USMB Coffee Shop IV

Have a great Sunday, folks! Today is National French Fries Day...

FrenchFriesDayV2Jul132013.gif

a47874a2faa86361e60d96b92d3ecfe5.jpg

And be sure to put ketchup on them.....:D
And don't forget the salt ... :D

Nice weekend down the shore. Amazingly, almost 2 years later the are still signs if hurricane sandy in some places.

Saturday night was the super moon. I got a few pictures of it.

It really was an impressive moon last night. Thanks for reminding me with some pictures Spoonman.

I had a hard time sleeping Saturday night, so I went outside around 4am and the fog lifted well enough to see that big honkin' moon. And it was so nice outside...I stripped down to nuthin' and just stood there in it's light. Naked. First time I ever did that! :eek:

I wanted to take a pic of it but I knew my itty bitty digital camera would be able to capture it.

I had a hard time sleeping Saturday night, so I went outside around 4am and the fog lifted well enough to see that big honkin' moon. And it was so nice outside...I stripped down to nuthin' and just stood there in it's light. Naked. First time I ever did that! :eek:

I wanted to take a pic of it but I knew my itty bitty digital camera would be able to capture it.

Probably just as well, the light might have attracted attention to your "state". Might want to be careful, Spoonman apparently will use his camera. Does he live near you?

Nice weekend down the shore. Amazingly, almost 2 years later the are still signs if hurricane sandy in some places.

Spoon, is that Sandy museum still there? It was in either Point Pleasant or Seaside, on the boardwalk. Under a big white tent if memory serves...

Spoon, is that Sandy museum still there? It was in either Point Pleasant or Seaside, on the boardwalk. Under a big white tent if memory serves...

I'm not sure. I've never seen it

70 cents a pound. Gotta be at least 15-20 lbs of 'em now that I got the bulbs off and it's just wire.

So you are recycling the copper wire?

Yes. Hubby has a setup in the back yard where he cleans his scrap metal. The xmas tree lights are piddly and too hard to clean the rubber off the wire, but we still get 70 cents a pound for it as long as the bulbs are snipped off with wire cutters. It gives us a smidge extra money for food, gas, etc.

btw...have you always been in the CS, Save? I haven't seen you in a long time! And, it is good to see you. :)

Visited a bunch of relatives I hadn't seen in a ling time Saturday. Picked up my Yukon from my parents house after driving them home and drove by the local country club at 11:40pm. There were all these glowing green lights all over the course. Night golf!

All the carts and players were wearing glow sticks and the golf balls were fluorescent too.

Been thinking I need a new hobby. So...I have some river rocks in the back yard and I still have some acrylic paints. I went to ebay to look, cuz I don't do hobbies unless I can make a bit of money with it...hence the idea. I have done painted rocks before but it has been over 15 years since I have..maybe longer. Anywho...this one fetched 25 bucks! Hell, I will do that all damn day for 25 bucks a rock!

Canoe on Lake or River Large Cypress Tree Hand Painted on A Rock by G Gray | eBay

70 cents a pound. Gotta be at least 15-20 lbs of 'em now that I got the bulbs off and it's just wire.

So you are recycling the copper wire?

Yes. Hubby has a setup in the back yard where he cleans his scrap metal. The xmas tree lights are piddly and too hard to clean the rubber off the wire, but we still get 70 cents a pound for it as long as the bulbs are snipped off with wire cutters. It gives us a smidge extra money for food, gas, etc.

btw...have you always been in the CS, Save? I haven't seen you in a long time! And, it is good to see you. :)

In and out of the CS, but never a regular Gracie. More of a political warrior in days past. Now I just want a mellow place to chat, so the CS is awesome.

Clipping bulbs off xmas lights sounds therapeutic. Sort of like popping bubble wrap. Nothing like a string of bulbs not working to get a person worked up. Got to keep my wire cutters handy next season.

Forum List

Back