece of cardboard. The sun rays projected through the pin hole will clearly show the shadow of the moon. We will only get about 75-80% eclipse here in Albuquerque though, Montro and the little one will get most of it.

a_rev.jpg

Ouch. Now that is hot especially with the high humidity that I suspect you guys have.

LOL, been there done that. When we visit folks the the Dallas, Arlington, Fort Worth area in the summertime, the heat and humidity combination is pretty tough for us desert dwellers. So we try to get lodging with Hombre's nephew in Arlington. They have a nice large swimming pool in their back yard and I would live in it if they didn't make me get out for things like dinner or going somewhere.

I am not thrilled with really hot weater. Then again, really cold weather makes me not able to move without a lot of pain. Middle is perfect for me. High in the 60's, nothing below 40. Only place that happens is home. But...I don't think I want to go home any more.:(

I suppose there's too much danger of first and second graders taking a peek at the sun. We will watch the eclipse via the tried and true method of poking a pin hole in one piece of cardboard and holding it between the sun and another piece of cardboard. The sun rays projected through the pin hole will clearly show the shadow of the moon. We will only get about 75-80% eclipse here in Albuquerque though, Montro and the little one will get most of it.

a_rev.jpg

Yeah, we're in the 90% range. The little one will be at school for the event, though.

View attachment 144691

Trig was a piece of cake once I started applying it to three-phase ac electricity. Calculus was and will probably remain an obscure concept unless I find some real-world reason for it.

Only someone who's lived in the Deep South would understand what you just said. I grew up in NC. I cannot see moving back to that sauna anytime in this life time.

Forum List

Back