USMB Coffee Shop IV

I had a hard time sleeping Saturday night, so I went outside around 4am and the fog lifted well enough to see that big honkin' moon. And it was so nice outside...I stripped down to nuthin' and just stood there in it's light. Naked. First time I ever did that! :eek:

I wanted to take a pic of it but I knew my itty bitty digital camera would be able to capture it.

Skyclad.

70 cents a pound. Gotta be at least 15-20 lbs of 'em now that I got the bulbs off and it's just wire.

So you are recycling the copper wire?

Yes. Hubby has a setup in the back yard where he cleans his scrap metal. The xmas tree lights are piddly and too hard to clean the rubber off the wire, but we still get 70 cents a pound for it as long as the bulbs are snipped off with wire cutters. It gives us a smidge extra money for food, gas, etc.

btw...have you always been in the CS, Save? I haven't seen you in a long time! And, it is good to see you. :)

how much do you get per pound for copper now?

Yes. Hubby has a setup in the back yard where he cleans his scrap metal. The xmas tree lights are piddly and too hard to clean the rubber off the wire, but we still get 70 cents a pound for it as long as the bulbs are snipped off with wire cutters. It gives us a smidge extra money for food, gas, etc.

btw...have you always been in the CS, Save? I haven't seen you in a long time! And, it is good to see you. :)

In and out of the CS, but never a regular Gracie. More of a political warrior in days past. Now I just want a mellow place to chat, so the CS is awesome.

Clipping bulbs off xmas lights sounds therapeutic. Sort of like popping bubble wrap. Nothing like a string of bulbs not working to get a person worked up. Got to keep my wire cutters handy next season.

lol. I was thinking that this morning as I clipped. Birds singing, I am on the swing, big green bin in front of me stuffed with xmas lights...pop....pop...er..I mean..snip...snip.

And these lights work. But he gets them for 50 cents to a dollar per strand..and sometimes free. It all adds up in the end.

And yes..CS is a grand place to just hang out and chat. Kinda like xmas...ya never know what is waiting for you when you return and what subject is currently going. :)

About 2.20/2.30 CLEANED copper. Brass 1.70 per pound. He gets A LOT of brass. A local electrician brings us piles of copper wire when he is redoing houses. Hubby pays him half of what he gets at the scrap yard...so he goes there every two weeks with a truckload of cleaned scrap metal.

About 2.20/2.30 CLEANED copper. Brass 1.70 per pound. He gets A LOT of brass. A local electrician brings us piles of copper wire when he is redoing houses. Hubby pays him half of what he gets at the scrap yard...so he goes there every two weeks with a truckload of cleaned scrap metal.
not bad. how about lead. I know lead and tin cost a fortune to buy right now

40 cents a pound for lead. Not worth it and too damn heavy. Tin 6 to 10 bucks a pound (which is pewter).

btw...hubby hunts for old solar panels all the time. Lots of copper in them!

Friend of mine was renting a room with us for awhile and wound up marrying her childhood sweetheart that happens to be an ex felon. Nice guy, served his time, but had a helluvatime finding work. So..hubby taught him everything to know about scrapping. They moved to Los Angeles and now that guy makes 2 to 3 THOUSAND a month just from scrapping. Bigger town.Better pickings.

40 cents a pound for lead. Not worth it and too damn heavy. Tin 6 to 10 bucks a pound (which is pewter).

I'm paying about $2 a pound for lead and $15 per pound for tin right now. I usually buy about 100 lb of lead and 15 lb of tin at a time

You must be in a bigger area. Our dinky little town doesn't have much and the scrap buyer guy is cheap.
Hubby gets all his from swap meets and yard sales..and what the electrician brings him.

GoodNiteKitty.jpg

Afternoon everyone. My lovely friend seems to be getting back to her normal feisty self, if our text messages today are anything to go by. I like to see her in a mood for a good discussion!

Hope everyone is well here!

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
Ollie, Mrs O and family in the loss of their Angie,
Bloodrock's father-in-law in Germany,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, Sunshine, Jake and Hobbes.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

So Stat...did Germany go completely crazy with the World Cup win? I was wondering what the reaction was.

Well, I partied until I could barely find my bed, if that is any indication.

In Cologne, the partying was so heavy that trains were stopped.

I heard people honking horns until good 4 in the morning.

And you would not believe what a huge cup of coffee I am drinking today.

Ugh....

Forum List

Back