USMB Coffee Shop IV

old people
We prefer the term geezer or fuddy duddy..........
Wat8.jpg

if we were really hanging out in real life, i'd excitedly force you to listen to peste noire
Never happen........

LISTEN NOW!

I'm not a fan of black metal, so I'm sure that colors my opinion, but besides not liking the music or vocals much, this isn't the highest quality production. It's certainly possible this would sound better with better studio work.

I'm a fan of more traditional death metal, rather than black metal. ;)

if we were really hanging out in real life, i'd excitedly force you to listen to peste noire
Never happen........

LISTEN NOW!

I'm not a fan of black metal, so I'm sure that colors my opinion, but besides not liking the music or vocals much, this isn't the highest quality production. It's certainly possible this would sound better with better studio work.

I'm a fan of more traditional death metal, rather than black metal. ;)

Lofi production adds to the atmosphere, making the music sound like something very old or conjuring up mental images of dungeons and crypts and cool stuff like that. At least, imo... Not all bm has crappy production and this one isn't even all that bad. Anyway here's some death metal for you.

Nope, a regular stick in the mud....... :D

you're scared of that devil music huh
No, don't like the more "modern" heavy metal, never have, it was bad enough when I couldn't understand the hard rock singers I used to listen to.

*shrug* intelligible lyrics have no impact quality of the music but ok
Then there's the natural flow of music lacking in the random, chaotic screeches of modern metal music.

the first 1:38 is acoustic. lol you two, my mom even likes this band...some of their songs anyway... but anyway, don't listen it's cool.

I did thoroughly enjoy the acoustic part. My son plays (and teaches) classical guitar as a serious avocation, but once they went into the 'devil music' as you described it, I'm sorry. Just not a connoisseur however much that makes me an old fuddy duddy. :)

you're scared of that devil music huh
No, don't like the more "modern" heavy metal, never have, it was bad enough when I couldn't understand the hard rock singers I used to listen to.

*shrug* intelligible lyrics have no impact quality of the music but ok
Then there's the natural flow of music lacking in the random, chaotic screeches of modern metal music.

the first 1:38 is acoustic. lol you two, my mom even likes this band...some of their songs anyway... but anyway, don't listen it's cool.

I did thoroughly enjoy the acoustic part. My son plays (and teaches) classical guitar as a serious avocation, but once they went into the 'devil music' as you described it, I'm sorry. Just not a connoisseur however much that makes me an old fuddy duddy. :)

I didn't really expect anyone here to like it past the acoustic part. Black Metal is definitely not for everyone. I think that band is brilliant though. They're from france, call their style hooligan french nationalist black metal. Translated lyrics show an extreme disdain towards what migrants and what they're doing to france.

I installed the battery in my Harley yesterday and the beast fired right up. A new front tire and I will take my first ride in over 6 months. Liz wants desperately to get some wind in her hair, so about a week to feel sure of myself, and I'm thinking a road trip is in my future.

Any destination in mind? I am assuming that Liz is the new lady friend?
Liz is... well, at this point, a lady friend. I am currently uncommitted. This all could change, but I'm enjoying being single right now. As far as a destination, I'm thinking I'll know when I get there.
If I have a passenger, it will likely be a weekend in New Orleans, if not, it might be Houston via Baton Rouge. There are, as they say, plenty of fish.

Tracking the hurricane, it looks like this weekend might be an excellent time to plan to be out of town.
It is getting a bit scary. The house has survived a couple hurricanes including a Cat 4 and the bar has survived about 10 hurricanes.
Gasoline has gone up 60 cents a gallon and I'm going to stock up in case I need the generator.

Aw congrats Save. He no doubt gets his good looks from his granddaddy.

More likely the paternal grandpa. My youngest daughter is processing a comment made to her by a coworker recently though. Apparently several of the college folk consider me quite the mini Hulk. I was moving a tree or large shrub and they were impressed that I just picked it up and walked off with it.

I have been doing some research and a bit of checking into the hurricane situation we've been exposed to this year. The results may surprise you. Bear with me. Grits, that great southern food (no, it's not chicken feed) have a very big influence on the storm cycle - especially on hurricanes. I have discovered that the more grits you eat, the milder the weather. So, if you'd like to wake up every day to beautiful blue sky's with plenty of sunshine and a nice breeze you need to eat more grits. Trust me. I've done the research.

I have been doing some research and a bit of checking into the hurricane situation we've been exposed to this year. The results may surprise you. Bear with me. Grits, that great southern food (no, it's not chicken feed) have a very big influence on the storm cycle - especially on hurricanes. I have discovered that the more grits you eat, the milder the weather. So, if you'd like to wake up every day to beautiful blue sky's with plenty of sunshine and a nice breeze you need to eat more grits. Trust me. I've done the research.
We have corn meal mush here in northeast Ohio. Best served pan fried with butter and maple syrup.

To me, grits is something like southern tofu. I never understood the best way to eat them. Some say butter, salt and pepper. Others go with the flapjack/mush method of syrup. I've even heard that tomato ketchup is the condiment most amenable with hominy grits.

If I had wallpaper to hang, I'd boil up a mess of grits.

But grits as a meterorlogical talisman is a new one on me!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back