USMB Coffee Shop IV

Thinking of the Ringels tonight, hoping they are well and the move is going smoothly.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter), complications post op surgery a week ago.
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Nosmo's Uncle for good news and Aunt Roxie
Nosmo's Daisy
Hombre's sister
The Ringels moving in difficult transition

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

Have courage and be kind. . .
tumblr_o1ue1lWo3q1urw0yzo1_500.gif

Hello, friends, I am listening to fireworks outside my house. It drives my dogs nuts and then they drive me nuts. :lol:
Isn't it a bit early for fireworks? It's still only the 3rd here. At least we really don't have much "night" at this time of year. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to deter everyone. Some people just like to make a lot of noise and wouldn't appreciate the light show, and what it represents.

Hello, friends, I am listening to fireworks outside my house. It drives my dogs nuts and then they drive me nuts. :lol:
Isn't it a bit early for fireworks? It's still only the 3rd here. At least we really don't have much "night" at this time of year. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to deter everyone. Some people just like to make a lot of noise and wouldn't appreciate the light show, and what it represents.

My neighbors like to light off fireworks before and after 4th of July so I will probably deal with this all week.

My neighbors like to light off fireworks before and after 4th of July so I will probably deal with this all week.
Sorry.

Never thought about it, but today I've got EQ test and it showed very low scores (the middle score for normal people 42, for autists about 20, I have 12). It seems, I'm deep aspie, and I don't mind, how I could build career in this world further, if analysts tell, to the 2020 year 85% chances of career success would depend from the soft skills? :(((

I would not trust one EQ test as any kind of indicator of what to expect from yourself Sbiker any more than I would trust one IQ test as an indicator of anybody's intelligence. And the EQ test is much more likely to be widely variable than the IQ test is, guys on average score lower than women on average and Alpha males are likely to be the group scoring lowest. Wait until another day when you're feeling mellow and take another EQ test. You might find the numbers very different than the one you took today.

I've got a several different tests and it seems, I really need to join a special community to make diagnosis more exact :))

I have a lot of indications of aspie syndrome and it's really good, 'cause I know now, why my career so jumping in both directions and now I could prepare, how to avoid a negative things from my insensibility :)))

Never thought about it, but today I've got EQ test and it showed very low scores (the middle score for normal people 42, for autists about 20, I have 12). It seems, I'm deep aspie, and I don't mind, how I could build career in this world further, if analysts tell, to the 2020 year 85% chances of career success would depend from the soft skills? :(((

I've never heard of an EQ test before. I'm pretty sure I'd have a terrible score on any emotional stability test. :p

It's not about stability, but about a kinds of "soft skills" - how to contact with other people and acting in interaction.. and so on... :)

I've never heard of an EQ test before. I'm pretty sure I'd have a terrible score on any emotional stability test. :p

You are probably underestimating yourself re EQ as much as you sometimes do on your other tests. :) EQ however is not so much about emotional stability as much emotion drives you and, perhaps more importantly, how you read, relate to, and understand other people and how they are reacting to you, what you say, how you respond, etc. "E" is generally empathy as much or more than emotion on these kinds of tests.

You're discussing this with a guy who has the word hate permanently carved into his arm. You may be overestimating my emotional state. :lol:

If you want to compare, just see the "Good Doctor" series... Very exact movie about autism and how it could be :)))

Does anyone have special plans to celebrate?

My Aunt Betty has some filet mignon she wants to offer for lunch today, so we'll go over there after while and cook them for her. (She will be 92 in September but you would never know it--she is the proverbial energizer bunny.)

You are probably underestimating yourself re EQ as much as you sometimes do on your other tests. :) EQ however is not so much about emotional stability as much emotion drives you and, perhaps more importantly, how you read, relate to, and understand other people and how they are reacting to you, what you say, how you respond, etc. "E" is generally empathy as much or more than emotion on these kinds of tests.

You're discussing this with a guy who has the word hate permanently carved into his arm. You may be overestimating my emotional state. :lol:

If you want to compare, just see the "Good Doctor" series... Very exact movie about autism and how it could be :)))

Do you like that series? I find the concept fascinating though I haven't taken time to watch it much. I probably should binge watch it this summer.

It's not about stability, but about a kinds of "soft skills" - how to contact with other people and acting in interaction.. and so on... :)

Like Montrovant, I only know you here in the Coffee Shop with all the limitations of this kind of medium Sbiker. But I am not seeing somebody who is unable to assimilate in social situations. You became part of our little family here almost immediately when others find it hard to be comfortable with this. That suggests your EQ probably isn't as low as it tested. :)

My Aunt Betty has some filet mignon she wants to offer for lunch today, so we'll go over there after while and cook them for her. (She will be 92 in September but you would never know it--she is the proverbial energizer bunny.)

Sounds like a lot of fun. I love that she's still alert, active and participating in life.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I love that she's still alert, active and participating in life.

Me too. She has outlived all her immediate family and she and a cousin are the only ones remaining of her generation. Hombre and I, and on a limited basis our friend/quasi daughter Dana who is Aunt Betty's next door neighbor, are the only people Aunt Betty has that she can depend on to get there in an emergency, to be her driver to doctor's appointments etc. She still drives to easy-to-get-to places but feels insecure if it involves heavy traffic or is more complicated to get to.

Dana is a M.D., a couple of years older than our oldest kid, but since she developed serious heart problems and got the heart transplant, she has not been well since, so we are part of her support system too. She does have others she can call on though while Aunt Betty really doesn't.

I would not trust one EQ test as any kind of indicator of what to expect from yourself Sbiker any more than I would trust one IQ test as an indicator of anybody's intelligence. And the EQ test is much more likely to be widely variable than the IQ test is, guys on average score lower than women on average and Alpha males are likely to be the group scoring lowest. Wait until another day when you're feeling mellow and take another EQ test. You might find the numbers very different than the one you took today.

I've got a several different tests and it seems, I really need to join a special community to make diagnosis more exact :))

I have a lot of indications of aspie syndrome and it's really good, 'cause I know now, why my career so jumping in both directions and now I could prepare, how to avoid a negative things from my insensibility :)))

As Plato said, "Know thyself." I wouldn't wish Aspergers on anybody, but there are lots worse things, and if that is what you are dealing with, to recognize and manage the syndrome is both wise and brave.

Do you like that series? I find the concept fascinating though I haven't taken time to watch it much. I probably should binge watch it this summer.

I understand many of details in this series :))

Like Montrovant, I only know you here in the Coffee Shop with all the limitations of this kind of medium Sbiker. But I am not seeing somebody who is unable to assimilate in social situations. You became part of our little family here almost immediately when others find it hard to be comfortable with this. That suggests your EQ probably isn't as low as it tested. :)

It's only mean, I have abilities to verbal communication. Frequently I don't feel nonverbal way of communications, when I interact "face-by-face". It's a serious minus in office politics, when you're working as a middle-level manager and so on. So, as I think, I have to keep the maximal distance from any hidden office politics and have to try to organize all communications in formal way.
Maybe it would be good way to work remote with USA clients, who knows... :))

Forum List

Back