USMB Coffee Shop IV

Blackberries are the best, btw.
Especially inside a pie ... :thup:
blackberry-pie-b.jpg

Yeah, I like blueberry pie too.

images

Good stuff.

Blueberries > blackberries.

I also like to just eat frozen blueberries, and it's a taste I've apparently imparted on the little one. She actually just finished eating a bowl of frozen blueberries. :D

Morning all! Making plans to get us down to tournament next month. I have a bus but no driver - and having the company supply one is not an option, lol. The cost is way too much that way. Fingers crossed we get a driver!

Went to the gym again this morning. Another personal best - up to 60kg on the leg press machine, and 50kg with the adductor and abductor. Very pleased.

Well, I'm not doing well. Got the doctor to take off the cast and I'm wearing a boot but I can't even take my first step, it hurts too much. I'm suppose to wear this boot in bed for the next 3 nights too. At least I can take it off and scratch...but man, it hurts. I'm beginning to think I'll never walk again. (Yeah, I know I'm being dramatic but right now, if you asked me if I wanted a bone spur removed, the answer would be the complete opposite of what it was 6 weeks ago.)

Bummer Sheila. If things don't improve on a day or two maybe put the cast back on?

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
Ollie, Mrs O and family in the loss of their Angie,
Bloodrock's father-in-law in Germany,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Especially inside a pie ... :thup:
blackberry-pie-b.jpg

Yeah, I like blueberry pie too.

images

Good stuff.

Blueberries > blackberries.

I also like to just eat frozen blueberries, and it's a taste I've apparently imparted on the little one. She actually just finished eating a bowl of frozen blueberries. :D

This is a good smoothie: 1 banana, 1/2-1 cup of frozen berries (any type), 1 cup juice (orange is good). Put it in the blender until it is 'smooth.' It's cold and tasty. I love berries. Anything with berries in it is good. I like fresh berries on Greek type yogurt.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I mentioned I was going to a funeral yesterday. Honestly, it was the best funeral I've ever been to. He was 87 and lived a full life, so it was more about that people would miss him than that it was a tragedy. He was the grandfather of my VP of sales, she's my employee and my friend. My whole management team went to support her.

The interesting part was he quite drinking 27 years to the day before his funeral yesterday. Then he started a center to help other people with drinking problems. The place was packed, and it was a big place. People were standing in the hall when they ran out of seats. The guy who gave the eulogy was a very good speaker and he talked about how he had been saved by her grandfather. After that, the minister asked who else wanted to talk and one person after another stood up and said how he had personally helped them quit drinking. I was amazed, they were all good speakers. I guess most people are if we have something to say, and they did.

Finally the minister said we'd have to move on. We all went outside and did the military part of the funeral since he was in the service. He lived a rich life.

Forum List

Back