USMB Coffee Shop IV

Welcome to the Coffee Shop Witchit. I believe this is your first visit but we hope you find this the friendly, fun, supportive refuge from the sometimes general forum craziness out there that that many others of us have found it to be. I love it when folks jump right in and become part of the family here.

And you are entitled to a first timers complimentary beverage. Take your pick:

20170526_185929.jpg

It's Friday. Can't I just have them all? :D

And thank you.

Absolutely. :)

Good morning. For my daughter's birthday, we are getting matching tattoos. This will be her 6th or 7th, and my first. I am absolutely petrified.

Have a good day.

My employer's family got some matching tattoos recently, relating to the work they are all involved in.

I don't have any tattoos myself, but I do have permanent self-induced scarring. ;)

Good morning. For my daughter's birthday, we are getting matching tattoos. This will be her 6th or 7th, and my first. I am absolutely petrified.

Have a good day.

What kind of matching ?

We both write. We’re getting watercolor hearts with a semi-colon top right of the heart, the bottom half of a steampunk quill pen for the bottom left of the heart, and inside will say “Once Upon a Time ...”

For those who don’t know, the semi-colon represents “more to come,” i.e., I’m not done yet, for those who considered not continuing.

Have a good day.

What kind of matching ?

We both write. We’re getting watercolor hearts with a semi-colon top right of the heart, the bottom half of a steampunk quill pen for the bottom left of the heart, and inside will say “Once Upon a Time ...”

For those who don’t know, the semi-colon represents “more to come,” i.e., I’m not done yet, for those who considered not continuing.

What makes a quill pen into a steampunk quill pen? Does it have some sort of gears on it? :)

I would like to know too Montro though steampunk is a specific thing probably most commonly used as a quilting term. In that genre, the definition would be: a style of design and fashion that combines historical elements with anachronistic (i.e. appears old fashioned) technological features inspired by science fiction.

Last edited:

Have a good day.

What kind of matching ?

What makes a quill pen into a steampunk quill pen? Does it have some sort of gears on it? :)

Yes. It’s hard to explain, but if you Googled images “steampunk quill pen,” you’d likely find it.

We’re here. OMG.

Have a good day.

I never wanted a tattoo and am not a tattoo person, but some of my favorite people in real life, here in the Coffee Shop, in my family have them. And it seems that once you get one, you want more and more. I don't pretend to understand it but it must not be so bad getting one so be prepared. :)

40+ years ago I found myself standing outside a tattoo parlor in Frankfurt, Germany across the strasse from "shit park"... I won't bore you with the details of "shit park"...
I had rode the train to Frankfurt to get a tattoo of the "Zig Zag Man"...

Tat parlor was closed... Still don't have a tattoo...

I would like to know too Montro though steampunk is a specific thing probably most commonly used as a quilting term. In that genre, the definition would be: a style of design and fashion that combines historical elements with anachronistic (i.e. appears old fashioned) technological features inspired by science fiction.

Wait, steampunk is a quilting term?

Yep. :)

img207-766419.jpg
be62d9c1e3c1b53e83c5945b97e377eb.jpg

And even this is considered a steampunk pattern:
f4bc01a3c161c57a12cff4426e67117d.jpg

img207-766419.jpg

Yeah, but does that mean it is a quilting term, or just that some people incorporate steampunk into quilting?

You could quilt something with a bunch of medieval, fantasy-style weapons and characters on it, but that wouldn't make fantasy a quilting term, would it?

img207-766419.jpg

Yeah, but does that mean it is a quilting term, or just that some people incorporate steampunk into quilting?

You could quilt something with a bunch of medieval, fantasy-style weapons and characters on it, but that wouldn't make fantasy a quilting term, would it?

It depends on how you look at it I think. A lot of things are various industry terms but have application in many other things. So yes, steampunk is a quilting term when you're referring to quilting patterns and designs, it is a quill pen term when applied to that, is a fashion term when applied to that, etc. Steampunk is a general descriptive term that could be applied to many/most things.

I just happened to become familiar with the genre in discussions with quilters. :)

Just made another saver, Ham steak with apples.

One large ham steak
3 med apples (I used golden delicious)
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp brown mustard
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp Worcestershire
1/4 cup packed brown sugar (I didn't pack mine)

Over medium low heat melt in skillet, add brown sugar and mustard and cook until blended
Add diced apples, mustard and Worcestershire, cook for approximately five minutes until apples are tender
Remove apple mixture (move to the sides of the skillet if there's enough room), add ham steak, cook on one side for 2 - 3 minutes then turn over and cover with apple mixture till done (approximately 3 more minutes).

Forum List

Back