USMB Coffee Shop IV

To be honest, I am feeling a bit defeated. Unemployment benefits end in five weeks, the landscape season is winding down, my FB page for the business is not generating work yet, apparently there is an Obamacare window that has ended meaning no coverage this year and no word on the postal job. Sigh...

Still, I try to do a few positive things each day and hopefully good changes are almost here.

:smiliehug:

That's gross. :(
Just be glad you weren't born in the 1800s, crossing the Great American Desert............

chipin.jpg

This I can see just fine. :)

Can you see it now?

View attachment 149929

Yes, and how interesting.

To be honest, I am feeling a bit defeated. Unemployment benefits end in five weeks, the landscape season is winding down, my FB page for the business is not generating work yet, apparently there is an Obamacare window that has ended meaning no coverage this year and no word on the postal job. Sigh...

Still, I try to do a few positive things each day and hopefully good changes are almost here.

The universe almost never works on our preferred schedule, but sending all possible positive vibes and prayers your way.

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Mr. Kat for healing and wellness,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

There-is-light-at-the-End-of-every-tunnel.jpg

Neighbor came by a few hours ago and said at noon today, a bear was walking along the roadway in front of our houses, just meandering along. Said it looked about a year old and since bears keep their cubs with them at least 2 years, that means mama was not too far away. Noon time. Bear. House. Not a good mix. What if I was walking over to get Casey and came face to face with it? Still, no complaints cuz this is their turf we have to share with them. I'll just be very LOUD and NOISY walking now :lol:

And I wish I would have seen it pass by. From a distance of course. :
;)

Neighbor came by a few hours ago and said at noon today, a bear was walking along the roadway in front of our houses, just meandering along. Said it looked about a year old and since bears keep their cubs with them at least 2 years, that means mama was not too far away. Noon time. Bear. House. Not a good mix. What if I was walking over to get Casey and came face to face with it? Still, no complaints cuz this is their turf we have to share with them. I'll just be very LOUD and NOISY walking now :lol:

And I wish I would have seen it pass by. From a distance of course. :
;)

Even loud and noisy isn't all that helpful if you encounter a mama with cubs. Just be really aware and careful.

When we lived up on the mountain, we would at times find 10-inch bear tracks just off our front deck. Gives you pause for thought.

And good morning all. A beautiful windless sunny day in New Mexico--definitely fall is in the air in the early mornings now and the days are mostly skies so blue they almost hurt your eyes to look at them with occasional fluffy white clouds for artistic effect. The aspens are turning on the mountain and the chamisa is blooming and slowly the color is coming into the cottonwoods, oak, and maples etc. here in town. I love, love, love fall in New Mexico. By far my favorite season.

We will spend part of my birthday today taking Aunt Betty to the cemetery to decorate my Uncle Ed's grave--yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of his passing. And then we will take her to lunch I think at the Black Angus today. All labors of love.

And good morning all. A beautiful windless sunny day in New Mexico--definitely fall is in the air in the early mornings now and the days are mostly skies so blue they almost hurt your eyes to look at them with occasional fluffy white clouds for artistic effect. The aspens are turning on the mountain and the chamisa is blooming and slowly the color is coming into the cottonwoods, oak, and maples etc. here in town. I love, love, love fall in New Mexico. By far my favorite season.

We will spend part of my birthday today taking Aunt Betty to the cemetery to decorate my Uncle Ed's grave--yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of his passing. And then we will take her to lunch I think at the Black Angus today. All labors of love.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Nice-Birthday-Cake-With-Candles.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Nice-Birthday-Cake-With-Candles.jpg

Thank you. :) You don't know how accurate that is. When we reach a certain age, we have to notify the fire department before we can light the birthday cake. :)

I went googling. Found this pic of bears someone 3 blocks over took recently. :ack-1:

bezvjk.jpg

Weird, not a dumpster in sight.

Nor a picinic basket...

Happy Birthday Foxy...

Happy birthday Mama Fox!

fox-party-9.jpg

Forum List

Back