USMB Coffee Shop IV

We have most of what's left packed up and I was going to get the truck today but rescheduled for tomorrow. The last two days simply wore me out so I need a day to rest up, I'm not a 20 something (let alone a 40 something) any more.........

You and Mrs. R have been on the vigil list as being in difficult transition for a long time now. I hope after the move and you get settled into your new digs and the new job turns out to be wonderful and you are happy with your new home, we can finally take that off the list. :)
Unfortunately we had my neighbor confirmed to help today but he will be busy tomorrow so I just ordered moving help. As long as they can get all the big stuff we should be fine. We also have moving help set up for Roswell.

Hello Friends, I went to dinner and was hangry and filled up on chips and salsa. By the time my entree arrived, I was too full to eat it. When will I learn? :lol:

I eat crackers more, but chips are good as well. That sort of dry, crunchy snack food I can just keep shoving into my face. :p

That's the thing. It doesn't taste hi cal or 'junk food' so it is easy to just keep eating it. My one true vice left is popcorn. And I will keep eating it as long as it is there.

Popcorn is good, but I don't eat it much, because I just can't take the pieces getting stuck in my teeth and gums too often.

We have most of what's left packed up and I was going to get the truck today but rescheduled for tomorrow. The last two days simply wore me out so I need a day to rest up, I'm not a 20 something (let alone a 40 something) any more.........

You and Mrs. R have been on the vigil list as being in difficult transition for a long time now. I hope after the move and you get settled into your new digs and the new job turns out to be wonderful and you are happy with your new home, we can finally take that off the list. :)
Unfortunately we had my neighbor confirmed to help today but he will be busy tomorrow so I just ordered moving help. As long as they can get all the big stuff we should be fine. We also have moving help set up for Roswell.

That's a good plan. Hombre and I would help but neither of us are physically able to do that kind of heavy lifting anymore.

Hello Friends, I went to dinner and was hangry and filled up on chips and salsa. By the time my entree arrived, I was too full to eat it. When will I learn? :lol:

I eat crackers more, but chips are good as well. That sort of dry, crunchy snack food I can just keep shoving into my face. :p

That's the thing. It doesn't taste hi cal or 'junk food' so it is easy to just keep eating it. My one true vice left is popcorn. And I will keep eating it as long as it is there.

Popcorn is good, but I don't eat it much, because I just can't take the pieces getting stuck in my teeth and gums too often.

Hombre munches on it ever once in awhile, but usually declines for the same reasons.

Yep!
I'm doing the same today Ringel.
My old bones are hurting , so it's a day of rest for me today.
My fingers and wrists are hurting , as well as my lower back muscles from over doing yesterday. :biggrin:
Like they say, getting old is not for sissies. :)

My car's A/C is shot. I went to 2 places to have it looked at, and both agreed that I need to replace various things to get it working. The second place gave me a list of what needed replacing and the estimated costs. It would have ended up over $1500, which I was not at all willing to pay. However, I am pretty sure I can get the parts for much less money, and I have a friend who has some experience with cars (although not with A/C systems) willing to give replacing the parts a go with me, saving me the labor costs. I need a new compressor and expansion valve, and I can get both of those without issue. However, the list I am using from the last car shop also says I need "AC lines/hoses," which is pretty vague. There are a few different lines/hoses involved in the A/C. It also mentions the problem as "R134-A A/C line is leaking." I know that R134-A is refrigerant, but that still doesn't tell me for certain what line/hose I need to replace.

Do any of you with experience messing with cars happen to have any advice about what I would need to get if the R134-A A/C line is leaking? The car is a 2002 Saturn LW200 if that helps. There's a list of lines/hoses (along with some other parts) here: Condenser, Compressor & Lines for 2002 Saturn LW200 | GMPartsDirect.com but I don't know which would be the culprit. I don't think it is all 3 of the lines 6-8, as I recall the guy at the shop bringing the part up on the computer and I think it was just one piece. I also don't think that the tube part 9 is it, as the picture for the part was longer than that. So it's basically a choice between parts 6-8.

I may not have enough information, and maybe no one here knows about this, but I thought I'd throw it out there before I go buy parts. :)
You can usually get parts at any reputable auto parts store, just make sure you have the VIN number and all available information about your car (unless the AC is an aftermarket addition). You can buy R134 at Walmart (up here, at least), and the container will come with proper instructions.
Also: google "How to..." on Utube or some other forum. It will amaze you the stuff you'll find. When my brother needed to replace the brakes on his car, instead of doing it for him, I googled a "How to..." and he did the job himself.

Slow day at the Coffee Shop. :(

Harper was able to go home today. Pain management is still an issue, but surgery in your mouth is always a bit hard to painless. There is considerable swelling still, but I am hopeful to hear her speak more clearly (less nasally) and for the first time in life swallow water like most of us do. It is interesting that Harper has started to notice her younger sister doesn't visit the doctor as much as she does. There is a good chance she has thought all of this as normal up to now.
Hopefully, Harper will soon not need to visit the doctor as much? Crossing my hooks and sending best positive vibes to that sweet little girl!

Summer is here! The other night, I woke up to bright sunlight and looked at the clock, it was around 0900. I figured I had crashed hard and would squeeze a little more time before the partner showed up for his weekend. Went back to sleep and woke up around 1200, it was dark, grey and dreary. Oh, goody! Another wet, stormy day. But there was no wind as usually accompanies such storms. So I checked the cell phone clock and it was midnight! I had woken up at 9 PM the first time. And it only gets as dark as a cloudy, stormy day at night. Well, that will certainly change, even as we converse here. Slipping into darkness...

My car's A/C is shot. I went to 2 places to have it looked at, and both agreed that I need to replace various things to get it working. The second place gave me a list of what needed replacing and the estimated costs. It would have ended up over $1500, which I was not at all willing to pay. However, I am pretty sure I can get the parts for much less money, and I have a friend who has some experience with cars (although not with A/C systems) willing to give replacing the parts a go with me, saving me the labor costs. I need a new compressor and expansion valve, and I can get both of those without issue. However, the list I am using from the last car shop also says I need "AC lines/hoses," which is pretty vague. There are a few different lines/hoses involved in the A/C. It also mentions the problem as "R134-A A/C line is leaking." I know that R134-A is refrigerant, but that still doesn't tell me for certain what line/hose I need to replace.

Do any of you with experience messing with cars happen to have any advice about what I would need to get if the R134-A A/C line is leaking? The car is a 2002 Saturn LW200 if that helps. There's a list of lines/hoses (along with some other parts) here: Condenser, Compressor & Lines for 2002 Saturn LW200 | GMPartsDirect.com but I don't know which would be the culprit. I don't think it is all 3 of the lines 6-8, as I recall the guy at the shop bringing the part up on the computer and I think it was just one piece. I also don't think that the tube part 9 is it, as the picture for the part was longer than that. So it's basically a choice between parts 6-8.

I may not have enough information, and maybe no one here knows about this, but I thought I'd throw it out there before I go buy parts. :)
You can usually get parts at any reputable auto parts store, just make sure you have the VIN number and all available information about your car (unless the AC is an aftermarket addition). You can buy R134 at Walmart (up here, at least), and the container will come with proper instructions.
Also: google "How to..." on Utube or some other forum. It will amaze you the stuff you'll find. When my brother needed to replace the brakes on his car, instead of doing it for him, I googled a "How to..." and he did the job himself.

I bought the parts and have a can of refrigerant already. We'll see next weekend whether my friend and I can put the parts in successfully. :p

Summer is here! The other night, I woke up to bright sunlight and looked at the clock, it was around 0900. I figured I had crashed hard and would squeeze a little more time before the partner showed up for his weekend. Went back to sleep and woke up around 1200, it was dark, grey and dreary. Oh, goody! Another wet, stormy day. But there was no wind as usually accompanies such storms. So I checked the cell phone clock and it was midnight! I had woken up at 9 PM the first time. And it only gets as dark as a cloudy, stormy day at night. Well, that will certainly change, even as we converse here. Slipping into darkness...

LOL. I remember once Hombre's mom at the nursing home was really angry when we arrived to visit. Those people at the nursing home had brought her fish for breakfast! The very idea! Well she had forgotten that she had already had breakfast and had dosed off. When they brought her lunch, of fish, in she woke up thinking it was the morning wake up. We never did convince her. Bless her heart. She lived a tough life raising four kids in very difficult situation. She died when we were having her 100th birthday party at that same nursing home--she had been comatose for several days. But all her loved ones were there to love her on her way.

Well Harper is not eating well. She lost ten pounds and is down to 36. A combination of the mouth surgery and antibiotics. The doctor is watching the palate skin closely. Seems it is not getting as much blood flow as they would like. We got some problems. :(

Well Harper is not eating well. She lost ten pounds and is down to 36. A combination of the mouth surgery and antibiotics. The doctor is watching the palate skin closely. Seems it is not getting as much blood flow as they would like. We got some problems. :(

Fingers crossed that things find a way to correct themselves, or the doctor finds a way to correct them.

Am so sorry to hear she's not doing well. Hope the setbacks are just temporary. Prayers and best wishes.

Save, So sorry for the path your Granddaughter and your whole family is walking down... You are a good man and I would bet the farm your family are wonderful folks, take care and love Harper and all your family... Take care of each other...

So sorry Save. Will ramp up the prayer power and so hope this is just a temporary setback.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter), complications post op surgery a week ago.
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Nosmo's Uncle for good news and Aunt Roxie
Nosmo's Daisy
Hombre's sister
The Ringels moving in difficult transition

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

June's full strawberry moon is named for the fact that it's the best time of the year for ripening strawberries, and it also has a couple of names in the Honey Moon, Mead Moon and the Full Rose Moon. We will see it Wednesday night into Thursday morning with the added treat of Saturn at its closest point to Earth so that it will be the brightest 'star' close to the full moon--look for it just below the and to the side of the moon--probably on the right side though..
screen%20shot%202014-05-12%20at%203.53.42%20pm.png

Forum List

Back