National Caramel Popcorn Day
National Kids Yoga Day
National Student Athlete Day
National Tartan Day
National Walk to Work Day
New Beers Eve
Sorry Charlie Day
Teflon Day

A shirttail cousin who lives in L.A. suggested we could combine numbers 2, 3, and 4. And I think we could combine numbers 7, 9, and 10.

SFC Ollie informed me that Army Day is the day the USA got into WWI, something I didn't know.

And Teflon Day is remembered as an 'oops' at Dupont when an engineer trying to develop a new refrigerant wound up with that slippery stuff that has had a lot of uses, refrigeration not being one of them.

I admit to having a weakness for Twinkies and caramal corn.

Last edited:
The links don't work for an on line poll that I never participate in because so many infect with malware. But I thought the choices interesting as this has been a point of discussion in our family for many years.

29598120_2027171450690220_3440227412330172585_n.jpg

By the way, both Hombre and I are a #4.
I'm #5, nice and crispy but not yet charcoal.

I dunno. According to the "Georgia Weekly Post" in Marietta, Georgia, this is the fashion trend for guys. What do you think? Is this Montrovant???? Or any of our Coffee Shop guys???? (I will say there is no way in hell I would get Hombre into one of these outfits unless he was dead, and then he would surely come back and haunt me.)

29026134_2021876074734234_1043766444082331648_n.jpg
I could never figure out why anyone in their right mind would want to wear high heels.

Trying my hand at some other jewelry projects, here's my first two attempts.

View attachment 186340

I would wear either one though I prefer a heavier chain.
The one on the left is mostly all base metal so would still be inexpensive, the one on the right however would triple in price with a heavier chain as (other than the stone) it's all sterling silver.
Proving that Foxy is a classy gal who knows value.

Trying my hand at some other jewelry projects, here's my first two attempts.

View attachment 186340

I would wear either one though I prefer a heavier chain.
The one on the left is mostly all base metal so would still be inexpensive, the one on the right however would triple in price with a heavier chain as (other than the stone) it's all sterling silver.
Proving that Foxy is a classy gal who knows value.

Blush. I probably do know value on a lot of this stuff because I've had to price so much of it out, but I don't necessarily go for the most expensive things as my preference even if I had the money.

I dunno. According to the "Georgia Weekly Post" in Marietta, Georgia, this is the fashion trend for guys. What do you think? Is this Montrovant???? Or any of our Coffee Shop guys???? (I will say there is no way in hell I would get Hombre into one of these outfits unless he was dead, and then he would surely come back and haunt me.)

29026134_2021876074734234_1043766444082331648_n.jpg
I could never figure out why anyone in their right mind would want to wear high heels.

Yet a lot of the gals in my generation including me wore them for a lot of years to church, to work, to special occasions. I am sooooo happy to live in a part of the country that just doesn't as a general rule.

The links don't work for an on line poll that I never participate in because so many infect with malware. But I thought the choices interesting as this has been a point of discussion in our family for many years.

29598120_2027171450690220_3440227412330172585_n.jpg

By the way, both Hombre and I are a #4.
I'm #5, nice and crispy but not yet charcoal.

You would love Hombre's bacon cooking then. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo

And we keep the porch light on for all our friends who haven't been here for awhile and we await their return.

th
021-a.jpg
Beer-stock-photo.jpg

Tis the season in Hawaii... I never would have dreamed I would enjoy and find Hula Dancing as interesting as I do... I suppose maybe seeing how my first wife (who I live with now) danced during her formative and teen years along with her sisters... Of coarse all the nieces and even my daughter had Hula lessons when they were young... If anyone is interested there are plenty of videos on YouTube...
Its a dirty job having to live here... but I am just the guy to do it... :bye1:

Merrie Monarch Festival

The Merrie Monarch Festival is a week-long cultural festival that takes place annually in Hilo, Hawaii during the week after Easter. It honors King David Kalākaua, who was called the "Merrie Monarch" for his patronage of the arts and is credited with restoring many Hawaiian cultural traditions during his reign, including the hula. Many hālau hula, including some from the U.S. mainland and some international performers, attend the festival each year to participate in exhibitions and competitions.

Merrie Monarch Festival - Wikipedia

Tis the season in Hawaii... I never would have dreamed I would enjoy and find Hula Dancing as interesting as I do... I suppose maybe seeing how my first wife (who I live with now) danced during her formative and teen years along with her sisters... Of coarse all the nieces and even my daughter had Hula lessons when they were young... If anyone is interested there are plenty of videos on YouTube...
Its a dirty job having to live here... but I am just the guy to do it... :bye1:

Merrie Monarch Festival

The Merrie Monarch Festival is a week-long cultural festival that takes place annually in Hilo, Hawaii during the week after Easter. It honors King David Kalākaua, who was called the "Merrie Monarch" for his patronage of the arts and is credited with restoring many Hawaiian cultural traditions during his reign, including the hula. Many hālau hula, including some from the U.S. mainland and some international performers, attend the festival each year to participate in exhibitions and competitions.

Merrie Monarch Festival - Wikipedia

How interesting! When I first glanced at your post, I immediately thought you were talking about the monarch butterflies that over winter in the Monterey Bay area in California.

I love regional histories though. Have you read Michenor's Hawaii? One of my favorites of his books. The bulk of it is the story of missionaries who attempted to convert and 'civilize' the native Hawaiians which of course was a bit before King Kalakaua's reign but was in the same century.

I really don't like the grading in this coding class! I just submitted my latest quiz, and the immediate grade was a C, 15.9/20. However, there are 2.1 points ungraded because they are write in answers rather than multiple choice or codes, and I'm almost certain I got those correct, so that puts me up to 18/20. Then there is another question in which the code the program asked for is an invalid one; the code requires a 7th character, and I entered what appears to be the correct one, but the program only wanted the first 5 characters. That should give me another 0.6 points, so 18.6/20. Then on yet another question, I feel pretty good that the code I gave was better than the one the quiz was looking for. If I'm right there, that would put me up to 19.6/20.

In other words, after submitting what should be an A quiz, the first thing I saw was a C. I wish the site were set up so that it only showed scores for those questions that the program can actually grade, rather than marking the write-in answers as incorrect and making me anxious. :08621:

I really don't like the grading in this coding class! I just submitted my latest quiz, and the immediate grade was a C, 15.9/20. However, there are 2.1 points ungraded because they are write in answers rather than multiple choice or codes, and I'm almost certain I got those correct, so that puts me up to 18/20. Then there is another question in which the code the program asked for is an invalid one; the code requires a 7th character, and I entered what appears to be the correct one, but the program only wanted the first 5 characters. That should give me another 0.6 points, so 18.6/20. Then on yet another question, I feel pretty good that the code I gave was better than the one the quiz was looking for. If I'm right there, that would put me up to 19.6/20.

In other words, after submitting what should be an A quiz, the first thing I saw was a C. I wish the site were set up so that it only showed scores for those questions that the program can actually grade, rather than marking the write-in answers as incorrect and making me anxious. :08621:

01001000 01101111 01110000 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100110 01101001 01101110 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100111 01110010 01100001 01100100 01100101 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110100 00100000 01110011 01101111 01101111 01101110

Why do they do that? That would annoy the heck out of me too.

Tomatoes are good on the grill, so far bananas and strawberries not so much. Maybe more tin foil?

Forum List

Back