USMB Coffee Shop IV

It's late

mmm. should I have a cup of coffee and go to bed or just go to bed..

Yup, it's a quandary..

And good morning everybody. It is a beautiful bright blue morning in New Mexico and we'll probably see low 80's at least in parts of the city today. (Albuquerque has three different climates--the bosque along the river, the foothills next to the mountain, and all of us in the middle usually experience somewhat different weather, ergo three different weather reports. It is roughly 1,800 feet from the lowest elevation to the highest.) Unfortunately we remain in severe drought conditions and almost continuous red flag (danger of fire) status.

Good morning. For my daughter's birthday, we are getting matching tattoos. This will be her 6th or 7th, and my first. I am absolutely petrified.

Have a good day.

I never wanted a tattoo and am not a tattoo person, but some of my favorite people in real life, here in the Coffee Shop, in my family have them. And it seems that once you get one, you want more and more. I don't pretend to understand it but it must not be so bad getting one so be prepared. :)

I never got a tattoo in spite of peer pressure to get one by workmates.,when I was 19 and worked in a factory.
When you are 19 you will do dumb things like that, but one of my workmates got an infected tattoo on his arm and he finally went to the doctors who told him if he had waited any longer he would have had to have his arm amputated. That put me off if nothing else did.

That would, yes. We did serious research and went to a highly reputable artist, and i am following instructions to the letter. This was my daughter's eighth, and she's never had an infection.

Truth Is, I was just scared of getting a needle stuck in me a thousand times
Me too. :)

The only tattoo I ever had done was when I was 18, Navy A school in San Diego. It was a weekend and we were imbibing a little heavier than usual.......

The one I have is similar to this only without the flag;

7e7eb956263791de6b7b067803144aea.jpg

Sheesh .. missed her by I...I that much.. Love Ya Mama Fox ...(or is it Fox Mama) ... mmm

Aw thanks Sweetie. It's always happiness to see that Lumpy dropped by the Coffee Shop. You should do that a lot more often. :)

Well, it's not like I don't love y'all, I recommend the Coffee Shop to USMB warm hearted members I run across quite often but

I tend to fade in and out of posting nowadays, sometimes I don't post for weeks or months.

I almost got a little red devil tattoo in the younger years but by the time they got around to turning my skin into hamburger, I'd sobered up..

Yesterday I transplanted my moms Iris's and the day before that planted a rose brush and cosmos flowers. I've never gardened before so I'm hoping I do it right.

I was tempted to plant some other seeds but want to stay out of jail. :lol:

Good morning. For my daughter's birthday, we are getting matching tattoos. This will be her 6th or 7th, and my first. I am absolutely petrified.

Have a good day.

I never wanted a tattoo and am not a tattoo person, but some of my favorite people in real life, here in the Coffee Shop, in my family have them. And it seems that once you get one, you want more and more. I don't pretend to understand it but it must not be so bad getting one so be prepared. :)

I never got a tattoo in spite of peer pressure to get one by workmates.,when I was 19 and worked in a factory.
When you are 19 you will do dumb things like that, but one of my workmates got an infected tattoo on his arm and he finally went to the doctors who told him if he had waited any longer he would have had to have his arm amputated. That put me off if nothing else did.
The troops overseas give each other tattoos. My SIL has some pretty ugly artwork, but it's some kind of bonding experience. I'm glad we didn't bond that way when I was in service!

Yesterday I transplanted my moms Iris's and the day before that planted a rose brush and cosmos flowers. I've never gardened before so I'm hoping I do it right.

Small seed to huge plant, still amazes me, I'm one of those rare tall skinny hobbits I'm thinkin...

A friend of mine has offered me a dog. She is a small 5 year old yorkie..that is preggers. The father is another yorkie. I cannot have her until she has the pups and weans them. The pups will be sold for 500 bucks each and the owner cannot keep the mother because her other dog tries to attack mama. Her name is Lucy. I met her today. She is robotic. Not shy, but not outgoing either. She seems...lost. The history of this dog is, she was kept outside but let in "once in awhile". Her main usage was to pop out puppies. She was not shown love, nor knows what it even means. Like I said..she is robotic. She comes when you call...with her head down. She does not flinch when you pick her up. She does not move once picked up. She will not look you in the face. She does not bark. She does not wag her little tail. She is a robot. Like, "ok. I am doing as requested. What do you want now of me?".
It depressed me seeing this. I can't say she is a sweet dog because I don't know. She didn't run from me. She didn't cringe. She just stood there and waited for a command then did as requested.
"Come here, Lucy". She came.
"Oh Lucy, you are so pretty".
Head down. No emotion whatsoever. It broke my heart.
The current owner got her a month ago when she was in heat and her little yorkie male got to her before she could take her in to be spayed. I think she deliberately let it happen because again, poor little lucy is going to have puppies...which has been her whole life her duty to do. But afterwards...she is to be shipped off again because one of the other dogs keeps picking on her. Hence...her being offered to me.
She is not house trained. Which is a problem. So my question is...how hard is it to train a robotic older dog to pee in a litter box? I have no doggie door. And..should I even give this poor dog a chance of a life with someone that can love her or is it too late for Lucy? Plus, the guy we live with...we are responsible for our room...that is carpeted.
Lots for me to think about. But..I still grieve for Karma. I still ache and hurt and cry for her. I think this is why I have been down in the dumps so long this last bout of depression. Karma. I miss her so much.
So is getting Lucy going to be a detriment to me...or worse...to her? I just feel so bad for her. But I also don't want to be homeless again if I can't train her to go in a potty box.

A friend of mine has offered me a dog. She is a small 5 year old yorkie..that is preggers. The father is another yorkie. I cannot have her until she has the pups and weans them. The pups will be sold for 500 bucks each and the owner cannot keep the mother because her other dog tries to attack mama. Her name is Lucy. I met her today. She is robotic. Not shy, but not outgoing either. She seems...lost. The history of this dog is, she was kept outside but let in "once in awhile". Her main usage was to pop out puppies. She was not shown love, nor knows what it even means. Like I said..she is robotic. She comes when you call...with her head down. She does not flinch when you pick her up. She does not move once picked up. She will not look you in the face. She does not bark. She does not wag her little tail. She is a robot. Like, "ok. I am doing as requested. What do you want now of me?".
It depressed me seeing this. I can't say she is a sweet dog because I don't know. She didn't run from me. She didn't cringe. She just stood there and waited for a command then did as requested.
The current owner got her a month ago when she was in heat and her little yorkie male got to her before she could take her in to be spayed. I think she deliberately let it happen because again, poor little lucy is going to have puppies...which has been her whole life her duty to do. But afterwards...she is to be shipped off again because one of the other dogs keeps picking on her. Hence...her being offered to me.
She is not house trained. Which is a problem. So my question is...how hard is it to train a robotic older dog to pee in a litter box? I have no doggie door. And..should I even give this poor dog a chance of a life with someone that can love her or is it too late for Lucy? Plus, the guy we live with...we are responsible for our room...that is carpeted.
Lots for me to think about. But..I still grieve for Karma. I still ache and hurt and cry for her. I think this is why I have been down in the dumps so long this last bout of depression. Karma. I miss her so much.
So is getting Lucy going to be a detriment to me...or worse...to her? I just feel so bad for her. But I also don't want to be homeless again if I can't train her to go in a potty box.

Short version .. you've already made the decision and you're hooked.

Quit the stress, get a roomy cage which includes room for a poop/peeing pad and take the little squirt on frequent healthy walks. mmm .. then there's the other stuff..

Well, that's what I think..:alcoholic:

.. and Hello Gracie Darlin... :smiliehug:

You probably did fine. I love to garden, but these days it just isn't in the cards for me.

My cousin Sandy, RIP, adopted a Shi Tzu who was just as you are describing this Yorkie. She had been used as a breeding machine and when Sandy got her she was withdrawn, non responsive, not well house broken, yadda yadda. But within a year she was a member of the family, loving, playful, personality plus. And that didn't change when my cousin suddenly died and my aunt took the dog.

The potty training is a bit dicier. Yorkies, like the Shi Tzu and also the mini doxies, tend to be pretty stubborn when it comes to that, but can be taught with persistence and training. You have to take them out periodically and watch them. But they also do small 'jobs' and Resolve (the carpet spot cleaner) and paper towels take care of any accidents nicely.

Gracie, my current "companion" dog is a pug-rat terrier mix whose history appears to have been much the same as this Yorkie. Penny is still shy, but not like she was. The foster organization was so pleased that someone wanted this dejected,"robotic" dog that they let me go without the usual home visit. While she's still shy around strangers, she gets so excited and animated when I come to her, she's comical. She's even started bark-howling "IROVU" when I pick her up at the doggie sitter. She's quiet, not "barky" gets on very well with the cats, and I did manage to get her to tell me, although subtly, when she needs to go out. Also, piddle-pads work better for small dogs than boxes. My old doxie used the pee training pads and hated boxes. You may be the best thing that has ever happened to this poor, small, scrap of a dog that's been forced into an unpleasant life. Lucy probably has the best chance ever with you, you have so much to give!

I am much better today thanks to; down time, relaxing , muscle pain reliever rubs and heat massage mat for 5 days and Mr. P's ever loving care. :)
You can take me off the list Foxfyre. :)

It's been really windy here with many dust devils.
We get them really bad like this it seems ,about every four years or so.
They are so big across the base that it's almost like a mini twister.

I will get Lucy on Friday for a one on one visit for a few hours and I will see how things go. I will use a piddle pad IF I get her permanently. I still have some months to go before anything is final but until then...at least we can get to know one another better.

Forum List

Back