USMB Coffee Shop IV

It's really not that bad when I'm all geared up. When that wind blows though . . . it is pretty brutal. It hurts your face and ears. I can't wait until Friday when it is 50 degrees. That will be nice for a change!

It's really not that bad when I'm all geared up. When that wind blows though . . . it is pretty brutal. It hurts your face and ears. I can't wait until Friday when it is 50 degrees. That will be nice for a change!
Cold hurts. I like a nice even 100 degree day with 5% humidity.

That's a bit too warm for me. I like temperatures from say 65 to 80. Those are perfect temperatures for me.

70 and sunny here during the day! Space heater going until the temp picks up.

That is HOT! :lol:
Not here it's not!

Where is "here" roughly DarkFury? Hawaii? Southern California? Far south Texas? Arizona? It isn't really cold here either (New Mexico) but we are hoping to get that way soon. These warm dry temps in the winter are confusing to the bears, to the fish, and devastating to our winter sports/recreation areas and the watershed.

And welcome to the Coffee Shop. I believe this is your first visit here and you joined right in. We're happy to have you. First timers receive a complimentary beverage:

hub_classic_cocktail_bloodymary.jpg

Slow day here yesterday, huh?

Yes. The Coffee Shop is just a few months away from being seven years old. Over that time there has been a distinctive ebb and flow to it. Sometimes we add a bunch of pages in a day and some days it is quiet as a church mouse. I used to worry about the slow times and wondered if I had offended folks or maybe it had run its course and various other minor attacks of paranoia. But I haven't worried about it for a long time now. It is what it is, and whatever happens is okay so long as its intent and spirit prevails. I have become very fond of friends made here and I think others feel that way too.

I have a chest cold. I'm hoping it clears up before my job interview tomorrow.

Take some Vicks vaporub, see if they'll apply it. You can learn a lot about a new employer that way.

I really want to work. It turns out I love working a job especially if I can help people. I just don't like a hostile work environment. I am praying that God will unfold the right environment for me. I am resting today. I was supposed to go to a volunteer group for making people aware of murdered and missing indigenous women but I will have to skip it and go next time.

Last edited:

Take some Vicks vaporub, see if they'll apply it. You can learn a lot about a new employer that way.

I really want to work. It turns out I love working a job especially if I can help people. I just don't like a hostile work environment. I am praying that God will unfold the right environment for me. I am resting today. I was supped to go to a volunteer group for making people aware of murdered and missing indigenous women but I will have to skip it and go next time.

Same here, hopefully my pending Friday test will be the last big hurdle in keeping my postal job.

I really want to work. It turns out I love working a job especially if I can help people. I just don't like a hostile work environment. I am praying that God will unfold the right environment for me. I am resting today. I was supped to go to a volunteer group for making people aware of murdered and missing indigenous women but I will have to skip it and go next time.

Same here, hopefully my pending Friday test will be the last big hurdle in keeping my postal job.

I know you will do well.

And you are up there on the list too, Save, and the prayer is that this will be the last of difficult transition for both of you.

And you are up there on the list too, Save, and the prayer is that this will be the last of difficult transition for both of you.

Thanking God for all my blessings already received and the nice people at the coffee shop. I am just napping off and on and starting to feel better.

You need to take some vitamins and not smoke so much, girl! :D Vitamin C. Get it any way you can. It can help build up your immunity to fight off colds and other annoying ailments. I like to drink OJ when I'm sick. It really makes me feel better. That and sleeping a lot.

Forum List

Back