USMB Coffee Shop IV

The point is that Nosmo has a family he likes, respects, loves, and appreciates and also has close friends he feels the same way about. He is truly a blessed man.

Foxfyre, no truer words have been spoken today... The great part about Kings relationship, it is reciprocated... I just have a few regrets in life... One of the things I think I always missed out on was having a flock of brothers and sisters... Being a only child was, well lets say different...

I have 2 brothers; 1 older, 1 younger. My parents got divorced when I was perhaps 8 years old, and my brothers and I all lived with my mother. By the time I was around 12 things had gotten so bad between my older brother and I that I ended up living with my father. I can remember hitting him (my older brother) with a bicycle pump and punching through the glass pane of a door trying to get to him. He was very good at getting under your skin, and liked to do it often. It was something that even adults noticed and occasionally would comment on. Mix that sort of instigation with the bad temper I inherited from my father and you ended up with a terrible combination. Looking back, it must have been worse than I remember, at least in the day to day stuff, for my mother to have been willing to let me leave to live with my father.

Clearly having siblings can be wonderful...but it can be crappy, too. :p You may not have missed out on anything you wanted to experience by being an only child. ;)
We fought like pitbull dogs, my father even encouraged fighting by arranging matches between various factions of my siblings. Where and when I grew up, it was typical to fight with other kids on the block, usually over turf rights and building materials. My dad had a strict with your shield or on it philosophy. Guess that's what growing up as the offspring of a Marine means. Lots of my fellow Marine Corps brats were raised the same way. Warriors all!

My daughter called last night to vent about her marital problems. The partner must have noticed the topic and he got up and came downstairs and was to obviously listening and lapping up all the terrible information about my SIL. I really hate it when he does that because he will use such information later to pick fights with me and to be ultra-critical of my SIL (who is like a younger version of the partner, really). As soon as the daughter and I changed the subject to parthenogenesis in turkeys, partner decided he was pretty tired after all and went back upstairs to his bedroom. Why do some people have to listen in to conversations that concern them not in the least? Naturally, one of his first references this morning was to my daughter's perceived problems. I did not rise to the bait.
Some people are just assholes!

I have good news,and bad news about my personal well being.

The good news is I went for my six monthly dental check up today, and the dentist said not only don't I need any work she had never seen my mouth looking so clean. I explained that is because ever since she told me at my last appointment that I might loose all my teeth from gum disease I have been flossing and using mouthwash.

The bad news is I just looked up the causes of dizzy spells when you stand up, and it says the cause is abnormal control of blood pressure. I suppose I will have to go to the doctors about it eventually.

Vertigo or dizzy spells can be caused by many things from the most simple and innocuous like a mild ear infection to something more serious as you indicated. But yes. You should see a doctor about it.

The good news is I went for my six monthly dental check up today, and the dentist said not only don't I need any work she had never seen my mouth looking so clean. I explained that is because ever since she told me at my last appointment that I might loose all my teeth from gum disease I have been flossing and using mouthwash.

The bad news is I just looked up the causes of dizzy spells when you stand up, and it says the cause is abnormal control of blood pressure. I suppose I will have to go to the doctors about it eventually.

Vertigo or dizzy spells can be caused by many things from the most simple and innocuous like a mild ear infection to something more serious as you indicated. But yes. You should see a doctor about it.

I get dizzy and headrushes frequently, I also have fainted a few times over the years. I can feel when I am going to faint things start to go dark and it's like a little circle then I drop.

I have high blood pressure and previously was diagnosed anemic. Anemia can cause it, so can heart trouble and ear infections, also dehydration.

I would say go now, high blood pressure is nothing to play around with.

The point is that Nosmo has a family he likes, respects, loves, and appreciates and also has close friends he feels the same way about. He is truly a blessed man.

Foxfyre, no truer words have been spoken today... The great part about Kings relationship, it is reciprocated... I just have a few regrets in life... One of the things I think I always missed out on was having a flock of brothers and sisters... Being a only child was, well lets say different...

Yes it is different.
Mr. Peach and I are both only children. :)

Yes it is different.
Sooo, you've been lying, you two have never aged.... :eusa_whistle:

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter), complications post op surgery
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Hombre's sister
The Ringels moving in difficult transition

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

Looking ahead, July 11 is picking blueberries day and also teddy bear picnic day. We have house guests all week though so I don't know that I'll have time to do either. :(
Teddy-Bear-Picnic.jpg

Hey I finally found a condition I don't have ANY symptoms of. (Though now that they brought it up, I will probably develop some. :( )

36902174_10155269148662191_5109039597761855488_n.jpg

News from England, we are in a drought and have had very little rain since the beginning of June. The crops have failed, and there seems no end in sight.

There is football fever here as England go into tonight's game. If we win we will face France in the final on Sunday.

News from England, we are in a drought and have had very little rain since the beginning of June. The crops have failed, and there seems no end in sight.

There is football fever here as England go into tonight's game. If we win we will face France in the final on Sunday.

Would have give your post a 'winner' for England for good luck for the game but I would have had to give the winner for the drought too that is a bad thing. Predicting we'll be getting another El Nino later on that means wetter weather for us hopefully. Don't know if it affects you or not.

I'd send you some rain if I could. It's been raining pretty steadily for the last four days and everything is soggy here. I like rain, in limited & necessary quantities. My daughter's been experiencing monsoon season over where she lives. I'm sure she'd send you a bit of rain with a stiff breeze if she could.

If you like really good, not candy sweet, super creamy ice cream and you have it available you need to try Tillamook. Been eating it for about a year now, best I ever had. :thup:

Here's just a couple;

29e6ace8-f65f-409b-ba9c-4b9f23a7c5ef_1.d2623325938fa396c9ca06dd45d14201.jpeg

kdj-7I_372Ghzu04A2cNnQ-large.png

Yes it is different.

Yes it is different.

We both refuse to grow old, no matter how old we get. :laugh:
We will always think young!!!!!!!! :dance:

Yes it is different.

Yes it is different.

We both refuse to grow old, no matter how old we get. :laugh:
We will always think young!!!!!!!! :dance:

That's me. I honestly feel, think, process, care, hope, get excited, love, anticipate as strongly as I did in my 20's, 30's 40's, 50's--minus the unpleasant emotional roller coaster the young deal with--and I have as much interest in interesting things. . .BUT. . .my body more and more reminds me that I am not in my 20's, 30's, 40's. . ..

The thing I resent the most about 'old age' is it robs me of the stamina I once had.

It's the price we pay I guess for all the wisdom that accumulates just by living our lives.

This one's my favorite (next to regular old vanilla that is.......).

78f152b2-44ca-4bb2-8d14-bbd764189edc_1.efa154f9b7aa5793c14cf603768aaa1c.jpeg

We like Tillamook too and it is made from really good stuff. They are making Texas Blue Bell ice cream again after a long lay off and we're getting that in this area. Some say the best ice cream in the world and I do like that it comes in a whole half gallon container instead of the 3/4 half gallon as most ice cream is packaged.

But you compare the ingredients in Blue Bell with those in Tillamook, and Tillamook wins.

Forum List

Back