USMB Coffee Shop IV

There has been no service for Angie yet. We are leaving in the morning to head for Georgia. I had the Prayer cards made locally because the Grandkids in Georgia didn't get them done. They just got the date from the Cemetery when they can add her ashes to her Husbands. And they set up no preacher or Chaplain. I called the Chaplains office this morning and the Garrison Chaplain wasn't in. he's supposed to call me back. From what the secretary told me we won't get a Chaplain.

Looks like I might have to do a eulogy.

Anyway we'll do something Thursday then I'll drive back home and be at my Brothers burial on Saturday....

It has not been a fun year..........

I hope you are taking care of you too Ollie. I know you pride yourself in your ability to handle what comes at you, and you certainly do that with grace and poise, but none of us are invincible. You've had far more on your plate this year than anybody should have to endure. Be good to you too.

There has been no service for Angie yet. We are leaving in the morning to head for Georgia. I had the Prayer cards made locally because the Grandkids in Georgia didn't get them done. They just got the date from the Cemetery when they can add her ashes to her Husbands. And they set up no preacher or Chaplain. I called the Chaplains office this morning and the Garrison Chaplain wasn't in. he's supposed to call me back. From what the secretary told me we won't get a Chaplain.

Anyway we'll do something Thursday then I'll drive back home and be at my Brothers burial on Saturday....

You're a good man, Ollie. You've had an unfortunate series of events occur this year, and yet you've always managed to keep your composure, and be there for your loved ones. May God give you the strength to get through all this ok, and may he especially shield you from any future loss of loved ones for a lengthy period.

Good heavens. This has been a busy day to say the least. Whoever said that Mondays are supposed to be slow, I wish they would come and help me with my work ...

officesmiley.gif

busy.jpg

Finally get a chance to have lunch ... :thup:

I'd say Harper is the healthiest one on your prayer list FoxFyre. She walks and talks (as long as she can answer the question with no or meow).
[MENTION=21265]saveliberty[/MENTION]: That's great news Save. She was the inspiration for the Vigil List and is the one who has been on it from the beginning. Is she done with all the corrective surgeries now?

Getting close to her second birthday. Harper will need a surgery at six or seven. That one will take a piece of her hip and implant it in her upper gum. It forms the base for her adult teeth. Probably a cosmetic surgery for her nose in her teens.

No and meow aren't her only words. Wow and mama too, but you would be amazed how much that gets you at her age. :lol:

I called the American Legion Commander in Columbus Ga. His Chaplain will be there.....

When i get home i will compose a letter to the SMA (Sergeant Major of the Army) I will sent info copies to the Commander of the Chaplain Corps, The Inspector General, and the Commander of Ft Benning. Maybe the SGM of Ft Benning also. I'll have time to think about who all it goes to.....

In it I will remind them what the mission of the Chaplains Corps is and tell them about the total lack of service my Daughter received. Want to bet I get some responses?

No it hasn't Ollie.

But I'm Praying for friends to comfort you,
faith to uphold you,
and loving memories
to help you smile again. (Hugs)

I called the American Legion Commander in Columbus Ga. His Chaplain will be there.....

When i get home i will compose a letter to the SMA (Sergeant Major of the Army) I will sent info copies to the Commander of the Chaplain Corps, The Inspector General, and the Commander of Ft Benning. Maybe the SGM of Ft Benning also. I'll have time to think about who all it goes to.....

In it I will remind them what the mission of the Chaplains Corps is and tell them about the total lack of service my Daughter received. Want to bet I get some responses?
You'll get some action from the SMA, I'm sure. This is unforgiveable.

[MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION]

Now that we're in High Summer in these parts and the plants and flowers are doing as well as they ever will, I thought you might enjoy some before and after snapshots.

Here's before:

IMG_1099.jpg

and after:

3fcb5f9671d8f8b5fd84900b42b96b40.jpg

Before:

imagejpg10.jpg

and after:

4c0591e77e14cb80c8772368b3384f24.jpg

before:

imagejpg2.jpg

and after:

91a5fedede2671952ce12d438cf37445.jpg

As soon as those decorative peppers bear fruit (and that will be soon as I spied one today!) I'll send snapshots again.

I hope you are taking care of you too Ollie. I know you pride yourself in your ability to handle what comes at you, and you certainly do that with grace and poise, but none of us are invincible. You've had far more on your plate this year than anybody should have to endure. Be good to you too.

Very, very wise words and good advice.

What a couple of days. Yesterday, my next door neighbor who's a bud of mine, we like to sit outside and drink beer on the weekends, asked me to get his mail and bring in the recycling bin this week. His wife's mother is visiting. She hadn't been able to reach her husband at their house in Tampa, finally she called another daughter who drove 20 minutes to the house, he died of a heart attack doing yard work, she found the body in the yard. They are headed down for the funeral today. So I come into work today, I'm a business owner. My VP of sales's grandfather died this weekend as well, so she's headed to the funeral on Wednesday.

You're a good man, Ollie. You've had an unfortunate series of events occur this year, and yet you've always managed to keep your composure, and be there for your loved ones. May God give you the strength to get through all this ok, and may he especially shield you from any future loss of loved ones for a lengthy period.

Because Jughead said it so incredibly beautifully and from deep within the heart, I can only second what he said, Ollie.

Dayum. I woke up to overcast skies that is NOT fog and even got a few spatterings of rain but it stopped. Dammit. Now I have to water the yard after all.

Now that we're in High Summer in these parts and the plants and flowers are doing as well as they ever will, I thought you might enjoy some before and after snapshots.

Here's before:

IMG_1099.jpg

and after:

Before:

imagejpg10.jpg

and after:

before:

imagejpg2.jpg

and after:

As soon as those decorative peppers bear fruit (and that will be soon as I spied one today!) I'll send snapshots again.
The after pics look simply amazing. That's the way I would like my flower beds to look, but it's so darn hot in the summer here, no matter how much I water them, they don't do well, so I end up planting green bushes, mostly...:(

I'd say Harper is the healthiest one on your prayer list FoxFyre. She walks and talks (as long as she can answer the question with no or meow).
[MENTION=21265]saveliberty[/MENTION]: That's great news Save. She was the inspiration for the Vigil List and is the one who has been on it from the beginning. Is she done with all the corrective surgeries now?

Getting close to her second birthday. Harper will need a surgery at six or seven. That one will take a piece of her hip and implant it in her upper gum. It forms the base for her adult teeth. Probably a cosmetic surgery for her nose in her teens.

No and meow aren't her only words. Wow and mama too, but you would be amazed how much that gets you at her age. :lol:

Well unless you want us to take her off, I just think given the history of all that, we'll just keep her on the list. And if the Coffee Shop lasts another five years, she's covered. :)

Well unless you want us to take her off, I just think given the history of all that, we'll just keep her on the list. And if the Coffee Shop lasts another five years, she's covered. :)

I looked deep into my crystal ball.

The CS will be here for a good, long while.

:D

Dayum. I woke up to overcast skies that is NOT fog and even got a few spatterings of rain but it stopped. Dammit. Now I have to water the yard after all.

Sorry to hear it. We just had a nice t-storm come through a dump a load of rain on us. Unfortunately that also means flash floods.
Finally broke down and ordered my wife a new (factory refurbished) Dell laptop but we now have the money. Her current one was given to me years ago because it didn't work. I fixed and upgraded it as best as I could but it was still slow, especially compared to the desktops. I got tired of her constantly complaining and me having to constantly "tune-it-up" to make it work faster. Shes one of those who has 10 things open at once and leaves them open then wonders why the computer slows down........ :mad:
The "new" one will fix that, it's fast enough and powerful enough for her to open as many programs as her heart desires and not slow down much at all. :thup:
As more $$ rolls in I'll replace my laptop. Already know what I want. :D

I looked deep into my crystal ball.

Sorry to hear that. At least they were able to save the one. I don't blame you for naming it. But why "Crystal"?

It has been a blessing to have her on the CS pray list FoxFyre. I just feel a little unworthy when folks have bigger problems such as Ollie and others. I want them to have the focus and benefit of our prayers. Maybe Harper serves the purpose of reminding us these prayers can work and offer hope to others here. Either way I'm okay with what your heart feels is correct.

Here's before:

IMG_1099.jpg

and after:

Before:

imagejpg10.jpg

and after:

before:

imagejpg2.jpg

and after:

changing it up this year I see

Forum List

Back