USMB Coffee Shop IV

Dayum. I woke up to overcast skies that is NOT fog and even got a few spatterings of rain but it stopped. Dammit. Now I have to water the yard after all.

Sorry to hear it. We just had a nice t-storm come through a dump a load of rain on us. Unfortunately that also means flash floods.
Finally broke down and ordered my wife a new (factory refurbished) Dell laptop but we now have the money. Her current one was given to me years ago because it didn't work. I fixed and upgraded it as best as I could but it was still slow, especially compared to the desktops. I got tired of her constantly complaining and me having to constantly "tune-it-up" to make it work faster. Shes one of those who has 10 things open at once and leaves them open then wonders why the computer slows down........ :mad:
The "new" one will fix that, it's fast enough and powerful enough for her to open as many programs as her heart desires and not slow down much at all. :thup:
As more $$ rolls in I'll replace my laptop. Already know what I want. :D

So happy to hear positive news for you Ringel. Still wanting even better for you and your wife.

The landscaper in me always starts looking at the porch construction, then the flowers. All I think when I see the flowers is, what no perennials? What a lot of work each year. It is very nice looking.

Last edited:
I was going to get a laptop awhile back but they were all windows8. Eww. NO. So..I just had Staples rebuild mine and it is running like a champ and only cost 158 bucks.

I was going to get a laptop awhile back but they were all windows8. Eww. NO. So..I just had Staples rebuild mine and it is running like a champ and only cost 158 bucks.

You can still buy laptops with Win 7, generally online. Some stores will load Win 7 if you ask them but they'll charge you extra for it.
I try to find laptops with no operating system and load what I want. (Windows is an Operating System - just in case you didn't know.) :D

6930483165_b692cd29c6.jpg

See all you good folks in less than a week

You can still buy laptops with Win 7, generally online. Some stores will load Win 7 if you ask them but they'll charge you extra for it.
I try to find laptops with no operating system and load what I want. (Windows is an Operating System - just in case you didn't know.) :D

Yeah..I considered that too. But the cost was 500 bucks and up. Just rebuilding mine was only 158 bucks.

Yeah..I considered that too. But the cost was 500 bucks and up. Just rebuilding mine was only 158 bucks.

If they did their job well, then you got a good deal.

Lord, it's 04:10 here, I need to slee..........................

I bought a laptop (last fall) with Win 7, and at some point it 'evolved' (devolved?) into Windows 8.

I never felt a thing.

Possibly because I use Classic Shell to emulate the pre-7 version. Windows XP, or Windows NFG or Windows Pissta, or whatever the f*ck it was called...

Staples did a fabu job. I was looking the laptops...finally focused on one I thought would suffice even though I was scratching my head, and the sales guy asked why bother with it when he could fix mine with a fast checkup to see what it needed. I was surprised, but pleased he offered. So...I went that route. I paid for a new "brain", and they tossed in a new mouse as well. Total coast was 158 bucks. Or something like that. It was less than 160, that much I remember. And they moved everything from the old brain to the new one so when I brought it home..no need to redo everything.

Staples did a fabu job. I was looking the laptops...finally focused on one I thought would suffice even though I was scratching my head, and the sales guy asked why bother with it when he could fix mine with a fast checkup to see what it needed. I was surprised, but pleased he offered. So...I went that route. I paid for a new "brain", and they tossed in a new mouse as well. Total coast was 158 bucks. Or something like that. It was less than 160, that much I remember. And they moved everything from the old brain to the new one so when I brought it home..no need to redo everything.

Well no wonder it's working so well for you. The rest of us are stuck with hard drives and you get a 'brain'. There's no justice.

Must_Eat_Brains_by_eduffy.jpg

I bought a laptop (last fall) with Win 7, and at some point it 'evolved' (devolved?) into Windows 8.

I never felt a thing.

Possibly because I use Classic Shell to emulate the pre-7 version. Windows XP, or Windows NFG or Windows Pissta, or whatever the f*ck it was called...
I beta tested Win 8, hated it, swore I would not "upgrade" to that OS until they got rid of that damned interface.

I called the American Legion Commander in Columbus Ga. His Chaplain will be there.....

When i get home i will compose a letter to the SMA (Sergeant Major of the Army) I will sent info copies to the Commander of the Chaplain Corps, The Inspector General, and the Commander of Ft Benning. Maybe the SGM of Ft Benning also. I'll have time to think about who all it goes to.....

In it I will remind them what the mission of the Chaplains Corps is and tell them about the total lack of service my Daughter received. Want to bet I get some responses?
You'll get some action from the SMA, I'm sure. This is unforgiveable.

It's uncanny the way they can eff things up at the worst possible time.

[MENTION=21265]saveliberty[/MENTION]: That's great news Save. She was the inspiration for the Vigil List and is the one who has been on it from the beginning. Is she done with all the corrective surgeries now?

Getting close to her second birthday. Harper will need a surgery at six or seven. That one will take a piece of her hip and implant it in her upper gum. It forms the base for her adult teeth. Probably a cosmetic surgery for her nose in her teens.

No and meow aren't her only words. Wow and mama too, but you would be amazed how much that gets you at her age. :lol:

Well unless you want us to take her off, I just think given the history of all that, we'll just keep her on the list. And if the Coffee Shop lasts another five years, she's covered. :)

I say keep her covered. :D

Windows 8 sucks big hairy ones. Staples said they sell more refurbished pcs and laptops than the new ones due to windows 8.

Good heavens. This has been a busy day to say the least. Whoever said that Mondays are supposed to be slow, I wish they would come and help me with my work ...

officesmiley.gif

busy.jpg

Finally get a chance to have lunch ... :thup:

Glad you got time for lunch! Don't want you to miss a meal, we know how you get. :D

Good heavens. This has been a busy day to say the least. Whoever said that Mondays are supposed to be slow, I wish they would come and help me with my work ...

officesmiley.gif

busy.jpg

Glad you got time for lunch! Don't want you to miss a meal, we know how you get. :D
I could handle skipping lunch, and the resulting hunger pangs. Since I fast on Fridays during Lent, I'm used to it, so it wouldn't be an issue. Problem is when the stomach starts growling. It's embarrassing when in a meeting ... :lol:

I may be the only person on the Planet who likes Windows 8 :) (But it did take me most of a year to get to that point.) I have Windows 7 on my laptop and Windows 8 (upgraded to 8.1) on my PC. And after using both for more than a year now I have made my peace with Windows 8 and prefer it to Windows 7. It seems to me to be a more stable system and it has some features that I find myself missing when I use Win 7.

officesmiley.gif

busy.jpg

I could handle skipping lunch, and the resulting hunger pangs. Since I fast on Fridays during Lent, I'm used to it, so it wouldn't be an issue. Problem is when the stomach starts growling. It's embarrassing when in a meeting ... :lol:

Oh that's right, you did fast. I've heard the stomach growls in meetings before. Nobody wants to acknowledge it but everyone knows where it's coming from.

Forum List

Back