USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hump Day Question

When you find yourself in a hand basket...

1024x768-puppy-in-a-basket.jpg

...shouldn't you be wondering where you are going?

:D

I take Mrs. Bloods Altima to get it serviced and inspected. There are no warning lights on. Guy starts it up takes it into the service bay comes in the waiting room and tells me I have a check engine light and it can't be inspected until I replace a sensor. I'm thinking WTF. NEVER had a warning light and the moment I want to get it inspected all of a sudden I need a sensor that costs $285 bucks. What are the odds?

I take Mrs. Bloods Altima to get it serviced and inspected. There are no warning lights on. Guy starts it up takes it into the service bay comes in the waiting room and tells me I have a check engine light and it can't be inspected until I replace a sensor. I'm thinking WTF. NEVER had a warning light and the moment I want to get it inspected all of a sudden I need a sensor that costs $285 bucks. What are the odds?

BTDT!

Been taking Mrs Te's Mazda MPV to the same dealership for years when she comes home and tells me that they recommended that the brake pads needed to be replaced all round. So I take it back to the dealership and ask the service manager who checked the brakes and made this recommendation. He says it is a new guy who has only been with the place a couple of weeks. I ask him to put it back on the lift and check the pads again. Nothing wrong with them which I already knew since I had replaced them myself about 3 months earlier. The new guy wasn't around very much longer.

I think that is just an unretouched picture. Here is one where she is made up with makeup, but she still has wrinkles - at 51, that's not common.

Gillian-McKeith-006.jpg

My mom and her sibling all had wrinkles at 51, before that actually. Genetics.

I'm lucky, they all had dry skin, mine was more oily (dad's side) - sucked in junior high, but in my late 50s I have no wrinkles.

Blondes and redheads show their age faster than brunettes, due to the lack of melanin in their skin that protects against aging and UV rays. Genetics though is the main factor.

Yeah I agree with that. Also I looked her up on Wiki and she's 55, not 51, and more to the point, she's Scottish ('nuff said). Obviously somebody went to great lengths to misrepresent a few things to make a specious point.

It's getting so hot and humid here, I am thinking that bare-buck nekked may be the only way to get through the day...

That's what I just did, lazing in the sun after a fullsome day of yard work, but not from heat; it's been a gorgeously brisk but sunny day, all day in the 60s, so I took advantage of that to clear some jungle, stretch out the new chainsaw and build woodpiles for winter. Got some humungous stumps that'll have to be split, but that'll be an autumn job.

Absolutely gorgeous, low humidity, sunny. My 'maters are turning red too, two or three deep red, one orange, several still green. And blackberries everywhere ripe for pickin'.

You underestimate the amount of stuff they have.

I think I've mentioned my enormous owl collection accumulated over the decades. But since almost every single one was a gift or one acquired to commemorate a memorable occasion (trips, milestones, etc.) I don't have the heart to dispose of them. So I'll leave them to the kids but many many are packed in boxes in the garage.

I once worked with a lady who had a massive salt and pepper shaker collection. They were displayed in cabinets all over her house and were from all over the world and from every period of history, I think, since the salt and pepper shaker were invented. I think some of them were probably valuable antiques. People who knew her would give her these sets from their travels; however, she collected most of them herself. Oh, that reminds me, my boss asked for a fridge magnet from where I'm spending my vacation! :) Need to get that.

I had a guest from Holland (The Netherlands) visit me at the end of May.....she brought me a cute little pair of wooden shoes packaged in a plastic bag. I just set the package on my baker's rack and almost forgot about them. I noticed them just the other day and decided to put them into one of my Etageres to keep them from getting dusty. As I was looking at the package I noticed the package said "made in China". I was so disappointed...I thought I had something from Holland.....C'est la vie.....:D

I think I've mentioned my enormous owl collection accumulated over the decades. But since almost every single one was a gift or one acquired to commemorate a memorable occasion (trips, milestones, etc.) I don't have the heart to dispose of them. So I'll leave them to the kids but many many are packed in boxes in the garage.

I once worked with a lady who had a massive salt and pepper shaker collection. They were displayed in cabinets all over her house and were from all over the world and from every period of history, I think, since the salt and pepper shaker were invented. I think some of them were probably valuable antiques. People who knew her would give her these sets from their travels; however, she collected most of them herself. Oh, that reminds me, my boss asked for a fridge magnet from where I'm spending my vacation! :) Need to get that.

I had a guest from Holland (The Netherlands) visit me at the end of May.....she brought me a cute little pair of wooden shoes packaged in a plastic bag. I just set the package on my baker's rack and almost forgot about them. I noticed them just the other day and decided to put them into one of my Etageres to keep them from getting dusty. As I was looking at the package I noticed the package said "made in China". I was so disappointed...I thought I had something from Holland.....C'est la vie.....:D

I have real wood shoes from Japan, made by hand in Japan, given to me by an acquaintance when I was in Japan in 2001, shortly after 911.

Those shoes are very small; I have given them to my daughter. She loves them!

I have real wood shoes from Japan, made by hand in Japan, given to me by an acquaintance when I was in Japan in 2001, shortly after 911.

I thought surely they still made them in Holland....after all, that is one of the things they are known for.....:(

Boxes. They're cheap and stack nicely in garage attics. :)

You underestimate the amount of stuff they have.

Since I sold my big house in 2005, my library and collectibles have been boxed and in storage. I've collected David Winter cottages, Lladros (especially those that feature cats), and Willits Carousel horses, among many other things. I also have an extensive collection of cats, crystal, porcelain, stuffed, wooden, you name it and I have a cat made of it, most likely.

I thought surely they still made them in Holland....after all, that is one of the things they are known for.....:(

They still do. I could go over the border to Enschede (where there are great, uh, er, uhm, coffee-houses) and buy some authentic shoes, made right there (in Enschede), but they are, as the Germans say, "schweineteuer" (piggily expensive!).

Last edited:

They still do. I could go over the border to Enschede (where there are great, uh, er, uhm, coffee-houses) and buy some authentic shoes, made right there (in Enschede), but they are, as the Germans say, "schweineteuer" (piggily expensive!).

How far is Holland from where you are?

I mean .... Gouda is within range... :tongue:

I wouldn't spend any money buying more dust collectors....but since it was a gift....oh, well.

netherlands-politcal-map.gif

Don't fall for it, Bloodrock. Get a scanner and see if you really have a faulty sensor. Mrs. Jughead used to have similar issues when taking my truck, or hers to the service station. I finally decided to invest in a scanner, so when I have issues like check engine light, rough idle, lack of power ... I just connect the scanner and diagnose the problem myself before even taking the vehicle to my mechanic. One time after I did a tune up on my vehicle, I noticed that the truck would stall intermittently as I was slowing down. I hooked up the scanner and got a code that one of the spark plugs was not connected. I checked, and sure enough I had forgotten to tighten one of the spark plugs ... :D. I still routinely hookup my scanner to make sure I have no codes on either vehicle.

10/4, good buddy.

5 by 5, we are in the pike for Operation Gouda-snatch.

netherlands-politcal-map.gif

You can see Enschede on the map, in the province of Overjissel. And you can also see where I live, at the bottom of the map.

Afternoon all. This morning was a personal best at the gym after work. 1km jog on the treadmill, 1k on the cross trainer, 12 chest presses at 20kg each, 20 pulls on the low rower at 35kg, 20 leg presses at 50kg each, 20 stomach crunches at 15kg each, 20 moves on the abductor at 40kg each, and a fast run on the treadmill for 3 minutes at 10kph. Up from my usual 9.5kph.

Needless to say my legs are like jelly and I need to rest, lol.

Hope everyone is having an awesome day!

Afternoon all. This morning was a personal best at the gym after work. 1km jog on the treadmill, 1k on the cross trainer, 12 chest presses at 20kg each, 20 pulls on the low rower at 35kg, 20 leg presses at 50kg each, 20 stomach crunches at 15kg each, 20 moves on the abductor at 40kg each, and a fast run on the treadmill for 3 minutes at 10kph. Up from my usual 9.5kph.

Argh......just reading your post made me tired.:eek:

Argh......just reading your post made me tired.:eek:

Me too, but not because of the exercise......it was trying to convert kilograms to pounds and kilometers to miles in my head when I can't remember the ratios. :lol:

Forum List

Back