USMB Coffee Shop IV

Romaine lettuce (the more green lettuces) have more vitamins in them too. Just an FYI! :)

I know but I compensate by added more stuff with vitamins in my salad. I go for taste, curb appeal, and nutrition but it also has to be something I enjoy eating. :)

For me, lettuce is lettuce, and I can eat pretty much any kind of lettuce and like it. I only started eating romaine because it is better for my rabbit than iceberg, so why buy two lettuces when we can just share it?

I keep my heat on at least 68 all the time. I would be cold if it was any lower. I don't like to be cold.

I have 3' x 7' single pane windows in my 1925 home. We layer clothes and have extra blankies.

We have very large windows in our living room and two of the bedrooms too and they are not thermal windows. But we don't have the extreme heat some areas get and and don't have the extreme cold like you get though we definitely have all four seasons here. So it isn't that big a problem. Hombre wants to replace those old windows but I simply haven't found any way that considerable expense would increase our overall enjoyment of the house, and I don't think we will live long enough to recoup any savings on our heating and cooling bills..

If you use enough Blue Cheese dressing, they taste exactly the same.

Hombre likes bleu cheese. I don't. :)

I love bleu cheese. I can't think of a cheese that I've had that I didn't like! :2up:

I have had bleu cheese recipes that I do like. But I don't want bleu cheese dressing on my salad. Like you I do like most cheeses but I don't want cheese in my salad. I prefer a really really good slightly sweet vinagrette. Albertsons here once featured a mango vinagrette--it was sold cold from a cooler in the salad section--that we liked better than any store bought dressing we had ever had. But one day they quit carrying it and I haven't been able to find it anywhere since. Sigh.

I love bleu cheese. I can't think of a cheese that I've had that I didn't like! :2up:

I have had bleu cheese recipes that I do like. But I don't want bleu cheese dressing on my salad. Like you I do like most cheeses but I don't want cheese in my salad. I prefer a really really good slightly sweet vinagrette. Albertsons here once featured a mango vinagrette--it was sold cold from a cooler in the salad section--that we liked better than any store bought dressing we had ever had. But one day they quit carrying it and I haven't been able to find it anywhere since. Sigh.

I love the thick creamy and fattening dressings the most! :p I never liked the vinegar based dressings except for Italian. Even then, I prefer creamy Italian. Lol! I'm lucky I have a good metabolism because the way I eat, I would weigh 400 pounds!

I love the thick creamy and fattening dressings the most! :p I never liked the vinegar based dressings except for Italian. Even then, I prefer creamy Italian. Lol! I'm lucky I have a good metabolism because the way I eat, I would weigh 400 pounds!

I do envy you that figure. :)

Well, I do work out too (although I've been slacking over the holidays), so that helps to keep your metabolism up to burn off those extra calories! I do tend towards the more unhealthy food choices sometimes though.

Why is it that all of the stuff that is good or fun or whatever is so bad for you? What kind of cruel joke is that? :mad:

Well, I do work out too (although I've been slacking over the holidays), so that helps to keep your metabolism up to burn off those extra calories! I do tend towards the more unhealthy food choices sometimes though.

Why is it that all of the stuff that is good or fun or whatever is so bad for you? What kind of cruel joke is that? :mad:

All that I have asked when I die is that I get to take my list of unanswerable questions with me. That question is on it. :)

While I personally have never been inside a Trader Joe's, looks like they may have what you want Foxy...

sweet-spicy-mango-vinaigrette.jpg

While I personally have never been inside a Trader Joe's, looks like they may have what you want Foxy...

Maybe so. I'll have to check that out. Everywhere else, anything mango has chipotle which we don't want. Thanks.

Too much Blue Cheese, not enough Mega Millions wins, it is always something. Thank goodness I already have a social security number. Imagine that could be quite a problem for most lottery winning cats.

Maybe so. I'll have to check that out. Everywhere else, anything mango has chipotle which we don't want. Thanks.

Honey Chipotle chicken thighs! Yum! I love the sweet and spicy combo.

Extra prayers, positive thoughts, strengthening vibes sent across the miles to ricechickie.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter in difficult transition,
ricechickie for impending surgery,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Esthermoon, Sixfoot, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

To all our friends in the deep freeze, stay warm.
15SHK8.jpg

Just checking in. Still busy and adding more projects as time goes by......... Damn end of year super sales......... :lol:

Picked up a heavy duty belt to use for western impressions but I'm going to have to modify it some and lots of super deals on wool and silk brocade fabrics. Most were half to three quarters off the original price.

Good morning! :) Well it is -2 degrees right now the feels like temperature -18 degrees. This is supposed to be our last really cold day though thankfully. It should be in the 20s and 30s for this week. The weather channel is saying it will be around 50 degrees on Friday! That is going to feel HOT compared to the weather we have had! :lol:

Forum List

Back