USMB Coffee Shop IV

I may be the only person on the Planet who likes Windows 8 :) (But it did take me most of a year to get to that point.) I have Windows 7 on my laptop and Windows 8 (upgraded to 8.1) on my PC. And after using both for more than a year now I have made my peace with Windows 8 and prefer it to Windows 7. It seems to me to be a more stable system and it has some features that I find myself missing when I use Win 7.

Hey Foxy, cute new avie. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]

Did your cat ever come down from the tree???

He did not come down, I plucked him down with that apparatus I posted pictures of the other day -- after slight modification to extend it a bit more. Imagine a cherrypicker machine like you'd see working on a telephone pole, except it's one guy on a stepladder poking a pole into the air. So he never did come down on his own. I forced the issue because I was tired of this taking so much time. But at least I didn't have to call the rescue guy this time.

He's sitting right here in front of the laptop. Say hi, Hobbes...

"uhtouhwih kbyqpoiubpeuq09j';fd'zh4/j aj[p[agr"

Yeah. What he said.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
Ollie, Mrs O and family in the loss of their Angie,
Bloodrock's father-in-law in Germany,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I may be the only person on the Planet who likes Windows 8 :) (But it did take me most of a year to get to that point.) I have Windows 7 on my laptop and Windows 8 (upgraded to 8.1) on my PC. And after using both for more than a year now I have made my peace with Windows 8 and prefer it to Windows 7. It seems to me to be a more stable system and it has some features that I find myself missing when I use Win 7.

I like Win 8 - a lot. Win 8 runs on my laptop, Win 7 and Linux run on the desktop system. EASY.

Glad you got time for lunch! Don't want you to miss a meal, we know how you get. :D
I could handle skipping lunch, and the resulting hunger pangs. Since I fast on Fridays during Lent, I'm used to it, so it wouldn't be an issue. Problem is when the stomach starts growling. It's embarrassing when in a meeting ... :lol:

Oh that's right, you did fast. I've heard the stomach growls in meetings before. Nobody wants to acknowledge it but everyone knows where it's coming from.
It happened to me on one occasion when I was fasting (eating only one meal during Lent on Fridays). I had to apologize for being on an empty stomach. What made matters worse was that we provided donuts, muffins and coffee for everyone at the meeting.

Good morning everybody. We got a good hard rain last night and then it has been raining lightly ever since--raining lightly--the good soaking kind--now. Cool and rainy--very un-New Mexico like but I'm loving it. A drought buster? We can hope.

Hope everybody is having a good Tuesday. I need to hit the showers and get myself pretty for a looooooong medical taxi run this morning. Uncle Ed has to see the doc at his office and then we go to the hospital for pre-admission and pre-op conference in advance of some out-patient surgery next Monday. Not looking forward to doing all that in the rain--Albuquerque drivers don't handle wet weather well at all. But it's worth it to get the rain.

Okay, trash cart is set out at the curb, fussing at Hombre to do what he needs to do to get over this crud he has, more coffee, and then off to the showers.

The German "11" (well, the whole team!) went down the Fan-Meile (Fans - Mile) in Berlin, which is packed with about 2,000,000 people extra today. It was quite a show.

I suspect that bars will be hopping tonight and there will be love in the air.

LOL.

Last edited:
We are very grateful that we are having our normal monsoon season.
We have been so dry for the last few summers.
The winds were really bad in Tucson and it blew over several of our F 16 jet fighters at Davis Monthan Air Force Base.
As usual flooding in Tucson and Phoenix.
Still very grateful for the rain. :)

Forum List

Back