USMB Coffee Shop IV

And this is my itty bitty bedroom. But..its all mine, so no complaints here either :lol:

2qa1fs1.jpg

hujexi.jpg

2hxsggj.jpg

I think things may be better now. I feel..different. So does MrG. Not sure what it all means, but it's not a negative.

We have turned down one apartment management job since being here...and just today, we declined running a B&B as innkeepers. The apartment job was here. The B&B was..drumroll..at home. The beach. I am surprised I didn't want it. After all..this is what I wanted. To go home. At least, its what I THOUGHT I wanted. After some sleepless nights the past few days, it finally dawned on me. We don't want a job. We are retired and falling apart physically. Going back into the hospitality business is NOT something we had in mind. The B&B was tempting, I cannot deny that. But, it would be a lot of work. And cooking. Heavy pots and pans. 10 rooms over our heads full of people wanting stuff at all hours. It would be like managing a motel...where you are stuck there 24/7. We can't do it. Oh, we could, but it would probably kill us sooner rather than later.

So, today was enlightenment day. We declined The Beach. Home. When karma drew her last breath, The Beach died along with her. And a major part of my heart. I finally have let it go. We were blessed with 30 years of living on the coast, listening to waves break, gulls cry, foghorn wail, perfect weather. But now, it is time to spend our remaining years as Forest Folk. 4 Seasons. Extreme weather for each season. Raccoons chatting with me at the window, tree squirrels begging for food on the porch, neighbor cats and dogs coming over to visit, new friends I have made here. And....no more stress worrying.

I love my own room. MrG has his own room. We are warm, dry, keep our section of the house neat and clean, have a kitchen to cook in, can come and go as we please, have new docs, and in general...are semi normal again after a year of stress, pain, sorrow, sadness, doubt, anger, distress, homelessness. I think...fingers crossed...the bad days are now over. I hope.

Now, we wait for housing here that will be our very own. 2 year wait...but at least we are comfortable while waiting. Tomorrow IS another day and it looks better than it has in a long long LONG time.
I'm not particularly religious, but I have always liked this "poem":
il_340x270_517823161_ebbs.jpg

No one here has ever doubted your courage, Gracie. And you've demonstrated immeasurable serenity accepting so much in your life. But I do believe you have found your wisdom.

I can't stay long, my partner is mucking around with the electricity again. I'm getting ready to hire a professional, but my passive-aggressive, a-hole partner would only have to screw it up because no one does anything well enough for him to leave it alone. This gets frustrating...
The weather remains shitty here. It's raining again (still) and I will have to go out and take care of some things. I fired up the wood burning stove for the first time this summer/fall, so drying out and warming up will be fairly pleasant. The partner hacked up a couple of trees last week at the bottom of the hill and I have to figure out how to get the wood up to the splitter so I can make firewood out of it. I'll need loads of firewood this winter, living here full time.
More later, my battery will fail soon.

That's gross. :(
Just be glad you weren't born in the 1800s, crossing the Great American Desert............

chipin.jpg

This I can see just fine. :)

Can you see it now?

View attachment 149929

Yep, saw it there. I wonder what, exactly, the disconnect is. I have a little bit of computer knowledge, but not enough in this instance. :p
Me too. Sometimes I will post a picture and next time I go to that post it will show
Cleaning out Windows junk files and Internet junk files using System Mechanic usually clears up the problem.

To be honest, I am feeling a bit defeated. Unemployment benefits end in five weeks, the landscape season is winding down, my FB page for the business is not generating work yet, apparently there is an Obamacare window that has ended meaning no coverage this year and no word on the postal job. Sigh...

Still, I try to do a few positive things each day and hopefully good changes are almost here.

Forum List

Back