USMB Coffee Shop IV

And once again, Karma has made me her bitch today. It started out this morning as I tried to start the Ford Explorer and listened to it click and tap and refuse to start. And that was at a grocery store parking lot. I stop in every morning for a banana and a quart of skim milk. The maintenance crew drove out a Chevy Blazer for me and off I went to the northern reaches of the county.

I finished the scheduled inspections for the morning and took my lunch hour at a Farmer's Market buying produce for me and Mom.

Then, on the way back, the Blazer died! Again the maintenance crew came to the rescue and brought me back to the office. Now that I have finished the Battle of the Paperwork for today, I think I'll go home and take the Mutt for a walk.

Ask yourself what you did to have Karma smack you and then remember to never do it again.:D
Perhaps I took karma for granted.

Uh oh. Karma is like having a second wife...

My youngest made a fb appeal yesterday. Her school has a $100 student supplies budget for her classroom for the year. She is hoping for donations.

I think asking for donations is fine, but there's a website for things like that. I forget what it is, but my niece used it for her classroom. She no longer teaching now. This was her last year, now she's going to have a baby and do something else.

What makes me upset is those supply lists for the students. I saw one on the news. Lysol wipes, paper towels, kleenex, etc. Why are we buying cleaning supplies for our kids? What happened to crayons and tablets?

What a wonderfully hot day.

Going to read for awhile.

Done good work. And all of you will also, I bet.

Chances are that snake isn't venomous. It looks like a Florida watersnake. You could likely keep it as a pet if you like.

Poisonous snakes are limited to rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, copperheads, sidewinders, massasaugas and coral snakes.

I looked it up after I saw it and believe it to have been an Eastern Kingsnake. A constrictor, and although they may bite when caught in the wild, are apparently fairly good pets as far as snakes go.

I don't actually want a snake for a pet, and I have no idea how the little one would feel about having one. I was really just venting some of my frustration at the terrible chihuahua/pinscher we have. Little bastard crapped in the house yet again already today. I found it when I got up to take him out for the third time in 2 hours after he woke up. :mad:

I had a snake when I was younger, a ball python, it escaped from it's aquarium and ended up trapping itself under a desk and dying.

Snakes are not recommended when young children are around, especially constrictors.

My youngest made a fb appeal yesterday. Her school has a $100 student supplies budget for her classroom for the year. She is hoping for donations.

I think asking for donations is fine, but there's a website for things like that. I forget what it is, but my niece used it for her classroom. She no longer teaching now. This was her last year, now she's going to have a baby and do something else.

What makes me upset is those supply lists for the students. I saw one on the news. Lysol wipes, paper towels, kleenex, etc. Why are we buying cleaning supplies for our kids? What happened to crayons and tablets?

I was just surprised the school had such a small budget for supplies. Last year my daughter painted her room with her own time and money.

This is prolly getting political and therefore off limits for the CS, but the original post was already going there -- so I don't believe this sort of baiting belongs in the CS.
I mean, I set my own health standards, it's not my place to tell others how to set theirs. :nono:

Sheesh, it was humor :rolleyes:

No, it's baiting. It's drawing a dividing line between two sides and then mocking one of them. I don't think that sort of thing belongs here.

Hey! Karma is a sweetheart!

afhb0w.jpg

This is prolly getting political and therefore off limits for the CS, but the original post was already going there -- so I don't believe this sort of baiting belongs in the CS.
I mean, I set my own health standards, it's not my place to tell others how to set theirs. :nono:

Sheesh, it was humor :rolleyes:

No, it's baiting. It's drawing a dividing line between two sides and then mocking one of them. I don't think that sort of thing belongs here.

I took it as a cautionary tale that someone who claims to be living a healthy lifestyle might not be all that helpful. BMI is a bogus measure in my opinion. I am above average muscled for my frame size, so BMI says I'm overweight and well onto obese. Best to consider all these health tips and advice with moderation. Hence the cautionary tale?

Kind of a sad evening. Tomorrow our neighbor has an auction for her car, house and household goods. She has been in a assisted living facility for seven months and we knew she would not return home, but her home was still across the street. Now it will all belong to someone else and it seems more final.

My wife helped her with house cleaning for several years and I have kept up her yard the last two. The goal was to keep her in the house as long as possible. Wishing that could have been longer.

[MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION]

I'm so sorry to hear about your old friend!

LOS ANGELES -- Archie Andrews will die taking a bullet for his gay best friend.

The famous freckle-faced comic book icon is meeting his demise in Wednesday's installment of "Life with Archie" when he intervenes in an assassination attempt on Kevin Keller, Archie Comics' first openly gay character. Andrews' death, which was first announced in April, will mark the conclusion of the series that focuses on grown-up renditions of Andrews and his Riverdale pals.

"The way in which Archie dies is everything that you would expect of Archie," said Jon Goldwater, Archie Comics publisher and co-CEO. "He dies heroically. He dies selflessly. He dies in the manner that epitomizes not only the best of Riverdale but the best of all of us. It's what Archie has come to represent over the past almost 75 years."

Archie comics series to end with hero?s death | CTV Vancouver News

Saw this guy at the front door when I went to take the dog out earlier.

P1010114.jpg

I think I might prefer the snake to the dog as a pet. I hate this stupid, never listening, shitting and pissing all over the house dog. :mad:

The snake, at least, would just be stupid. :lol:

Where on earth do you live? Jeezus..

[MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION]

I'm so sorry to hear about your old friend!

LOS ANGELES -- Archie Andrews will die taking a bullet for his gay best friend.

The famous freckle-faced comic book icon is meeting his demise in Wednesday's installment of "Life with Archie" when he intervenes in an assassination attempt on Kevin Keller, Archie Comics' first openly gay character. Andrews' death, which was first announced in April, will mark the conclusion of the series that focuses on grown-up renditions of Andrews and his Riverdale pals.

"The way in which Archie dies is everything that you would expect of Archie," said Jon Goldwater, Archie Comics publisher and co-CEO. "He dies heroically. He dies selflessly. He dies in the manner that epitomizes not only the best of Riverdale but the best of all of us. It's what Archie has come to represent over the past almost 75 years."

Archie comics series to end with hero?s death | CTV Vancouver News
Thanks for your kind comments, Sarah! :)

I had heard about my pal Archie's passing a few months ago. Good news is he only dies in the Life With Archie series. They did this to end the series. Archie will still be alive and well in the other Archie related comic series ... :)

Here's a related thread I had created ...

I'm not surprised. If all I ate was a diet consisting of fruits and vegetables, I'd likely be ill, and have no stamina or energy. Probably also feel lightheaded. I need protein and carbs in my diet in order to get sustenance.

All the different meats, fruits and vegetables were put on this earth for a reason.....:)

It has to do with skin care, diet, and genetics. The first lady may eat a good organic diet, but she has not taken care of her skin and doesn't make any effort with her appearance.

The second lady is all glammed up and is probably wearing make-up, but she has obviously taken care of her skin. I don't know who she is, but even a cook who eats sauces, butter, and desserts, etc., but in moderation, will not harm her looks.

Most people don't protect their skin from the sun, and that's what causes the most damage, though diet has a lot of effect too. Being a little plump rather than thin helps to make the second lady more attractive at her age, imo.

French women, for example, have a high life expectancy, are generally not fat, and look pretty good in middle age. They eat butter, white bread, meat, and so on, but in moderation. They also eat a lot of fruits and veggies.

A healthy organic diet doesn't lead to looking old; it's taking care of your skin that counts. A diet that is not perfect doesn't lead to being beautiful: it has to do with skin care too and just making an effort. I don't think the first lady has made any effort with her looks.

I think that is just an unretouched picture. Here is one where she is made up with makeup, but she still has wrinkles - at 51, that's not common.

Gillian-McKeith-006.jpg

Kind of a sad evening. Tomorrow our neighbor has an auction for her car, house and household goods. She has been in a assisted living facility for seven months and we knew she would not return home, but her home was still across the street. Now it will all belong to someone else and it seems more final.

My wife helped her with house cleaning for several years and I have kept up her yard the last two. The goal was to keep her in the house as long as possible. Wishing that could have been longer.

That is so sad, SL. Hopefully, she will still have a full life where she will be living. Maybe you could visit her?

It has to do with skin care, diet, and genetics. The first lady may eat a good organic diet, but she has not taken care of her skin and doesn't make any effort with her appearance.

The second lady is all glammed up and is probably wearing make-up, but she has obviously taken care of her skin. I don't know who she is, but even a cook who eats sauces, butter, and desserts, etc., but in moderation, will not harm her looks.

Most people don't protect their skin from the sun, and that's what causes the most damage, though diet has a lot of effect too. Being a little plump rather than thin helps to make the second lady more attractive at her age, imo.

French women, for example, have a high life expectancy, are generally not fat, and look pretty good in middle age. They eat butter, white bread, meat, and so on, but in moderation. They also eat a lot of fruits and veggies.

A healthy organic diet doesn't lead to looking old; it's taking care of your skin that counts. A diet that is not perfect doesn't lead to being beautiful: it has to do with skin care too and just making an effort. I don't think the first lady has made any effort with her looks.

I think that is just an unretouched picture. Here is one where she is made up with makeup, but she still has wrinkles - at 51, that's not common.

Gillian-McKeith-006.jpg

She's too skinny, that's all.

Forum List

Back