USMB Coffee Shop IV

And on this day in history, July 17 in. . . .

1821 - Spain ceded Florida to the U.S. It has worked out pretty well for us.

1868 - Alvin J. Fellows patented the tape measure. It was a slow year at the Patent Office that year?

1918 - Longest errorless game, Cubs beat Phillies 2-1 in 21 innings. Being one who finds pro baseball rather boring, that would have been well - tedious.

1934 - Babe Ruth draws his 2,000th base on balls at Cleveland. Imagine how many home runs he would have hit if they had pitched to him?

1941 - The longest hitting streak in baseball history ended when the Cleveland Indians pitchers held New York Yankee Joe DiMaggio hitless for the first time in 57 games. I presume they were pitching to him?

1946 - Dr. Benjamin Spock’s "The Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care" was first published. And many years later a whole generation of us raised our kids with confidence using that book as our textbook. :)

1955 Disneyland opens its doors in rural Orange County. How many of us have been there?

Dagwood_Sandwich_20070417.png

:lol:

I up yer ante:

slide_316966_2910048_free.jpg

:D
:lol:

Flowers all planted and well-watered. Will water them again about 1800 and then again in the morning. After that, they are on their own... or in Mrs. BBD's care unless she tells me to water them. We all know how ladies can be. Taco is in my recliner and it looks like he wants company so see you all later on.

Off to the dentist today to get a back tooth filled. Then...I get to water the back yard and the front yard as well. It was 90 yesterday. Ack! Feels 70's right now but we have a nice cool breeze. Hope it stays all day!

And on this day in history, July 17 in. . . .

1821 - Spain ceded Florida to the U.S. It has worked out pretty well for us.

1868 - Alvin J. Fellows patented the tape measure. It was a slow year at the Patent Office that year?

1918 - Longest errorless game, Cubs beat Phillies 2-1 in 21 innings. Being one who finds pro baseball rather boring, that would have been well - tedious.

1934 - Babe Ruth draws his 2,000th base on balls at Cleveland. Imagine how many home runs he would have hit if they had pitched to him?

1941 - The longest hitting streak in baseball history ended when the Cleveland Indians pitchers held New York Yankee Joe DiMaggio hitless for the first time in 57 games. I presume they were pitching to him?

1946 - Dr. Benjamin Spock’s "The Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care" was first published. And many years later a whole generation of us raised our kids with confidence using that book as our textbook. :)

1955 Disneyland opens its doors in rural Orange County. How many of us have been there?

Yeah, we know...... :evil:

Yesterday after running errands and keeping appointments the wife and I broke down and finally gave the Black Bear Diner a shot. Absolutely awesome, but somewhat expensive, the portions were huge though. :thup
We brought home their signature Blackberry Bear Claw, damn thing was as big as a bear's paw!!!
It was gooooood though it did take two days to eat!

Flowers all planted and well-watered. Will water them again about 1800 and then again in the morning. After that, they are on their own... or in Mrs. BBD's care unless she tells me to water them. We all know how ladies can be. Taco is in my recliner and it looks like he wants company so see you all later on.
Uuummmmm, 1800 has already come and gone..... It's 2014 now....... I think you need to check on those flowers.... STAT!!

I take Mrs. Bloods Altima to get it serviced and inspected. There are no warning lights on. Guy starts it up takes it into the service bay comes in the waiting room and tells me I have a check engine light and it can't be inspected until I replace a sensor. I'm thinking WTF. NEVER had a warning light and the moment I want to get it inspected all of a sudden I need a sensor that costs $285 bucks. What are the odds?

BTDT!

Been taking Mrs Te's Mazda MPV to the same dealership for years when she comes home and tells me that they recommended that the brake pads needed to be replaced all round. So I take it back to the dealership and ask the service manager who checked the brakes and made this recommendation. He says it is a new guy who has only been with the place a couple of weeks. I ask him to put it back on the lift and check the pads again. Nothing wrong with them which I already knew since I had replaced them myself about 3 months earlier. The new guy wasn't around very much longer.

If I have to take the car in myself, I let them give me their recommendation then tell them I have to call my boyfriend. I go back to the lobby and talk to him kind of in front of everyone and ask him what he thinks. I start asking them questions and it never fails, they come up with alternatives that are less expensive, always.

I don't even keep track of the number of times people stop in here and want the warning lights turned off and no repair done. Also, the number of people who tell me nothing is wrong with their trade in, when obvious problems are found. Not trying to excuse shops that are looking for quick money. One way to tell is if they offer an oil change under $25. You can only make money on one of those if you find something else to fix.

Morning !
Have a Great Wednesday!!!!!!!!

I love Balloon Art :)

amazing-balloon-art-1.jpg

His hat looks like a blackberry, the fruit. :)

the blackberries are out and the woods around us are loaded with them. last sunday i picked about 8 quarts and didn't even make a dent in the bushes that border our property. the only thing is when they are producing fruit, it brings the bears out. When I came home last night there were two in the road. when I was walking to the bus this morning there was one trashing the neighbors garbage. he was so busy he never even noticed me walking out of the driveway.

Good grief. What some of you don't find walking out your door in the morning.. One had a picture of a big snake on his porch the other day.

Well, I'm not doing well. Got the doctor to take off the cast and I'm wearing a boot but I can't even take my first step, it hurts too much. I'm suppose to wear this boot in bed for the next 3 nights too. At least I can take it off and scratch...but man, it hurts. I'm beginning to think I'll never walk again. (Yeah, I know I'm being dramatic but right now, if you asked me if I wanted a bone spur removed, the answer would be the complete opposite of what it was 6 weeks ago.)

His hat looks like a blackberry, the fruit. :)

the blackberries are out and the woods around us are loaded with them. last sunday i picked about 8 quarts and didn't even make a dent in the bushes that border our property. the only thing is when they are producing fruit, it brings the bears out. When I came home last night there were two in the road. when I was walking to the bus this morning there was one trashing the neighbors garbage. he was so busy he never even noticed me walking out of the driveway.

Good grief. What some of you don't find walking out your door in the morning.. One had a picture of a big snake on his porch the other day.

I've got both blackberries and snakes. :D
No sign of bear just yet though...

Forum List

Back