USMB Coffee Shop IV

Similar environment produce similar behaviour :)

Now let's work harder up to... Stop, after USSR falling we've back to religion, so our target is 19th of January, Epiphany... With swimming at ice-hole for everyone, who believe or just want to do it! :) Btw, usually it's a time of serious frosts...

Please send pics of ice-hole swimming! :)

It just ain't 'natural' to swim or fish in water you have to poke holes into. This is by far a more appropriate and natural use of ice...
Better-Margarita-portrait-680.jpg

Below is our version of 'ice-hole' swimming - natural springs with a constant water temp of 72 deg Fahrenheit. Plenty cold on a 98 deg. day!

523539_422634227772557_970681191_n.jpg

Oh, there are a lot of photos of Epiphany swimming, with women and children too...
20984.970.JPG

But as for me, I'm not a lover of it too :))) If you doing it fast, there are no any problems to do it, but I prefer sitting at home and be heated by furnace :) Or to swim in warm water, like you present :))))

Mojito is good, but what about frosty vodka - vodka, colded to the gel condition? It's very interesting and easy drinking, but a bit dangerous for your throat :)))

Brrr. It has been springlike all winter for us so far but I am wearing a warm sweatshirt and have my little desk heater running as I type this. So I'm afraid your Epiphany swimming excursion must remain for the hardier of your neighbors and I'll check off Seagal's swimming hole--assuming the temperature is in the 90's--is much more appealing to me. :)

Damn, I'm from south Russia and I don't love to swim in ice-hole :) My swimming season could be started in April/May, from a 10-15C, not less! :) I understand, how it can be to swim in cold water, but prefer much more warm condition! :)

Sorry, but I have to say I prefer Seagal's swimming hole! ;)

Ha-ha, you just afraid concurrency from Russian girls :)

1f6f0d0a6b55ec2d5fe6f3862515f36d_.jpg

I think those people are crazy and just asking for frostbite! :eek:

No, they are just jolly and have a hot hearts :)

You say jolly, I say crazy. :D

I think, sad and whining people are really much more crazy! :)

I think they're a hoot!! (In American talk, that is a good thing. :) ) When I was still young with a better thermostat I would have joined in that group in a heartbeat, but probably just long enough for the photo. Of course I had a body that could withstand photographing in a bathing suit then. Now, not so much. :)

:)) Why not? A had a bottle of anis-flavored vodka about half of year in my case, but during the NY walking it reduced to half, step by step.. I think, I'll make a effort at this weekend to finish it :)) But if it happen occasionally - it would be double good :)

Why not what? :) Memory wanes as oldth waxes - but something about Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka, Licor 43, ice, lemonade, cream and the whirring sound of a blender rings a bell.

Interesting how we sometimes associate types of alcohol to regions - beer makes me think of folks in Lederhosen...Scotch brings to mind kilts and moors...Irish Whiskey, well leprechauns and blarney...rum, the drink of sword wielding pirates plundering the turquoise seas and fragrant, velvety soft tropical nights of the Caribbean, and vodka? - fur clad Cossack's with icy beards rampaging through the deep snow of the cold, dark North.

In other time and place whose drink might have appealed?...William Wallace or Cu Chalainn?...Captain Jack Sparrow or Dr. Zhivago?

Rum wins. *sigh* what lady could resist a rum swilling, sword wielding bad boy in dreads? *sigh* :biggrin:

th

Are you a fan of Jimmy Buffett? One of my favorite songs...

A Pirate Looks at 40.

Yes, I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
Cannons don't thunder there's nothin' to plunder,
I'm an over forty victim of fate...
:cool:

:)) Why not? A had a bottle of anis-flavored vodka about half of year in my case, but during the NY walking it reduced to half, step by step.. I think, I'll make a effort at this weekend to finish it :)) But if it happen occasionally - it would be double good :)

Why not what? :) Memory wanes as oldth waxes - but something about Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka, Licor 43, ice, lemonade, cream and the whirring sound of a blender rings a bell.

Interesting how we sometimes associate types of alcohol to regions - beer makes me think of folks in Lederhosen...Scotch brings to mind kilts and moors...Irish Whiskey, well leprechauns and blarney...rum, the drink of sword wielding pirates plundering the turquoise seas and fragrant, velvety soft tropical nights of the Caribbean, and vodka? - fur clad Cossack's with icy beards rampaging through the deep snow of the cold, dark North.

In other time and place whose drink might have appealed?...William Wallace or Cu Chalainn?...Captain Jack Sparrow or Dr. Zhivago?

Rum wins. *sigh* what lady could resist a rum swilling, sword wielding bad boy in dreads? *sigh* :biggrin:

th

A Pirate Looks at 40.

I'm very much like Elizabeth Swan and/or Anouk (in Chocolat) in my fascination with the romance and mystique of pirates. But the swashbuckling kind and not the "Captain Phillips'" kind of pirates.

And rum and coke was always my drink of choice when available even though rum gave me a frightful headache. I suppose I was allergic to it, but I toughed it out.

I'm very much like Elizabeth Swan and/or Anouk (in Chocolat) in my fascination with the romance and mystique of pirates. But the swashbuckling kind and not the "Captain Phillips'" kind of pirates.

And rum and coke was always my drink of choice when available even though rum gave me a frightful headache. I suppose I was allergic to it, but I toughed it out.

Did you know there were a handful of lady pirates?

In another life I might have chosen the same path as Anne Bonny. But I couldn't harm innocent people - I'd be the Robin Hood of Lady Pirates. Donating all my ill gotten gains to an Old Pirates home near the shores of a hidden cove on an uncharted isle. :)

Just been told by my family doctor that I have Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 3. Getting old is not for sissies.

Ha-ha, you just afraid concurrency from Russian girls :)

1f6f0d0a6b55ec2d5fe6f3862515f36d_.jpg

I think they're a hoot!! (In American talk, that is a good thing. :) ) When I was still young with a better thermostat I would have joined in that group in a heartbeat, but probably just long enough for the photo. Of course I had a body that could withstand photographing in a bathing suit then. Now, not so much. :)

Some of those ladies (in fact all but one) are a bit older ladies. :D

No way would I do that. Noooooo waaaaaay. I know what that kind of cold feels like with clothes ON, never mind almost naked! That would be almost painful. Lol!

th

A Pirate Looks at 40.

My aunt did one of those genealogy things and told me that we had an ancestor who was hung in New York for piracy.

Arrrrr! Shiver me timbers! :lol:

Some of those ladies (in fact all but one) are a bit older ladies. :D

No way would I do that. Noooooo waaaaaay. I know what that kind of cold feels like with clothes ON, never mind almost naked! That would be almost painful. Lol!

I'm pretty sure I'd look terrible in a bikini, so I wouldn't do it either. :p

A Pirate Looks at 40.

But I've done a bit of smugglin
I've run my share of grass
Made enough money to buy Miami
But I pissed it away so fast
Never meant to last
Never meant to last

For anyone who is not a fan, listen to this 40+ yr old album... Not a bad song amongst the eleven tunes...

Jimmy Buffett: A1A (Full Album) - YouTube

A Pirate Looks at 40.

But I've done a bit of smugglin
I've run my share of grass
Made enough money to buy Miami
But I pissed it away so fast
Never meant to last
Never meant to last

For anyone who is not a fan, listen to this 40+ yr old album... Not a bad song amongst the eleven tunes...

Jimmy Buffett: A1A (Full Album) - YouTube

Depends how you define things. ;)

Maybe not a bad song, but nothing I would consider especially good, either. :p Not my kind of music. :D

Seeing how there was only 12 minutes between my post and yours, I am assuming you didn't listen to these songs... And that's all right, because you are correct when you said it is not your kind of music... I listen to a whole shitload of music and enjoy such a wide variety because I try to keep an open mind... To each his own...

Seeing how there was only 12 minutes between my post and yours, I am assuming you didn't listen to these songs... And that's all right, because you are correct when you said it is not your kind of music... I listen to a whole shitload of music and enjoy such a wide variety because I try to keep an open mind... To each his own...

I've heard Buffett before, and I did quickly browse through the list. :) I don't hate his stuff, but don't particularly enjoy it, either.

Forum List

Back