USMB Coffee Shop IV

I had a guest from Holland (The Netherlands) visit me at the end of May.....she brought me a cute little pair of wooden shoes packaged in a plastic bag. I just set the package on my baker's rack and almost forgot about them. I noticed them just the other day and decided to put them into one of my Etageres to keep them from getting dusty. As I was looking at the package I noticed the package said "made in China". I was so disappointed...I thought I had something from Holland.....C'est la vie.....:D

I have real wood shoes from Japan, made by hand in Japan, given to me by an acquaintance when I was in Japan in 2001, shortly after 911.

Those shoes are very small; I have given them to my daughter. She loves them!

I thought surely they still made them in Holland....after all, that is one of the things they are known for.....:(

I think there is a difference between what you get in the tourist shops and what you get in the shops Dutch people go to. That is, I think you can buy real wooden shoes, to wear, in Holland nowadays, you just need to know where to go. The stuff in tourist shops all over the world could come from anywhere in the world: it's the global economy thing.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
Ollie, Mrs O and family in the loss of their Angie,
Bloodrock's father-in-law in Germany,
BBD,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I take Mrs. Bloods Altima to get it serviced and inspected. There are no warning lights on. Guy starts it up takes it into the service bay comes in the waiting room and tells me I have a check engine light and it can't be inspected until I replace a sensor. I'm thinking WTF. NEVER had a warning light and the moment I want to get it inspected all of a sudden I need a sensor that costs $285 bucks. What are the odds?
Don't fall for it, Bloodrock. Get a scanner and see if you really have a faulty sensor. Mrs. Jughead used to have similar issues when taking my truck, or hers to the service station. I finally decided to invest in a scanner, so when I have issues like check engine light, rough idle, lack of power ... I just connect the scanner and diagnose the problem myself before even taking the vehicle to my mechanic. One time after I did a tune up on my vehicle, I noticed that the truck would stall intermittently as I was slowing down. I hooked up the scanner and got a code that one of the spark plugs was not connected. I checked, and sure enough I had forgotten to tighten one of the spark plugs ... :D. I still routinely hookup my scanner to make sure I have no codes on either vehicle.

Agreed! I have one of the scanners that I physically hook up to my laptop. The latest ones are bluetooth enabled. It is even possible to reset the codes from the laptop once you have fixed the problem. I bought it for the Mazda since the engine was the 3L Ford 6 cyl that was constantly burning out coils. It cost around $200 for the dealership to fix just one of them. With the scanner and buying the coils via the internet I saved myself around $1000 for just that one problem area.

Evening Stat, hello everyone. Hope all is well!

Went to class tonight, Tracy is looking and sounding much better. She was rather bouncy tonight which is good to see. It was like she had never been sick.
Still keep her on the list until she starts to train regularly again, though, thanks Foxy. Hopefully she will start up again next week, but we will see.

Afternoon all. This morning was a personal best at the gym after work. 1km jog on the treadmill, 1k on the cross trainer, 12 chest presses at 20kg each, 20 pulls on the low rower at 35kg, 20 leg presses at 50kg each, 20 stomach crunches at 15kg each, 20 moves on the abductor at 40kg each, and a fast run on the treadmill for 3 minutes at 10kph. Up from my usual 9.5kph.

Needless to say my legs are like jelly and I need to rest, lol.

Hope everyone is having an awesome day!

Argh......just reading your post made me tired.:eek:

My legs are feeling it now, lol.

And, today's coffee funnies:

toon-1224.gif

coffee-shirt-300x168.png

And, in honor of "Thor's Day"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5bbu6NPRvU

Ladies and Gentlemen, let the Thor-jokes commence!!!
Thor, Norse god of thunder, was depressed in Valhalla. He had never known the thrills of carnal love. So he decided to visit mortal earth and find himself a woman. He consulted Oden. "If you make love to a mortal woman," Oden counseled "you will ruin her for mortal man. This seems hardly fair, Thor."

Ignoring Oden's advice, Thor went to earth and found a comely young lass in the far reaches of Sweden. She fell for him on sight, being a god and all. After a zesty night of love making, Thor arose to leave. He saw in her eyes that she never wanted him to go. Recalling Oden's advice, Thor thought it best that he come clean, so to speak, with her.

"I have to tell you. I'm Thor" he confessed.

"You're Thor?!?" answered the girl. "I can hardly thand up!"

And, today's coffee funnies:

toon-1224.gif

coffee-shirt-300x168.png

And, in honor of "Thor's Day"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5bbu6NPRvU

Ladies and Gentlemen, let the Thor-jokes commence!!!
Thor, Norse god of thunder, was depressed in Valhalla. He had never known the thrills of carnal love. So he decided to visit mortal earth and find himself a woman. He consulted Oden. "If you make love to a mortal woman," Oden counseled "you will ruin her for mortal man. This seems hardly fair, Thor."

Ignoring Oden's advice, Thor went to earth and found a comely young lass in the far reaches of Sweden. She fell for him on sight, being a god and all. After a zesty night of love making, Thor arose to leave. He saw in her eyes that she never wanted him to go. Recalling Oden's advice, Thor thought it best that he come clean, so to speak, with her.

"I have to tell you. I'm Thor" he confessed.

"You're Thor?!?" answered the girl. "I can hardly thand up!"

:rofl:

Now, THAT's rep-worthy.

:D

Afternoon all. This morning was a personal best at the gym after work. 1km jog on the treadmill, 1k on the cross trainer, 12 chest presses at 20kg each, 20 pulls on the low rower at 35kg, 20 leg presses at 50kg each, 20 stomach crunches at 15kg each, 20 moves on the abductor at 40kg each, and a fast run on the treadmill for 3 minutes at 10kph. Up from my usual 9.5kph.

Needless to say my legs are like jelly and I need to rest, lol.

Hope everyone is having an awesome day!

Argh......just reading your post made me tired.:eek:

My legs are feeling it now, lol.

My eyes hurt from reading that......... :lol:

Slept with window open because it was rainy and cool... Woke with headache because I have allergies...

Need Advil and more Java. :thup:

:)

peace...

The monsoon season came in like a lion!! Actually experiencing humidity levels up to 70%. Now that might not seem like much to some of you but up here 70% might as well be 100% considering our average annual humidity levels are less than 5%.
I just looked out back at the thermometer/hygrometer.... the humidity is just over 90%!!!!
And it's not raining........ Well today's supposed to dry out so I expect humidity levels to drop below the 30% by mid morning, probably even lower.
Definitely not used to this humidity any more. The only saving grace is that the temps are currently in the 50s. :thup:

Boxes. They're cheap and stack nicely in garage attics. :)

You underestimate the amount of stuff they have.

I think I've mentioned my enormous owl collection accumulated over the decades. But since almost every single one was a gift or one acquired to commemorate a memorable occasion (trips, milestones, etc.) I don't have the heart to dispose of them. So I'll leave them to the kids but many many are packed in boxes in the garage.

Just keep the memories packed in your head please.

Well my neighbor's auction went much better than I expected. While truly sad to know the property is not her's any more, a very interesting thing happened. A neighbor from year's past bought it for his daughter. The property will be updated and cared for which was my biggest concern. We were also able to buy a few things to remember Mary. A new chapter begins.

Reminds me there is a 5k I have not trained for this Saturday. Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness 5k. I'll be happy to turn a 35 minute or less time and mow five yards on Sunday.

Forum List

Back