USMB Coffee Shop IV

Was browsing Pinterest and stumbled across this one..which made me think of ChrisL :)

Titled:

I Haz Bunnies

af8801bb518fb4ee1252019c600f950a.jpg

I might give this a try on an end table. Maybe. Or...a wooden small vanity box.

I think things may be better now. I feel..different. So does MrG. Not sure what it all means, but it's not a negative.

We have turned down one apartment management job since being here...and just today, we declined running a B&B as innkeepers. The apartment job was here. The B&B was..drumroll..at home. The beach. I am surprised I didn't want it. After all..this is what I wanted. To go home. At least, its what I THOUGHT I wanted. After some sleepless nights the past few days, it finally dawned on me. We don't want a job. We are retired and falling apart physically. Going back into the hospitality business is NOT something we had in mind. The B&B was tempting, I cannot deny that. But, it would be a lot of work. And cooking. Heavy pots and pans. 10 rooms over our heads full of people wanting stuff at all hours. It would be like managing a motel...where you are stuck there 24/7. We can't do it. Oh, we could, but it would probably kill us sooner rather than later.

So, today was enlightenment day. We declined The Beach. Home. When karma drew her last breath, The Beach died along with her. And a major part of my heart. I finally have let it go. We were blessed with 30 years of living on the coast, listening to waves break, gulls cry, foghorn wail, perfect weather. But now, it is time to spend our remaining years as Forest Folk. 4 Seasons. Extreme weather for each season. Raccoons chatting with me at the window, tree squirrels begging for food on the porch, neighbor cats and dogs coming over to visit, new friends I have made here. And....no more stress worrying.

I love my own room. MrG has his own room. We are warm, dry, keep our section of the house neat and clean, have a kitchen to cook in, can come and go as we please, have new docs, and in general...are semi normal again after a year of stress, pain, sorrow, sadness, doubt, anger, distress, homelessness. I think...fingers crossed...the bad days are now over. I hope.

Now, we wait for housing here that will be our very own. 2 year wait...but at least we are comfortable while waiting. Tomorrow IS another day and it looks better than it has in a long long LONG time.

I hope everything works out for you, Gracie.

Thanks Toro. I hope so too. One thing I learned...I'm tougher than I thought I was. Its been a really REALLY rough ride at our ages.

I resized the images, does this help Foxfyre?

GetAttachmentThumbnail
Only

Apparently iphone4 to USMB is an issue.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

No. Sorry. And it doesn't show any coding at all for images when I quote you. Strange.

I can see them just fine now. I wonder if it has something to do with having different browsers running? I'm using Chrome.

I think things may be better now. I feel..different. So does MrG. Not sure what it all means, but it's not a negative.

We have turned down one apartment management job since being here...and just today, we declined running a B&B as innkeepers. The apartment job was here. The B&B was..drumroll..at home. The beach. I am surprised I didn't want it. After all..this is what I wanted. To go home. At least, its what I THOUGHT I wanted. After some sleepless nights the past few days, it finally dawned on me. We don't want a job. We are retired and falling apart physically. Going back into the hospitality business is NOT something we had in mind. The B&B was tempting, I cannot deny that. But, it would be a lot of work. And cooking. Heavy pots and pans. 10 rooms over our heads full of people wanting stuff at all hours. It would be like managing a motel...where you are stuck there 24/7. We can't do it. Oh, we could, but it would probably kill us sooner rather than later.

So, today was enlightenment day. We declined The Beach. Home. When karma drew her last breath, The Beach died along with her. And a major part of my heart. I finally have let it go. We were blessed with 30 years of living on the coast, listening to waves break, gulls cry, foghorn wail, perfect weather. But now, it is time to spend our remaining years as Forest Folk. 4 Seasons. Extreme weather for each season. Raccoons chatting with me at the window, tree squirrels begging for food on the porch, neighbor cats and dogs coming over to visit, new friends I have made here. And....no more stress worrying.

I love my own room. MrG has his own room. We are warm, dry, keep our section of the house neat and clean, have a kitchen to cook in, can come and go as we please, have new docs, and in general...are semi normal again after a year of stress, pain, sorrow, sadness, doubt, anger, distress, homelessness. I think...fingers crossed...the bad days are now over. I hope.

Now, we wait for housing here that will be our very own. 2 year wait...but at least we are comfortable while waiting. Tomorrow IS another day and it looks better than it has in a long long LONG time.

Nice to hear you are feeling better about things and keeping a positive attitude. :smiliehug: I hope you and Mr. G get your own place soon.

GetAttachmentThumbnail
Only

GetAttachmentThumbnail

No. Sorry. And it doesn't show any coding at all for images when I quote you. Strange.

I can see them just fine now. I wonder if it has something to do with having different browsers running? I'm using Chrome.
I use silver and turquoise.......... Chrome can stay on my vehicles..........

GetAttachmentThumbnail
Only

GetAttachmentThumbnail

I use Chrome for most stuff too, including USMB, but I still just see an [img ] with no coding.

Good to see you dropping in the Coffee Shop Toro. You ought to do that more often. :)

You have two rooms now? At least that is an improvement. I usually apply a version of the "Serenity Prayer" to these things. We change what can be changed as we can, make the best of what we cannot change, and pray that we know which of these is best to do.

A form of contentment now is a good thing. And I trust that as events unfold for all of us, we will make the best choices for us.

Good to see you dropping in the Coffee Shop Toro. You ought to do that more often. :)
Toro's in the CS? Secure all breakables!!!!!

There is a little list of "latest threads" below the thread now. I don't think I care for this new feature.

I saw that and though it isn't really a problem, I agree. Just takes up space on and clutters up the page.

When I first replied to a post this morning, it was there, and I was wondering what was going on. Lol. Until I scrolled up, I thought it had taken me to another page or something.

What's this "Saturday, Monday" stuff? It does sound vaguely familiar but I just can't seem to place it.

That is Steve Harvey who announced the wrong person as the winner of Ms. Universe. Lol.

Steve Harvey Accidentally Names the Wrong Winner of Miss Universe: Watch
Welp, that joke fell flat......... I know who Steve Harvey is....... I was referring to different days of the week that all tend to blend and become one when one is "retired".

Forum List

Back