USMB Coffee Shop IV

I am concerned I may soon use up my monthly allowance of forty gig downloads. Here is another album.

No clue Dajjal since I don't down load them but just listen to them. However it is February 28 so do they inform you if you go over your limit? Use up whatever you have left. Tomorrow is a brand new month.

Last edited:
another guitar gem from youtube

Pretty good but not my favorite Chet Atkins.

My all time favorite accoustic guitarist - several songs on the recording. He wasn't a bad singer but he was a brilliant guitarist:

Foxy this guy I think is the best acoustic guitar player in the world. I saw him many times., and unfortuately he recently passed away. Doc Watson. Amazing sound and technique. :thup:

And I new song I've learned. This one is a bit tricky...It's in Eb....not a fun key for guitar and some difficult chord inversions and picking (at least for me). :) Hope you like.

Voyeur

My all time favorite accoustic guitarist - several songs on the recording. He wasn't a bad singer but he was a brilliant guitarist:

Foxy this guy I think is the best acoustic guitar player in the world. I saw him many times., and unfortuately he recently passed away. Doc Watson. Amazing sound and technique. :thup:

He is amazing. Definitely in the same league as the other greats. It is hard to judge who is best because we are comparing Doc's blue grass to the modern pop (of his day) Glen Campbell who was very different from the classical flavor of Mason William and Roy Clark who could do it all.

Here is a short guitar solo by Campbell who still amazes me: the first guitar solo starts about 1 minute into the clip and is followed by other excerpts from other concerts.

And there are few to compare with Roy Clark on the acoustic or steel guitar regardless of the genre of music.

For blues, I usually look for Eric Clapton:
Eric Clapton Amazing Blues Guitar Solo

Last edited:
And I new song I've learned. This one is a bit tricky...It's in Eb....not a fun key for guitar and some difficult chord inversions and picking (at least for me). :) Hope you like.

Voyeur

One of your better ones. Eb is actually one of my favorite keys for the piano and singing range. I never thought of it being a difficult one for guitar, but then I know three guitar chords. :)

Speaking of piano, I have scarcely touched one for 30+ years and recently inherited my sister's very fine digital piano until her daughter in Kentucky can retrieve it which may be never. So I have tentatively waded in to see if I can still play. A very humbling experience I might add--I can read the music but my fingers no longer wish to translate it into acceptable sound, at least to my standards. So I've ordered some beginning piano books to use until I can regain what little skill I had back then and that was marginal.

I can sympathize with Salieri, Mozart's nemesis in "Amadeus", who lamented and railed against God who gave him an overwhelming love and desire to compose great music but did not give him the talent to do it. His jealousy of Mozart would eventually do him in. So I am content to appreciate all you who can do it in lieu of being a performing artist myself. :)

Last edited:

Voyeur

One of your better ones. Eb is actually one of my favorite keys for the piano and singing range. I never thought of it being a difficult one for guitar, but then I know three guitar chords. :)

Speaking of piano, I have scarcely touched one for 30+ years and recently inherited my sister's very fine digital piano until her daughter in Kentucky can retrieve it which may be never. So I have tentatively waded in to see if I can still play. A very humbling experience I might add--I can read the music but my fingers no longer wish to translate it into acceptable sound. So I've ordered some beginning piano books to use until I can regain what little skill I had back then and that was marginal.

I can sympathize with Salieri, Mozart's nemesis in "Amadeus", who lamented and railed against God who gave him an overwhelming love and desire to create great music but didn't not give him the talent to do it. His jealousy of Mozart would eventually do him in. So I am content to appreciate all you who can do it in lieu of being a performing artist myself. :)

The guitar is basically tuned to Em so going down a half step to Eb gums everything up. :) Lots of twisted finger barre chords. My favorite keys to sing in are F, A and Ab and Eb. And yeah....I used to play piano years ago but I was never great at it. I could play half-assed versions of Elton John songs. :) I played piano for Sherry a few years ago and I don't think I embarrassed myself, but I am way out of practice.

I wish you enjoyment in your resumption of playing. My guess is it will come back to you quickly. And Amadeus is one of my stepson's and my favorite movies. I think many of us can relate to Salieri. Good but not great....at least at music.

Btw.....I heard this one the radio last night and it took me about 10 minutes to learn and record. Great song but not very difficult. The key is F.......Hope you like.

Day After Day

He is amazing. Definitely in the same league as the other greats. It is hard to judge who is best because we are comparing Doc's blue grass to the modern pop (of his day) Glen Campbell who was very different from the classical flavor of Mason William and Roy Clark who could do it all.

Here is a short guitar solo by Campbell who still amazes me: the first guitar solo starts about 1 minute into the clip and is followed by other excerpts from other concerts.

And there are few to compare with Roy Clark on the acoustic or steel guitar regardless of the genre of music.

For blues, I usually look for Eric Clapton:

Eric Clapton Amazing Blues Guitar Solo

Wow, I had no idea Glen Campbell was such a fine guitar player. Very, very talented. Roy Clark I knew.....he's from a little town called Meherrin about 50 miles from Richmond, Va where i grew up. And Clapton is one of my all time favorites. I had the opportunity to see him in Richmond many years ago and he was amazing. I don't think the guy missed a note the entire evening. Nice selection Foxy. :) :thup:

The skin wound doc for Mr. P is very pleased at how well his healing has progressed.
He went from several days a week, to once a week and now will go back to see him in 2 weeks. :)
I still have to put medication on the wounds, with pads over them every other day and wrap it with rolled gauze but he is coming along just fine now.

The skin wound doc for Mr. P is very pleased at how well his healing has progressed.
He went from several days a week, to once a week and now will go back to see him in 2 weeks. :)
I still have to put medication on the wounds, with pads over them every other day and wrap it with rolled gauze but he is coming along just fine now.

Good to hear!

Foxfyre, I think I can be off the vigil list. Although maybe I’ll need prayers more than ever going back to work tomorrow!

My Dr. said everything’s healing well, except I have one pocket of fluid that could probably be drained. For all the complications they were worried about, that’s nothing.

Foxfyre, I think I can be off the vigil list. Although maybe I’ll need prayers more than ever going back to work tomorrow!

My Dr. said everything’s healing well, except I have one pocket of fluid that could probably be drained. For all the complications they were worried about, that’s nothing.

Take it slow and easy till you can get back to your regular work routine. :)

Take it slow and easy till you can get back to your regular work routine. :)

I’m trying. It’s going to be harder, as I’m feeling quite a bit better.

Forum List

Back