USMB Coffee Shop IV

I take Mrs. Bloods Altima to get it serviced and inspected. There are no warning lights on. Guy starts it up takes it into the service bay comes in the waiting room and tells me I have a check engine light and it can't be inspected until I replace a sensor. I'm thinking WTF. NEVER had a warning light and the moment I want to get it inspected all of a sudden I need a sensor that costs $285 bucks. What are the odds?
Don't fall for it, Bloodrock. Get a scanner and see if you really have a faulty sensor. Mrs. Jughead used to have similar issues when taking my truck, or hers to the service station. I finally decided to invest in a scanner, so when I have issues like check engine light, rough idle, lack of power ... I just connect the scanner and diagnose the problem myself before even taking the vehicle to my mechanic. One time after I did a tune up on my vehicle, I noticed that the truck would stall intermittently as I was slowing down. I hooked up the scanner and got a code that one of the spark plugs was not connected. I checked, and sure enough I had forgotten to tighten one of the spark plugs ... :D. I still routinely hookup my scanner to make sure I have no codes on either vehicle.

Agreed! I have one of the scanners that I physically hook up to my laptop. The latest ones are bluetooth enabled. It is even possible to reset the codes from the laptop once you have fixed the problem. I bought it for the Mazda since the engine was the 3L Ford 6 cyl that was constantly burning out coils. It cost around $200 for the dealership to fix just one of them. With the scanner and buying the coils via the internet I saved myself around $1000 for just that one problem area.
Same here, Derideo_Te. I also have an option on my scanner to erase the fault code once I have fixed the problem. If the problem is truly fixed, the code will not reappear.

Dagwood_Sandwich_20070417.png

:lol:

Feeling much better today. Mrs. BBD is over at the neighbor lady's house quilting and will be there until about 1630 or so. She brought home 8 flowers yesterday and wants me to plant them for her today. The area she wants them planted in will be shady in about an hour so that's when I shall plant them. Personally, I could care less about plants and such in the yard. My theory is that if a lawn mower can be pushed over it, it needs to be cut. However, in my most cheery voice I said, "Yes dear". Good thing I feel better today... Just thinking.

This picture reminds me of when I was living in Williamsburg, VA before Mrs. BBD and I got married. I had a beagle named Chester. I came in from work one day and decided to take a quick nap on the sofa. I took everything out of my pants pockets and put the stuff on the coffee table and quickly fell asleep. When I woke up I discovered that Chester had eaten all of the money that was in my money clip. I found the money clip on the floor but no cash to be found. The next day, while walking Chester he was pooping out doggie poop with bits of money shredded in it. I had over $200.00 in that money clip. The thoughts of murder crossed my mind several times.

Good morning everybody. Kind of rough night for Hombre--couldn't sleep because he kept coughing himself awake and pretty much me too....but things are much better this morning. Started getting a little sore throat last night myself and went immediately on an ACV/honey routine and gargled with salt water--this morning no sore throat so I'm hoping I dodged a bullet.

I'm disappointed because we were supposed to go to the Dynamax Theater at the Museum of Natural History with the Senior Saints today to see a 3D movie on the huge big screen there, but alas there is no way. But there will be others.

We are getting a ridge of high pressure for the next few days so monsoon rains will be more iffy--it has been a great monsoon season so far for us--and the heat will build back in by the weekend with temps back into the high 90's and possibly low 100's. I am not looking forward to that--have really been enjoying the cooler days and needing a blankie at night.

But everybody have a great Thursday and Thor Day and I'm off for more coffee.

Everything should be this easy :)

funny-gif-abs-fat-guy.gif

I don't know R.D., find myself more surprised by easy things. Taking more time and effort than I think seems to be the norm. Also, I got more stuff breaking lately. Starter on the Yukon yesterday. Blade on a lawn edger and tire on a wheel barrow this morning. Going for back wheels on a push lawn mower this afternoon. My internet in broken at home. :mad:

Last edited:
Morning !
Have a Great Wednesday!!!!!!!!

I love Balloon Art :)

amazing-balloon-art-1.jpg

His hat looks like a blackberry, the fruit. :)

the blackberries are out and the woods around us are loaded with them. last sunday i picked about 8 quarts and didn't even make a dent in the bushes that border our property. the only thing is when they are producing fruit, it brings the bears out. When I came home last night there were two in the road. when I was walking to the bus this morning there was one trashing the neighbors garbage. he was so busy he never even noticed me walking out of the driveway.

Good morning everybody. Kind of rough night for Hombre--couldn't sleep because he kept coughing himself awake and pretty much me too....but things are much better this morning. Started getting a little sore throat last night myself and went immediately on an ACV/honey routine and gargled with salt water--this morning no sore throat so I'm hoping I dodged a bullet.

I'm disappointed because we were supposed to go to the Dynamax Theater at the Museum of Natural History with the Senior Saints today to see a 3D movie on the huge big screen there, but alas there is no way. But there will be others.

We are getting a ridge of high pressure for the next few days so monsoon rains will be more iffy--it has been a great monsoon season so far for us--and the heat will build back in by the weekend with temps back into the high 90's and possibly low 100's. I am not looking forward to that--have really been enjoying the cooler days and needing a blankie at night.

But everybody have a great Thursday and Thor Day and I'm off for more coffee.

:thup:

By the way, has anybody heard from 007? I don't believe he has posted for several days now and I don't recall that he had a trip planned. Hope he hasn't been sick.

haven't seen him around for a few days. I know Becki has been scarce too

I've been advised 007 is okay but not advised what he's up to. :) But you're right. Becki hasn't posted since the 12th and that worries me.

Forum List

Back