USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy Birthday BBD!

003.JPG

Last 4th of July I grilled bison bratwursts, but because the meat is so lean the ends were a little tough. :)

This year I tried an experiment and baked them.
It turned out really juicy and delicious so I'm sharing if anyone wants to try it. :D
I love it when cooking experiments turn out well, sometimes it doesn't. :(

Turn oven to 350°

Use a small Reynolds oven bag.
Spread minced garlic on brats.
Put in oven bag, pour in low salt beef broth to cover brats half way.
Slice onions and apples and put them on top of the brats.
Cook for 30 minutes, then enjoy with brats with buns.

Last 4th of July I grilled bison bratwursts, but because the meat is so lean the ends were a little tough. :)

It turned out really juicy and delicious so I'm sharing if anyone wants to try it. :D

Turn oven to 350°

Sounds good. I would enjoy that I think. But we don't eat a lot of bison bratwurst at our house. So I just 'toast' the ones we do eat in the toaster oven until the skin is bubbly and browned.

I got a visit from Jehovah Witnesses today. I always try to be nice to them I figure enough people are probably mean to them.

Good for you. When we lived up on the mountain, on days I wasn't working outside the home and Hombre was working out of town, I would get so lonely I invited the Jehovah Witnesses in. No, I wasn't a candidate for conversion, but they were actually lovely people and good company.

I got a visit from Jehovah Witnesses today. I always try to be nice to them I figure enough people are probably mean to them.

Good for you. When we lived up on the mountain, on days I wasn't working outside the home and Hombre was working out of town, I would get so lonely I invited the Jehovah Witnesses in. No, I wasn't a candidate for conversion, but they were actually lovely people and good company.

I'm in Utah so it's rare to see a Jehovah Witness. :lol:

We used to get a lot of visitors from your state too. They also were delightful people though. :)

Where did I get the idea you were in Arizona with Peach???? Oh well. Utah isn't that far off.

Last edited:

We used to get a lot of visitors from your state too. They also were delightful people though. :)

Where did I get the idea you were in Arizona with Peach???? Oh well. Utah isn't that far off.

Well, I lived in Phoenix as a kid.

I'm baking a big batch of Calico Beans for a BBQ this afternoon. They smell DELISH!!!!

Turn oven to 350°

Sounds good. I would enjoy that I think. But we don't eat a lot of bison bratwurst at our house. So I just 'toast' the ones we do eat in the toaster oven until the skin is bubbly and browned.

You can do it with regular bratwurst also. :)

We were going to go up to Albuquerque and finish up today but both of us were so worn out we just couldn't do it so today is another day of rest and relaxation. Most likely we'll vegetate tomorrow also........

Turn oven to 350°

You can do it with regular bratwurst also. :)

I know. But unless it is something I REALLY want to do, I'm pretty basically lazy when I can justify being that way. :)

We were going to go up to Albuquerque and finish up today but both of us were so worn out we just couldn't do it so today is another day of rest and relaxation. Most likely we'll vegetate tomorrow also........

It is wise to know one's limits and not exceed them unless necessary to do so. :)

It's only roughly 3-1/2 hours to Roswell, but that is the longest 3-1/2 hours anybody will ever drive. When we were still working and on the road, we had to figure out where we could get a decent bite to eat with a bathroom in Vaughn which is pretty much the only place to stop once you leave Clines Corners. Is there still an operating gas station in Encino? We haven't been through there in about eight years. :)

It is wise to know one's limits and not exceed them unless necessary to do so. :)

It's only roughly 3-1/2 hours to Roswell, but that is the longest 3-1/2 hours anybody will ever drive. When we were still working and on the road, we had to figure out where we could get a decent bite to eat with a bathroom in Vaughn which is pretty much the only place to stop once you leave Clines Corners. Is there still an operating gas station in Encino? We haven't been through there in about eight years. :)
Encino is about dead, no gas stations that I noticed. As for eating we wait till we get to our destination. The only part of the trip that seems to take forever is the stretch between Vaughn and Roswell, five minutes into it I find myself asking myself; "are we there yet?" :D
Our typical stops along the way are Vaughn and Moriarty, we fill up at Moriarty, sometimes up to .20 cents a gallon cheaper than any of the rest, Cline's Corner and Vaughn are the most expensive.

I'm baking a big batch of Calico Beans for a BBQ this afternoon. They smell DELISH!!!!
I would love it, the wife on the other hand doesn't do beans.

These are so easy to make, it's almost sinful. You just mix up cans of beans (pork-n-beans, kidney, lima and butter), with fried bacon, browned ground beef, onion, celery, ketchup, dry mustard, vinegar, salt, brown sugar and liquid smoke - and bake for 1.5 hours. It's not really cooking - just an easy Hot Dish.

Forum List

Back