USMB Coffee Shop IV

It is FREEZING here. I was supposed to go out tonight, but I'm not going anywhere. I am staying home in the nice warm house tonight!

We keep our house at 68 during the day and 67 at night. Occasionally we spurge and hit 69 or 70.

I was concerned about all the water freezing up in Boston from what I heard in news reports yesterday.

I keep my heat on at least 68 all the time. I would be cold if it was any lower. I don't like to be cold.

I think we all will survive this. I am used to 100° though. I am tired of being bundled up.

Here you go.

29b5ddf1-8a92-4c83-abb4-7b06463d31db_1.186fb4b59b7041d35173b9e00e340431.jpeg

Tomorrow I will be wearing my fleece tights under my pants and a shirt under my sweater and my coat, hat, scarf (to help protect my face), and mittens. I might even wear my snow pants. Lol. They look stupid but they are really warm!

It is FREEZING here. I was supposed to go out tonight, but I'm not going anywhere. I am staying home in the nice warm house tonight!

We keep our house at 68 during the day and 67 at night. Occasionally we spurge and hit 69 or 70.

I was concerned about all the water freezing up in Boston from what I heard in news reports yesterday.

I keep my heat on at least 68 all the time. I would be cold if it was any lower. I don't like to be cold.

At your age we did that a lot too. But at our age, our personal thermostats don't operate quite so efficiently so we are more comfortable in the winter at 70-71 degrees. Less than that, chilly. More than that too warm. In the summer anything under low to mid 80's is okay though.

Last edited:

At your age we did that a lot too. But at our age, our personal thermostats don't operate quite so efficiently so we are more comfortable in the winter at 70-71 degrees. Less than that, chilly. More than that too warm. In the summer anything under low 80's is okay though.

Well, yesterday and today it's been on 69 and is registering 70 in here (because I made dinner and the oven was going), so it is very comfortable in here right now. I am sitting on my recliner with my coffee, my laptop, my M&Ms, and my blankie! :D So you can see why I don't want to go out anywhere. :lol: I have it ALL right here!

Y'all need to turn in your romaine lettuce, yanno. I just bought some 3 days ago and tossed the rest in the trash. Ecoli problem with it. California is one state..and new york. Might wanna check the news to see if your state is listed.

Haven't heard any reports about it around here. I just finished a bag of romaine lettuce for my taco lasagna. Not sick, thankfully! :)

I must be one of the few remaining people on the planet who still prefers iceberg lettuce in her salads and sandwiches. Romaine lettuce seems so limp and blah in comparison and I don't like the taste as well. So, I never buy it.

Its on the news. Seems a bunch of people got sick and one died. All tied to romaine lettuce.
I've had the noro virus before. No thanks.

I must be one of the few remaining people on the planet who still prefers iceberg lettuce in her salads and sandwiches. Romaine lettuce seems so limp and blah in comparison and I don't like the taste as well. So, I never buy it.
I am not overly fond of it either and prefer iceburg. But this time...I didn't buy the usual.

It is a bit limp, you are right, but I think it tastes a little sweeter than iceberg. If I make a salad though, I will have a mix of romaine and iceberg for the crunch.

Well...I have 4 episodes left of Lilyhammer...then I have to head out to get Casey for his visit. So..I will see you guys later tonight after Hells kitchen.:)

Well...I have 4 episodes left of Lilyhammer...then I have to head out to get Casey for his visit. So..I will see you guys later tonight after Hells kitchen.:)

Have fun with Casey. I hope he likes his new toys. I was thinking about picking up some cat or dog toys for my rabbit since I found out that he does actually like to play with those little puff ball key chains.

Romaine lettuce (the more green lettuces) have more vitamins in them too. Just an FYI! :)

I know but I compensate by adding more stuff with vitamins in my salads that will be loaded with radish, celery, tomato, cucumber, finely shredded cabbage, onion, and sometimes other fresh veggies I have on hand. I sometimes even add chopped apple, walnuts, and/or mandarin oranges. I go for taste, curb appeal, and nutrition but it also has to be something I enjoy eating. :)

Last edited:
Mrs. Liberty just got back from the grocery store, I helped bring in the food. The snow makes a crunchy/squeaky sound as you walk on it. That tells you it is really cold. The Romaine lettuce problem was from mid December, so most likely it is okay now.

Forum List

Back