USMB Coffee Shop IV

Finally confirmed we have everything moved back over to the wife's laptop and I can have my big 17" back....... :banana:
Just finished downgrading it back to Win 8.1 then configuring it to look and act like Windows 7. :thup:

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Hossfly's knee rehab,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
Saveliberty in difficult transition, his daughter, and for his brother-in-law and family,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, , SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

sunset-after-the-storm.jpg

I found another food that my rabbit loves. It is called Wild Harvest Natural Treat Mix. He loves this stuff as much as he loves carrots! I have to get him some more. The only problem is it only comes in a tiny little bag. My rabbit needs a BIG bag of this stuff! :D

I found another food that my rabbit loves. It is called Wild Harvest Natural Treat Mix. He loves this stuff as much as he loves carrots! I have to get him some more. The only problem is it only comes in a tiny little bag. My rabbit needs a BIG bag of this stuff! :D

The mini doxie who is in our care until early December doesn't like hard treats much, and at her age I worry about her damaging, even breaking her teeth. Plus because she was so overweight when we got her, and I have her down to an ideal weight now, I am reluctant to give her much in the way of calories for treats. So I found some grain free 'petite treats' at Amazon--soft mini bites made of lamp, apples, and cinnamon and just 4 calories each. And she prefers those to all others.

It really takes so little to make them happy.

I've never had a pet rabbit, but I imagine being overweight is not likely with a rabbit? Anyhow it is fun to make them happy.

The mini doxie who is in our care until early December doesn't like hard treats much, and at her age I worry about her damaging, even breaking her teeth. Plus because she was so overweight when we got her, and I have her down to an ideal weight now, I am reluctant to give her much in the way of calories for treats. So I found some grain free 'petite treats' at Amazon--soft mini bites made of lamp, apples, and cinnamon and just 4 calories each. And she prefers those to all others.

I've never had a pet rabbit, but I imagine being overweight is not likely with a rabbit? Anyhow it is fun to make them happy.

No, he's not overweight. The snack is only seeds and things like that. I only give him a handful once or twice a day, and he gets his carrots or some other fruit or vegetable and his every day food. The bags of snacks are just so small. There aren't very many servings in there. My rabbit is big. Lol.

No, he's not overweight. The snack is only seeds and things like that. I only give him a handful once or twice a day, and he gets his carrots or some other fruit or vegetable and his every day food. The bags of snacks are just so small. There aren't very many servings in there. My rabbit is big. Lol.

Yeah, I was looking for something else at Amazon so looked at those treats. Looks like the largest bag is 3 ounces and rather expensive.

Yeah, I was looking for something else at Amazon so looked at those treats. Looks like the largest bag is 3 ounces and rather expensive.

It is expensive, but it's the only thing I've found that he REALLY loves. He is pretty picky. He loves chocolate too, but he can't have that!

I had a couple of Dove chocolates that someone gave me that I had put on the little side table next to my couch, and I had put some papers on top of them and had forgotten they were there, and the rabbit sniffed his way to them, and he was like leaning over the arm of the couch and eating them off the table, wrappers and all! He totally sniffed them out. I had to be quick and grab them up before he tried to run away with one!

I had a couple of Dove chocolates that someone gave me that I had put on the little side table next to my couch, and I had put some papers on top of them and had forgotten they were there, and the rabbit sniffed his way to them, and he was like leaning over the arm of the couch and eating them off the table, wrappers and all! He totally sniffed them out. I had to be quick and grab them up before he tried to run away with one!

Yes, most dogs also love chocolate but it is toxic to them and can be deadly. Does your bunny know you? Is he affectionate?

Yes, most dogs also love chocolate but it is toxic to them and can be deadly. Does your bunny know you? Is he affectionate?

Yes, he is very affectionate. He loves pats. He will get on the back of the couch and snuggle his head into mine sometimes. He at least knows that I'm the one who feeds him and takes care of him. He runs around me in circles and trips me whenever he wants something. Lol.

You give the dog you are taking care of lamps to eat? :eusa_eh:

You give the dog you are taking care of lamps to eat? :eusa_eh:

LOL. . .darn autocorrect. Lamb. . .I give her lamb. . . :)

I called up Kobo support about my ereader, which I bought about a month ago and stopped working perhaps a week ago. After about an hour on the phone, between hold and speaking to a nice gentleman with an Indian accent, I was eventually told, "Well, your reader appears to be broken. Sorry, nothing we can do, you'll have to buy a new one." Not entirely unexpected, but also far from the best customer support I've ever experienced.

I got the battery I ordered for my old Kindle today. I plugged it in, but it didn't fix the problem. I may, at some point, take the whole Kindle apart and put it back together, just on the off chance that fixes the issue.

I also got the open-box Kindle 4 I ordered today. Unlike the other ereaders, this one seems to be working fine. I charged it up, I put a few books on it with Calibre, and I've started reading one of the books. My first impression is that the Kindle keyboard is actually a bit more comfortable, but not enormously so. I had no issues putting books on the device, it looks just fine, and has page turn buttons on both the left and right side, so that I can comfortably hold it in either hand.

If nothing goes wrong with this Kindle, I will probably give up on using any other brand of ereader. I had the first Kindle for 6-7 years, which doesn't seem bad for an electronic device that I used almost every day, and dropped onto concrete on more than one occasion. :p

Waiting to hear back from the latest postal interview. Only 25 hours a week, but it is a good base pay and I basically run the counter by myself in a small town. I can get Obamcare and use the rest of the week to landscape. Home by 1:15pm every day.

We just got back home. Power was only out two days. No major damage to our home or Sherry's Mom's place. We got off very lucky. We'll tell you more later. Doing the clean up now.

We really dodged a bullet. Even as the storm was making landfall in Naples, they were still predicting it would scoot up the coast and nail us. We are about an hour north of Tampa on the Nature Coast, and they were showing the eye going right over us. My Mom's power went out at 11:30pm Sunday night, but thankfully came back on Monday just before 6pm. Since she couldn't use her electric powered oxygen concentrator, the neighbor's with a generator were kind enough to keep her 2 batteries charged for her portable concentrator. WQ spent a good part of yesterday cleaning up all the downed limbs in her yard. Afterwards, he changed into his thong and did laps in the pool. Power at our house came back on yesterday afternoon. I threw out what was left in the fridge and took the opportunity to give it a good scrubbing inside from top to bottom. WQ spent today cleaning up our yard. Some people in the area still don't have power, but most are expected to have it restored by the weekend. WQ's family lives near Lakeland, and they had some minimal damage, and most of them have power back. The storm ended up shifting closer to them, and they were harder hit since they were to the East of the eye. All in all, we feel blessed to be safe and sound. We appreciate all of the good thoughts sent our way.:thup:

We just got back home. Power was only out two days. No major damage to our home or Sherry's Mom's place. We got off very lucky. We'll tell you more later. Doing the clean up now.

We really dodged a bullet. Even as the storm was making landfall in Naples, they were still predicting it would scoot up the coast and nail us. We are about an hour north of Tampa on the Nature Coast, and they were showing the eye going right over us. My Mom's power went out at 11:30pm Sunday night, but thankfully came back on Monday just before 6pm. Since she couldn't use her electric powered oxygen concentrator, the neighbor's with a generator were kind enough to keep her 2 batteries charged for her portable concentrator. WQ spent a good part of yesterday cleaning up all the downed limbs in her yard. Afterwards, he changed into his thong and did laps in the pool. Power at our house came back on yesterday afternoon. I threw out what was left in the fridge and took the opportunity to give it a good scrubbing inside from top to bottom. WQ spent today cleaning up our yard. Some people in the area still don't have power, but most are expected to have it restored by the weekend. WQ's family lives near Lakeland, and they had some minimal damage, and most of them have power back. The storm ended up shifting closer to them, and they were harder hit since they were to the East of the eye. All in all, we feel blessed to be safe and sound. We appreciate all of the good thoughts sent our way.:thup:

:lol:

3707.jpg

:lol:

3707.jpg

I don't know what happened to my post re this I posted earlier this evening. But I said that I did pause a bit when Sherry got to the thong in her adventure recap. :) But I did move on and was glad to hear from WQ and Sherry that they and their loved ones were bent a bit but not broken in the storm. And that goes for our Alabama and Georgia peeps too and those on or near the other side of the Gulf coast still digging out from Harvey.

Also sending positive vibes to saveliberty with hopes for a good outcome in his employment adventures.

Otherwise, how about we all shoot for a couple of uneventful weeks?

Forum List

Back