USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning !
Have a Great Wednesday!!!!!!!!

I love Balloon Art :)

amazing-balloon-art-1.jpg

It has to do with skin care, diet, and genetics. The first lady may eat a good organic diet, but she has not taken care of her skin and doesn't make any effort with her appearance.

The second lady is all glammed up and is probably wearing make-up, but she has obviously taken care of her skin. I don't know who she is, but even a cook who eats sauces, butter, and desserts, etc., but in moderation, will not harm her looks.

Most people don't protect their skin from the sun, and that's what causes the most damage, though diet has a lot of effect too. Being a little plump rather than thin helps to make the second lady more attractive at her age, imo.

French women, for example, have a high life expectancy, are generally not fat, and look pretty good in middle age. They eat butter, white bread, meat, and so on, but in moderation. They also eat a lot of fruits and veggies.

A healthy organic diet doesn't lead to looking old; it's taking care of your skin that counts. A diet that is not perfect doesn't lead to being beautiful: it has to do with skin care too and just making an effort. I don't think the first lady has made any effort with her looks.

I think that is just an unretouched picture. Here is one where she is made up with makeup, but she still has wrinkles - at 51, that's not common.

Gillian-McKeith-006.jpg

My mom and her sibling all had wrinkles at 51, before that actually. Genetics.

I'm lucky, they all had dry skin, mine was more oily (dad's side) - sucked in junior high, but in my late 50s I have no wrinkles.

Genetics has a lot to do with it. My take on this woman is sun and being quite thin. A little chub is like natures botox, especially as we hit our middle years.

It has to do with skin care, diet, and genetics. The first lady may eat a good organic diet, but she has not taken care of her skin and doesn't make any effort with her appearance.

The second lady is all glammed up and is probably wearing make-up, but she has obviously taken care of her skin. I don't know who she is, but even a cook who eats sauces, butter, and desserts, etc., but in moderation, will not harm her looks.

Most people don't protect their skin from the sun, and that's what causes the most damage, though diet has a lot of effect too. Being a little plump rather than thin helps to make the second lady more attractive at her age, imo.

French women, for example, have a high life expectancy, are generally not fat, and look pretty good in middle age. They eat butter, white bread, meat, and so on, but in moderation. They also eat a lot of fruits and veggies.

A healthy organic diet doesn't lead to looking old; it's taking care of your skin that counts. A diet that is not perfect doesn't lead to being beautiful: it has to do with skin care too and just making an effort. I don't think the first lady has made any effort with her looks.

I think that is just an unretouched picture. Here is one where she is made up with makeup, but she still has wrinkles - at 51, that's not common.

Gillian-McKeith-006.jpg

My mom and her sibling all had wrinkles at 51, before that actually. Genetics.

I'm lucky, they all had dry skin, mine was more oily (dad's side) - sucked in junior high, but in my late 50s I have no wrinkles.

Blondes and redheads show their age faster than brunettes, due to the lack of melanin in their skin that protects against aging and UV rays. Genetics though is the main factor.

Good morning all. The verdict for Hombre is strep so it is a good thing we went to the doc. He is feeling better now with a couple of doses of Amoxicillin in him so it's going to be harder to convince him he's sick and needs to follow doctor's orders.

National snake day huh? Live and learn. Years ago I was counseling at a youth church camp in West Texas located in a small canyon with high rock walls all around. We had a fierce thunderstorm during the night one night and it washed dozens of rattlers out of the rocks and into the camp. We had to keep the kids inside while the staff tracked down and killed all the snakes. And then the cooks served them up for dinner. Of course I had to set a good example and try the snake meat. I can't say it tasted like chicken. But it wasn't bad.

As for the wrinkles, I agree that skin care and limiting sun exposure is part of it, but genetics is probably the largest factor. My aunt in her upper 80's has almost no wrinkles. My niece in her 40's has a lot. So go figure. . . .(but I enjoy my butter for cooking and toast and I enjoy meat in moderation--I find I want it much less as I get older and don't miss it if I don't have it.)

Okay on with the day and more coffee. Have a great Wednesday everybody.

Kind of a sad evening. Tomorrow our neighbor has an auction for her car, house and household goods. She has been in a assisted living facility for seven months and we knew she would not return home, but her home was still across the street. Now it will all belong to someone else and it seems more final.

My wife helped her with house cleaning for several years and I have kept up her yard the last two. The goal was to keep her in the house as long as possible. Wishing that could have been longer.

That is so sad, SL. Hopefully, she will still have a full life where she will be living. Maybe you could visit her?

She is just across town, so very doable. My wife was close to her and cleaned her house for several years. I mowed the lawn and shoveled the drive for the last two years. Her family is not around for winter, so the neighbors will have to visit a lot.

Last edited:
My biggest problem is my husband and my son refuse to get rid of their collectables (read: crap). We can't downsize as there would be no where to put their stuff. ...

Boxes. They're cheap and stack nicely in garage attics. :)

You underestimate the amount of stuff they have.

I think I've mentioned my enormous owl collection accumulated over the decades. But since almost every single one was a gift or one acquired to commemorate a memorable occasion (trips, milestones, etc.) I don't have the heart to dispose of them. So I'll leave them to the kids but many many are packed in boxes in the garage.

Well I'm a bachelor for a week and a half. My wife is out in Las Vegas visiting a friend. How much damage do you thing 3 men alone in a house can do in a week and a half?

Well, let's see, [MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION] :

Mix this:

poker-tournament-with-poker-players.jpg

with this:

-Beer-Funnel-Bongzilla-12-Pack-Beer-Bong.jpg

and with this:

Strippers | Female Strippers | Male Strippers

20111207-the%20add.jpg

And let us know how the house looks afterwards.....

:D

Last edited:
On computers, my first computer was a Compaq Presario 486 with a dial up internet connection (AOL) that cost me $3/hour to use. Cost about $2,000 +. Slower than molasses but it was amazing and I couldn't imagine ever needing more computer than that. The only way I could justify the expense is that I used it in my work so could write it off as a business expense over several years.

My current PC has a terabyte of hard drive space, 1000 ram, great video and gaming capability, skype, is lightning fast and we enjoy great internet that usually connects us to everything in 3 seconds or less. . . .cost on a Black Friday special: $289. The bad part is that it too will be obsolete within a relatively short time. But it is unlikely that computers will get more expensive.

Times are a-changin'. It is tougher on us older folks more set in our ways and less technie than some of you younger whippersnappers, but it's mostly good.

Forum List

Back