USMB Coffee Shop IV

Deer whistles

51m0wEwIxLL._SL160_.jpg

Well that just goes to show that there is always something new to learn no matter how old we get. I have gone up with and around deer hunters all my life, have lived in places with abundant deer, and though I've never hit a deer, I am well acquainted with the hazards involved both for the deer and the vehicle that hits one. And during all that time I never heard of a deer whistle.

So Ridgerunner's link is pretty discouraging as to their effectiveness, but then again, if it works for Hossfly, you can't argue with success.

Deer can't whistle. Never heard one even carry a tune.

The best defense is to square up on them and stay in your lane.

I have been scanning youtube for music cd's so I can preview them before buying, and it seems I have already got the best of pink Floyd and Joni Mitchell. So I am going to check out other stuff. I might not even need to buy any more records, as they are mostly free to listen to online, and all I have to do is save the link to my favorites.

Found this amazing guitar piece on youtube.

I love accoustical guitar and I love this!! Our son plays and teaches classical guitar as well as being a professional piano player and teacher so of course that is among my favorite music. He is also a full time mechanical/petroleum engineer and owns/runs a private music studio for 80 kids so he is a busy fellow. He accompanies a semi-professional choral group who will be performing at Kennedy Center in New York in April.

Found this amazing guitar piece on youtube.

I love accoustical guitar and I love this!! Our son plays and teaches classical guitar as well as being a professional piano player and teacher so of course that is among my favorite music. He is also a full time mechanical/petroleum engineer and owns/runs a private music studio for 80 kids so he is a busy fellow. He accompanies a semi-professional choral group who will be performing at Kennedy Center in New York in April.

I used to play the classical guitar, but I only tried to perform to people once. I was so nervous my fingers would not work, and I fumbled a piece by Villa Lobos because it was too intricate. So I played a piece by Django Reinhardt and managed to get through it because it was slower and less intricate. But that ended my attempt at public performance.

Have shared up north entertainment. Thought I would share another.
Woke up to 9" of snow and went for a river run on a snowmobile.
20180225_103449.jpg 20180225_110810.jpg 20180225_110743.jpg
This is right from my home only 30 miles north of Mpls. The Rum river winds down to Anoka, Mn. Where it flows into Mississippi. Snowmobile parking in town so you can grab a bite to eat in old historical town.
20180225_113921.jpg 20180225_113911.jpg
Typical local trails just minutes from my house accessing over 21,000 miles of statewide trails. Ride right from my yard.
When the weather cooperates and trails are groomed of course.

Fun way to spend what would have been a boring Sunday.

View attachment 178956 View attachment 178957 View attachment 178958
This is right from my home only 30 miles north of Mpls. The Rum river winds down to Anoka, Mn. Where it flows into Mississippi. Snowmobile parking in town so you can grab a bite to eat in old historical town.
View attachment 178963 View attachment 178964
Typical local trails just minutes from my house accessing over 21,000 miles of statewide trails. Ride right from my yard.

Almost bought a house across from Anoka cty fair grounds right around there....got the elec snowthrower out and was cleaned up by about 1:30 after plow went by

View attachment 178956 View attachment 178957 View attachment 178958

Almost bought a house across from Anoka cty fair grounds right around there....got the elec snowthrower out and was cleaned up by about 1:30 after plow went by
That first pic is at fairgrounds.
Was a blast. First time I tried the river and I have lived north near St Francis over 20 years.

Just thought of this. Close to home north of Anoka is a bar called SRO that was featured on Bar Rescue.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Ax8QtwIIHjAA&usg=AOvVaw1e-Ewb55QsRe7bBVnjmnRO
They followed his advice for a while...now back to SRO again. :laugh:
Was a dive either way.
It is right by start of river run.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back