USMB Coffee Shop IV

USMB Coffee Shop IV
※→

Not only is my knowledge of Biology (as a natural science) very poor; but my understanding and knowledge of Zoology (as it pertains to the study of animal life) is even worse. Normally, I would have passed this on bye; but it captured my interest...

(QUESTION)

What is this creature in the globe of Dandelion seeds?

Most Respectfully,
R

It's a mouse! :) Cute huh?

Most outdoor mice are pretty cute. The deer mice we had up on the mountain were absolutely adorable. I still didn't want them in my house though.

I love pretty much all animals, but I wouldn't want them living in my house either. I prefer humane ways of getting rid of them though. I feel bad for killing animals or causing them pain when they don't really know any better and are just trying to live.

Even Hitler used to feed the mice in his lodgings. I was not so kind when I lived in a bed sitter with mice. I used to catch them in a bucket and throw them out the front door, but I felt a bit of a meanie.

They were only trying to get warm! :lol: I would be totally freaked out if there was a mouse in my bed though, so I can see where that would leave you feeling a bit squeamish. :D

A few more items for today's zoology lesson:

--A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
--A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.
--A goldfish has a memory span of 3 seconds.
--A snail can sleep for 3 years
--An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain

Now aren't you glad you logged into the Coffee Shop today? :)

USMB Coffee Shop IV
※→

Not only is my knowledge of Biology (as a natural science) very poor; but my understanding and knowledge of Zoology (as it pertains to the study of animal life) is even worse. Normally, I would have passed this on bye; but it captured my interest...

(QUESTION)

What is this creature in the globe of Dandelion seeds?

Most Respectfully,
R

It's a mouse! :) Cute huh?

Most outdoor mice are pretty cute. The deer mice we had up on the mountain were absolutely adorable. I still didn't want them in my house though.

I love pretty much all animals, but I wouldn't want them living in my house either. I prefer humane ways of getting rid of them though. I feel bad for killing animals or causing them pain when they don't really know any better and are just trying to live.

Even Hitler used to feed the mice in his lodgings. I was not so kind when I lived in a bed sitter with mice. I used to catch them in a bucket and throw them out the front door, but I felt a bit of a meanie.

They were only trying to get warm! :lol: I would be totally freaked out if there was a mouse in my bed though, so I can see where that would leave you feeling a bit squeamish. :D

I found that picture of a mouse on twitter again, and it is a harvest mouse.

I have been in a mood all day, since I was woken up at 3am by downstairs new neighbours and they kept me awake until 8am talking. I am considering complaining as it happens every couple of weeks. They are a bloody nuisance.

DXOBgeAWkAAWddF.jpg

Its from a twitter account called. 'land of cuteness' I am on twitter as Dajjal and I have the same avatar there.
I have 299 followers and need one more to break the 300 barrier.

I don't use Twitter or Facebook. I stick to posting on forums like this instead. They are less intrusive. :)

I am miffed that I can't get more followers on twitter. most people have thousands. and some have millions
There is even someone with one hundred million followers.

Its from a twitter account called. 'land of cuteness' I am on twitter as Dajjal and I have the same avatar there.

I don't use Twitter or Facebook. I stick to posting on forums like this instead. They are less intrusive. :)

I am miffed that I can't get more followers on twitter. most people have thousands. and some have millions
There is even someone with one hundred million followers.

Yes, but that doesn't really mean anything in the real world, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)

Looks like my exercise/diet change regime is working, I'm down ten pounds. Took a couple of months but I expected that, it takes some time for the body to react to the changes add in the occasional slip back to eating potato chips and ultra high fat laden foods it's not bad. Just need to stick with it. :thup:

Looks like my exercise/diet change regime is working, I'm down ten pounds. Took a couple of months but I expected that, it takes some time for the body to react to the changes add in the occasional slip back to eating potato chips and ultra high fat laden foods it's not bad. Just need to stick with it. :thup:

I don't think it hurts to eat junk food once in a while though. You just don't want to do that every day.

A few more items for today's zoology lesson:

--A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
--A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.
--A goldfish has a memory span of 3 seconds.
--A snail can sleep for 3 years
--An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain

Now aren't you glad you logged into the Coffee Shop today? :)

Yes, but all our goldfish forgot this already and the snails never woke up. I feel an ear cramp coming.

I'm already following you so can't follow you again. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I have any followers or, if I do, the number is probably single digits. Most of the people I follow are politicians or well known personalities and it is those folks who get many thousands of followers. People like me posting on Twitter is like being completely alone and shouting into the empty canyon. So I rarely post. But I do read in fairly often.

I'm already following you so can't follow you again. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I have any followers or, if I do, the number is probably single digits. Most of the people I follow are politicians or well known personalities and it is those folks who get many thousands of followers. People like me posting on Twitter is like being completely alone and shouting into the empty canyon. So I rarely post. But I do read in fairly often.

Message boards are more intimate, that is for sure. Twitter and FB are too big.

The only friends I have on Facebook though are family--we have a LOT of family scattered all over the country--and friends and colleagues from over the years also scattered all over the country and abroad, so it's mostly just one big happy family on FB. We set our friend categories and news feed to optimize the posts we see, so we keep up with those we care about pretty well. There are a few extraneous 'friends' on the list--politicians and some game friends we took on when we first joined years ago and such--but most of the posts we see are folks we know and care about.

The only friends I have on Facebook though are family--we have a LOT of family scattered all over the country--and friends and colleagues from over the years also scattered all over the country and abroad, so it's mostly just one big happy family on FB. We set our friend categories and news feed to optimize the posts we see, so we keep up with those we care about pretty well. There are a few extraneous 'friends' on the list--politicians and some game friends we took on when we first joined years ago and such--but most of the posts we see are folks we know and care about.

I took a long time before I used Facebook, and in the end, it started as a way to get in touch with an old friend I hadn't heard from in many years. I have family and acquaintances I am not friends with because I don't really speak to them IRL, and don't feel a need to just add people to my Facebook friends list for the sake of it. I mostly use it to keep some degree of contact with people who I don't live near, which is almost everyone I know. :lol:

It's also been great for talking about fantasy football with a group of friends that have been doing that for more than a decade; sadly, it looks like this past year was probably the last one we'll be doing our FF league. :(

Awww. That is so cute. :)

I took a long time before I used Facebook, and in the end, it started as a way to get in touch with an old friend I hadn't heard from in many years. I have family and acquaintances I am not friends with because I don't really speak to them IRL, and don't feel a need to just add people to my Facebook friends list for the sake of it. I mostly use it to keep some degree of contact with people who I don't live near, which is almost everyone I know. :lol:

It's also been great for talking about fantasy football with a group of friends that have been doing that for more than a decade; sadly, it looks like this past year was probably the last one we'll be doing our FF league. :(

Well if you are high and dry come fall and need a league, there would likely be room in ours. It isn't a very chatty league though--not what you would call a very social group--but we'll see how it goes. No guarantee ours will re-up this fall either.

Or I wonder if there would be sufficient interest to have a Coffee Shop League? I need somebody more savvy than me to set it up though.

Well if you are high and dry come fall and need a league, there would likely be room in ours. It isn't a very chatty league though--not what you would call a very social group--but we'll see how it goes. No guarantee ours will re-up this fall either.

Or I wonder if there would be sufficient interest to have a Coffee Shop League? I need somebody more savvy than me to set it up though.

While I will almost certainly be involved in multiple FF leagues, I would always be more than happy to join another should you need someone. I certainly appreciate the offer.

I have a couple of other FF leagues I do with friends, but by far the oldest of them, made up almost entirely of older, closer friends, is the one likely to be ending. I have another league with friends I've been doing for a few years now, as well as a league made by someone I met through a different political message board quite a few years ago, and that league has been going on for quite a while. I also usually end up joining at least 1 or 2 random leagues with strangers.

There has been a USMB league in at least 2 different years that I've been in. It's been hit or miss with that; getting enough people interested, keeping interest throughout the season, etc. I'd love to do a Coffee Shop league, but I don't think we have enough NFL fans, let alone fantasy football fans, for that, do we?

Since we're talking football in the Coffee Shop:
49erscoast.jpg

Forum List

Back