USMB Coffee Shop IV

70e78cbebc135fd3384cd3664b559a7a--vacuum-cleaners-carpet-cleaners.jpg

I'll be out of pocket most of tomorrow everybody. Hombre and I are going to a memorial service in Colorado Springs tomorrow afternoon and will be out of here at 0-dark-thirty in the morning. I may be able to check in a bit tomorrow night but otherwise sometime late Sunday afternoon.

So hold the fort and play nice.

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
Saveliberty in difficult transition, his daughter, and for his brother-in-law and family,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, , SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

10750688175_29af9f9f3c_z.jpg

Ride for the Fallen stopped by Doc's yesterday on their Poker Run at noon, there were 8 people at the bar. A half hour later, there were 80. I brought in 2 additional bartenders and handled security myself. It was a well behaved bunch except for the guy who complained a lot when his head hit the top of the door frame on his way in. The guy must have been 7'3". We had 52 bikes and 4 support vehicles show up within 2 minutes. We handled the onslaught without a hitch other than a slightly bruised head.
ride.jpg

The wife decided she wanted a drive today so headed south on Rte 337 (east side of the mountains), stopped at the Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument because we were desperately looking for a bathroom........ There was a trail sign the read; "Respect the rattlesnake's privacy, stay on the trail"..........
Very cool stop, glad we did, the ruins were awesome.

quarai.jpg

ruins-of-spanish-mission-church-and-pueblo-at-quarai-pueblo-salinas-BRK8HD.jpg

Finally made it down to Mountainair then west on Rte 60, northwest on Rte 47 up to Belen and stopped at Los Lunas for lunch. I still really like Los Lunas.

Last edited:
I think things may be better now. I feel..different. So does MrG. Not sure what it all means, but it's not a negative.

We have turned down one apartment management job since being here...and just today, we declined running a B&B as innkeepers. The apartment job was here. The B&B was..drumroll..at home. The beach. I am surprised I didn't want it. After all..this is what I wanted. To go home. At least, its what I THOUGHT I wanted. After some sleepless nights the past few days, it finally dawned on me. We don't want a job. We are retired and falling apart physically. Going back into the hospitality business is NOT something we had in mind. The B&B was tempting, I cannot deny that. But, it would be a lot of work. And cooking. Heavy pots and pans. 10 rooms over our heads full of people wanting stuff at all hours. It would be like managing a motel...where you are stuck there 24/7. We can't do it. Oh, we could, but it would probably kill us sooner rather than later.

So, today was enlightenment day. We declined The Beach. Home. When karma drew her last breath, The Beach died along with her. And a major part of my heart. I finally have let it go. We were blessed with 30 years of living on the coast, listening to waves break, gulls cry, foghorn wail, perfect weather. But now, it is time to spend our remaining years as Forest Folk. 4 Seasons. Extreme weather for each season. Raccoons chatting with me at the window, tree squirrels begging for food on the porch, neighbor cats and dogs coming over to visit, new friends I have made here. And....no more stress worrying.

I love my own room. MrG has his own room. We are warm, dry, keep our section of the house neat and clean, have a kitchen to cook in, can come and go as we please, have new docs, and in general...are semi normal again after a year of stress, pain, sorrow, sadness, doubt, anger, distress, homelessness. I think...fingers crossed...the bad days are now over. I hope.

Now, we wait for housing here that will be our very own. 2 year wait...but at least we are comfortable while waiting. Tomorrow IS another day and it looks better than it has in a long long LONG time.

I have a cold starting, I feel sick. It sucks.

Sending well thoughts.

We arrived back home early afternoon but after picking up our resident doxie, visiting with my aunt a bit, and then unloading and unpacking I am pretty well zonked. We aren't as young as we used to be and going to Colorado Springs and back in 30 hours or so just isn't all that easy anymore. No changes in the vigil list that I know of except for Drifter's impending cold. So I'll catch up tomorrow everybody and will wish all a good night.

Forum List

Back