USMB Coffee Shop IV

We are very grateful that we are having our normal monsoon season.
We have been so dry for the last few summers.
The winds were really bad in Tucson and it blew over several of our F 16 jet fighters at Davis Monthan Air Force Base.
As usual flooding in Tucson and Phoenix.
Still very grateful for the rain. :)
I recall when I lived in Phoenix, the few times it rained throughout the year, many of the streets wound up flooded. Some of the older neighborhoods did not have any sewers. It was quite a sight.

Good morning Coffee Mates. Already 90 here and like Spoon says you can drink the air. So Mrs. Blood gets out of the shower this morning and tells me she thinks she hears water running. So I check under the house and sure enough there's a pinhole leak in the hot water pipe running to the bathroom. The line is plastic except the manifold is copper and that's where the leak is. One of our best friends owns a plumbing company so I'm on the phone at 6:45. He had someone here at 8:15 fixed by 9. I just may take my monthly shower in celebration. Have a great day y'all.

Good morning Coffee Mates. Already 90 here and like Spoon says you can drink the air. So Mrs. Blood gets out of the shower this morning and tells me she thinks she hears water running. So I check under the house and sure enough there's a pinhole leak in the hot water pipe running to the bathroom. The line is plastic except the manifold is copper and that's where the leak is. One of our best friends owns a plumbing company so I'm on the phone at 6:45. He had someone here at 8:15 fixed by 9. I just may take my monthly shower in celebration. Have a great day y'all.

Good deal. :thup:

I always love having friends with whom to do business. Everybody prospers that way.

Good news: A starter for my '92 Yukon is a $60 item.

Bad news: Since I pay my mechanic in the shop directly, I have to wait until they are not busy. That takes a while sometimes. Also, as the Yukon has sat for three days, the right rear brake line appears to be broken too.

Good news: All the expensive stuff works pretty well.

Morning !
:)
funny-cats7.jpg

Good deal. :thup:

I always love having friends with whom to do business. Everybody prospers that way.

True. Our daughters are best friends and we go to church together. My other best friend at church can find and fix ANY problem with a car. I buy the parts and he fixes and won't charge me anything. Even if it takes hours. So I make out a check and give it to him at church and tell him I won't take no for an answer...don't cause a scene in church. :D

It's supposed to rain in North Carolina today, my lawn needs it. My youngest just graduated high school and we are selling the house to downsize. Keep a lawn green in North Carolina during the summer's a serious challenge.

It's supposed to rain in North Carolina today, my lawn needs it. My youngest just graduated high school and we are selling the house to downsize. Keep a lawn green in North Carolina during the summer's a serious challenge.

Congrats on the graduation.

Downsizing is fun, exhilarating, and confusing at times.

Now that we are on the other side of that, we love how it all turned out.

Have our year round condo here and keep the home in Tyler Tx for winters when and if we want to do that.

Have our year round condo here and keep the home in Tyler Tx for winters when and if we want to do that.

Thanks Jake. We plan to rent for a year or two and feel out where we want to live. My oldest has lived in eight states, we've moved so much and we always had to pick so fast. we're looking forward to taking our time with this one. I'm also looking forward to a break from repairs and yard work. And I can focus on the business rather than maintaining the home while we work on growing. I don't think I want to rent forever though.

Ah, helpful topic this downsizing. Any tips or observations would be great.

My biggest problem is finding my beast of a house is worth X and the smaller yet slightly more functional house is also X.

Ah, helpful topic this downsizing. Any tips or observations would be great.

My biggest problem is finding my beast of a house is worth X and the smaller yet slightly more functional house is also X.

My biggest problem is my husband and my son refuse to get rid of their collectables (read: crap). We can't downsize as there would be no where to put their stuff. Funny how all my stuff is crap and all their stuff is collectibles.

Thanks Jake. We plan to rent for a year or two and feel out where we want to live. My oldest has lived in eight states, we've moved so much and we always had to pick so fast. we're looking forward to taking our time with this one. I'm also looking forward to a break from repairs and yard work. And I can focus on the business rather than maintaining the home while we work on growing. I don't think I want to rent forever though.

If you are staying in the area, you can rent if you have not found what you want when you get a good sale price for your home. If you are moving, rent first for six months while checking the market. I miss yard work, I don't miss home repairs, and the HOA has taken care of stuff I had not even realized that it covered.

If you are staying in the area, you can rent if you have not found what you want when you get a good sale price for your home. If you are moving, rent first for six months while checking the market. I miss yard work, I don't miss home repairs, and the HOA has taken care of stuff I had not even realized that it covered.

Definitely staying in the area, my business is here. Actually, my commute is about a half hour now. Not terrible, but a little less would be nice.

Forum List

Back