USMB Coffee Shop IV

We just got back home. Power was only out two days. No major damage to our home or Sherry's Mom's place. We got off very lucky. We'll tell you more later. Doing the clean up now.

We really dodged a bullet. Even as the storm was making landfall in Naples, they were still predicting it would scoot up the coast and nail us. We are about an hour north of Tampa on the Nature Coast, and they were showing the eye going right over us. My Mom's power went out at 11:30pm Sunday night, but thankfully came back on Monday just before 6pm. Since she couldn't use her electric powered oxygen concentrator, the neighbor's with a generator were kind enough to keep her 2 batteries charged for her portable concentrator. WQ spent a good part of yesterday cleaning up all the downed limbs in her yard. Afterwards, he changed into his thong and did laps in the pool. Power at our house came back on yesterday afternoon. I threw out what was left in the fridge and took the opportunity to give it a good scrubbing inside from top to bottom. WQ spent today cleaning up our yard. Some people in the area still don't have power, but most are expected to have it restored by the weekend. WQ's family lives near Lakeland, and they had some minimal damage, and most of them have power back. The storm ended up shifting closer to them, and they were harder hit since they were to the East of the eye. All in all, we feel blessed to be safe and sound. We appreciate all of the good thoughts sent our way.:thup:

:lol:

3707.jpg

I don't know what happened to my post re this I posted earlier this evening. But I said that I did pause a bit when Sherry got to the thong in her adventure recap. :) But I did move on and was glad to hear from WQ and Sherry that they and their loved ones were bent a bit but not broken in the storm. And that goes for our Alabama and Georgia peeps too and those on or near the other side of the Gulf coast still digging out from Harvey.

Also sending positive vibes to saveliberty with hopes for a good outcome in his employment adventures.

Otherwise, how about we all shoot for a couple of uneventful weeks?

How about the rest of the year??

We just got back home. Power was only out two days. No major damage to our home or Sherry's Mom's place. We got off very lucky. We'll tell you more later. Doing the clean up now.

We really dodged a bullet. Even as the storm was making landfall in Naples, they were still predicting it would scoot up the coast and nail us. We are about an hour north of Tampa on the Nature Coast, and they were showing the eye going right over us. My Mom's power went out at 11:30pm Sunday night, but thankfully came back on Monday just before 6pm. Since she couldn't use her electric powered oxygen concentrator, the neighbor's with a generator were kind enough to keep her 2 batteries charged for her portable concentrator. WQ spent a good part of yesterday cleaning up all the downed limbs in her yard. Afterwards, he changed into his thong and did laps in the pool. Power at our house came back on yesterday afternoon. I threw out what was left in the fridge and took the opportunity to give it a good scrubbing inside from top to bottom. WQ spent today cleaning up our yard. Some people in the area still don't have power, but most are expected to have it restored by the weekend. WQ's family lives near Lakeland, and they had some minimal damage, and most of them have power back. The storm ended up shifting closer to them, and they were harder hit since they were to the East of the eye. All in all, we feel blessed to be safe and sound. We appreciate all of the good thoughts sent our way.:thup:

3707.jpg

Nice tan, WQ!

3707.jpg

I don't know what happened to my post re this I posted earlier this evening. But I said that I did pause a bit when Sherry got to the thong in her adventure recap. :) But I did move on and was glad to hear from WQ and Sherry that they and their loved ones were bent a bit but not broken in the storm. And that goes for our Alabama and Georgia peeps too and those on or near the other side of the Gulf coast still digging out from Harvey.

Also sending positive vibes to saveliberty with hopes for a good outcome in his employment adventures.

Power outage? We were out for a couple of hours just after lunch then Comcast went down until around 11 PM.

Finally! The Home Rehab Physical Therapist released me yesterday and today I'll see the doctor who did the surgery. Five weeks of PT and I'm ready to roll and get out of the house. I'll find out today if I need the two weeks of outpatient therapy. I've been able to sleep the past couple days and only have to get up 1 or 2 times a night to walk a little. I was getting up 12-87 times a night to walk. Also, I have lost 18 pounds of hog fat since July 28, down to 180. I certainly appreciate everybody's well wishes. Miss Foxfyre , you can remove me from your list in order to make room for some other poor soul in need.

Last edited:

3707.jpg

Power outage? We were out for a couple of hours just after lunch then Comcast went down until around 11 PM.

Really? No power outage here and no interruption in Comcast last night for us. Must have just been in a very small area.

Finally! The Home Rehab Physical Therapist released me yesterday and today I'll see the doctor who did the surgery. Five weeks of PT and I'm ready to roll and get out of the house. I'll find out today if I need the two weeks of outpatient therapy. I've been able to sleep the past couple days and only have to get up 1 or 2 times a night to walk a little. I was getting up 12-87 times a night to walk. Also, I have lost 18 pounds of hog fat since July 28, down to 180. I certainly appreciate everybody's well wishes. Miss Foxfyre , you can remove me from your list in order to make room for some other poor soul in need.

Happy to take you off the list Hossfly and will put you right back on as needed. Sounds like you're pretty much back to normal. I would like to lose about 20 pounds myself but don't want to have surgery to do it. :( Maybe just some extra time on the treadmill. . . .

3707.jpg

Really? No power outage here and no interruption in Comcast last night for us. Must have just been in a very small area.
May have been our block and some of the surrounding blocks, the power company showed up at the next door neighbors and were working in their back yard. They probably have a transformer back there, the cable problem might have been related.

We got back from the docs office, this morning.

His blood blisters are starting to heal and he is getting much better. :)
Me -I'm going to catch up on some much needed rest.
Talk with you all tomorrow morning.

It sounds like everyone is doing fine after all our trials and tribulations. :biggrin:
So happy to hear it.

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
Saveliberty in difficult transition, his daughter, and for his brother-in-law and family,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, , SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Sunset at Palm Island, Florida
7081a3583ded8c4ee9c1904299b2e431.jpg

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
Saveliberty in difficult transition, his daughter, and for his brother-in-law and family,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, , SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Sunset at Palm Island, Florida
7081a3583ded8c4ee9c1904299b2e431.jpg

Opps Foxy. As beautiful as it is that pic had malware.

Last night we had t-storms moving though, the power went out follow a millisecond by a flash and thunder.
Foxy, I'm willing to bet you lost power this time also......... Did look longingly across the valley at the lovely sight of Rio Rancho lit up.........

Forum List

Back