USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Hossfly's knee rehab,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
Saveliberty in difficult transition, his daughter, and for his brother-in-law and family,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, , SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Thousands upon thousands of people in Texas are still hurting from the aftermath of Harvey.
rainbow.jpg

I have a rip just above the right knee on my jeans. While mowing a lawn today a ground hornet bumped into me and fell into the rip. He felt threatened and stung me. This is all complicated by the sting being next to the healing chain saw cut less than an inch away.

No grandson, job offer or dead BIL yet. Hopefully it unfolds in that order with a long delay on the last one.
Dang! When it rains it pours for you. Hey, what do you think about those fire ant rafts they're warning about in Houston?

The warnings are real and they are very dangerous. The fire ants are unique in that they lock themselves together to form a large 'raft' as you put it of thousands of floating ants. And if they bump into something solid--like a person or a boat--they are all over it. Like killer bees, if one stings they all do. I have seen the phenomenon only once during some flooding in Arkansas but apparently in the Houston area there are lots of them and they hurt like the dickens when they bite--with enough bites they can be fatal. They look like this and if people are not aware they may not know what they are approaching and just think it is debris in the water. They will either float free or anchor themselves to the shore by latching onto something to keep themselves from floating away.

Fire%2BAnt%2Braft.png
document.jpg

Eww! :ack-1:

I have a rip just above the right knee on my jeans. While mowing a lawn today a ground hornet bumped into me and fell into the rip. He felt threatened and stung me. This is all complicated by the sting being next to the healing chain saw cut less than an inch away.

No grandson, job offer or dead BIL yet. Hopefully it unfolds in that order with a long delay on the last one.
Dang! When it rains it pours for you. Hey, what do you think about those fire ant rafts they're warning about in Houston?

The warnings are real and they are very dangerous. The fire ants are unique in that they lock themselves together to form a large 'raft' as you put it of thousands of floating ants. And if they bump into something solid--like a person or a boat--they are all over it. Like killer bees, if one stings they all do. I have seen the phenomenon only once during some flooding in Arkansas but apparently in the Houston area there are lots of them and they hurt like the dickens when they bite--with enough bites they can be fatal. They look like this and if people are not aware they may not know what they are approaching and just think it is debris in the water. They will either float free or anchor themselves to the shore by latching onto something to keep themselves from floating away.

Fire%2BAnt%2Braft.png
document.jpg

Eww! :ack-1:

Gross huh. And dangerous. Sometimes even deadly.

I installed the battery in my Harley yesterday and the beast fired right up. A new front tire and I will take my first ride in over 6 months. Liz wants desperately to get some wind in her hair, so about a week to feel sure of myself, and I'm thinking a road trip is in my future.

I installed the battery in my Harley yesterday and the beast fired right up. A new front tire and I will take my first ride in over 6 months. Liz wants desperately to get some wind in her hair, so about a week to feel sure of myself, and I'm thinking a road trip is in my future.

Any destination in mind? I am assuming that Liz is the new lady friend?

I have been watching Hurricane Irma. The trajectory right now could put our friends in Alabama, Florida, and Georgia in the bullseye. Don't the weather gods know we haven't recovered from Harvey yet?

Of all the reporting about Harvey and the victims and the damage, one reporter said something I found amazing and profound. She said that the amount of water inundating Houston would equal the amount of water flowing over Niagara Falls...

...for fifteen days!

Of all the reporting about Harvey and the victims and the damage, one reporter said something I found amazing and profound. She said that the amount of water inundating Houston would equal the amount of water flowing over Niagara Falls...

...for fifteen days!

Before I got up this morning I usually watch a bit of the news to know whether I need to monitor it during the day. One of the comments said was Harvey may eventually be designated as a 1000 year storm, certainly the most devastating and costly ever. That the loss of life was as low as it is--44 on September 2--is a real testimony for the federal and state preparation and the organized massive rescue operation that went immediately into effect as well as a flood of volunteers towing boats from hundreds of miles around, all of whom helped pull people from their submerged vehicles, flooded homes, or trapped on rooftops and in trees.

The human race can indeed be quite remarkable.

Liz is... well, at this point, a lady friend. I am currently uncommitted. This all could change, but I'm enjoying being single right now. As far as a destination, I'm thinking I'll know when I get there.
If I have a passenger, it will likely be a weekend in New Orleans, if not, it might be Houston via Baton Rouge. There are, as they say, plenty of fish.

I have been watching Hurricane Irma. The trajectory right now could put our friends in Alabama, Florida, and Georgia in the bullseye. Don't the weather gods know we haven't recovered from Harvey yet?

It looks like it might hit Miami. As a category 4 or 5 that would be unimaginably bad. Trust me...everyone here in Florida is nervous.

It looks like it might hit Miami. As a category 4 or 5 that would be unimaginably bad. Trust me...everyone here in Florida is nervous.

I am sure there is a huge heads up in all of Florida. The trajectory I am seeing as of this morning could hit anywhere in Florida, eastern Alabama, Georgia. And they upgraded Irma to a Category 5 this morning. The only saving grace is that it is a fast moving storm that should hit and quickly move on unlike Harvey that sat parked over the Houston area for days. But Irma is so much stronger, the wind damage and storm surge will be much more severe if it hits.

I still remember Andrew and the utter devastation of the southern tip of Florida. I hope the folks just leave this time and don't put themselves at risk.

Last edited:

Liz is... well, at this point, a lady friend. I am currently uncommitted. This all could change, but I'm enjoying being single right now. As far as a destination, I'm thinking I'll know when I get there.
If I have a passenger, it will likely be a weekend in New Orleans, if not, it might be Houston via Baton Rouge. There are, as they say, plenty of fish.

Tracking the hurricane, it looks like this weekend might be an excellent time to plan to be out of town.

You're worried about getting a wet blowjob? :dunno:

I have been listening to this stupid car alarm for like an hour now. Beep beep beep. Beep beep beep. It is SO aggravating. :rolleyes:

When we lived on the mountain, the folks behind us had an apparently unmonitored alarm on their house that their dog left home alone set off every hour or so. We were something like 300 feet away but it was still loud and annoying. We didn't complain to them but apparently other neighbors did as it eventually stopped.

Last edited:
I have been listening to this stupid car alarm for like an hour now. Beep beep beep. Beep beep beep. It is SO aggravating. :rolleyes:

When we lived on the mountain, the folks behind us had an apparently unmonitored alarm on their house that their dog left home alone set off every hour or so. We were something like 200 feet away but it was still loud and annoying.

my neighbor doesn't care for his dogs properly...they're always alone in the back yard and he never interacts with them. dick.

You're worried about getting a wet blowjob? :dunno:

Oh that's bad Ringel. Funny but bad.

Forum List

Back