USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hello Foxfire and all France is world champion in football so we celebrated today, I'm a little tipsy tonight :badgrin:but hey I was absent from the forum for a long time and I'm happy to return to the forum.:)
Vive la France /Long live France and a video that represents Brigitte Bardot the woman with a heart of gold who loves animals just like me:thup:

Viva la France! Dalia. Congratulations on the world championship. And tipsy or not we are always happy when you stop by!

Hello Foxfire and all France is world champion in football so we celebrated today, I'm a little tipsy tonight :badgrin:but hey I was absent from the forum for a long time and I'm happy to return to the forum.:)
Vive la France /Long live France and a video that represents Brigitte Bardot the woman with a heart of gold who loves animals just like me:thup:

France actually won something??!!!

:D

Just joking, Congrats!!!

Yesterday was a tough one, got up early, drove to Albuquerque with a 5 x 8 trailer attached, loaded up the trailer, truck and the wife's car with all we had left there while the neighbor's ex-wife cleaned the house. Of course we had to wait for the storm that came through before loading the back of the truck and finally, exhausted and sore made the trip back here, got in just before midnight. Unloaded everything today, I hurt in places I forgot existed........

France actually won something??!!!

:D

Just joking, Congrats!!!

Last October the Rotarians held the sixth annual Oktoberfest at Thompson Park.

Daisy is a French poodle. When we went for our walk that day in the presence of German food, beer and music, Daisy spent most of her time surrendering.

37087808_2216209491727924_8173815865188286464_n.jpg

Long day today and I'm just enjoying a little computer time. I visited a local farmers' swap meet yesterday and acquired a breeding pair of heritage breed turkeys. They are Spanish Black turkeys, one of the oldest recognized breeds and reputed to be sweet and tasty. Of course, this is a breeding pair and I'll try not to eat them. Hopefully, the tom will find the two Narragansett hens I got earlier this summer attractive.

Long day today and I'm just enjoying a little computer time. I visited a local farmers' swap meet yesterday and acquired a breeding pair of heritage breed turkeys. They are Spanish Black turkeys, one of the oldest recognized breeds and reputed to be sweet and tasty. Of course, this is a breeding pair and I'll try not to eat them. Hopefully, the tom will find the two Narragansett hens I got earlier this summer attractive.

How do the chickens and turkeys fare in an Alaskan winter? Do they just stay in the shelter?

I went to the grocery store....... Don't remember seeing any turkeys..... But then again turkey wasn't on my shopping list........

Spent most of the day doing very little, went to Albertson's after dropping the wife off and while shopping realized just how exhausted I was. I found myself staring at the very short list wondering exactly what I was looking at...... Picked up a couple of items then went home a took a long nap. Was worried how the wife was doing at work being as exhausted as I am but she fared well, claimed she kept eating sugary items to help her keep going. Hopefully tonight we'll both sleep like the dead so to speak.

How do the chickens and turkeys fare in an Alaskan winter? Do they just stay in the shelter?

I'll have to make sure they have shelter and heat, if possible. I plan on moving them into one of the stalls in the new barn, the combined heat from the goats should help warm the place up.
The new turkey hen has found an ideal spot to roost, she hasn't come down all day! The tom has been out and about and apparently doesn't like my partner much. The tom gets pretty aggressive when the partner comes around, it's funny. One of the Narragansett hen turkeys raised hell with the tom, the other didn't even see him, apparently. I'm hoping to get a few turkey poults so I can put together some "do it yourself" Thanksgiving dinner kits, just add sides!

Wooh scary ! Its Friday the thirteenth, and its a full moon. The witches will be busy tonight.

For myself I could not sleep, but while laying awake I thought up how we can send the human race to other stars systems. Its a very simple idea which is almost do able with existing technology.

You build an atomic powered space ship and man it with artificially intelligent robots. You then load it with frozen human eggs and sperm. Also farmyard animals and crop seeds. The robots would fly the ship to a habitable planet, then build farms and create animals from the frozen stock. When they had suitable habitation and food supplies the robots would create human babies and rear them and teach them.

The mother ship computer would have all human knowledge in its memory banks and the space ship would require no oxygen , fuel, water or food. Its do able, don't you think?
You've been reading Robert Heinlein then?

Never heard of him.

Wooh scary ! Its Friday the thirteenth, and its a full moon. The witches will be busy tonight.

For myself I could not sleep, but while laying awake I thought up how we can send the human race to other stars systems. Its a very simple idea which is almost do able with existing technology.

You build an atomic powered space ship and man it with artificially intelligent robots. You then load it with frozen human eggs and sperm. Also farmyard animals and crop seeds. The robots would fly the ship to a habitable planet, then build farms and create animals from the frozen stock. When they had suitable habitation and food supplies the robots would create human babies and rear them and teach them.

The mother ship computer would have all human knowledge in its memory banks and the space ship would require no oxygen , fuel, water or food. Its do able, don't you think?

Never heard of him.

You would probably enjoy reading him Dajjal. He really is the guru or father of modern science fiction I think. He changed it to become less of a purely fantasy entertainment genre to one that could deal with complex dynamics of sociopolitical influences within cultures and civilizations. Whether you agree with his take on all that or not, he is a good read.

His books almost always make the best best sellers lists and receive 5 stars on Amazon.

Never heard of him.

You would probably enjoy reading him Dajjal. He really is the guru or father of modern science fiction I think. He changed it to become less of a purely fantasy entertainment genre to one that could deal with complex dynamics of sociopolitical influences within cultures and civilizations. Whether you agree with his take on all that or not, he is a good read.

His books almost always make the best best sellers lists and receive 5 stars on Amazon.

I have a fairly large library of books I have collected over my lifetime, but very little of it is fiction. I have classics of fiction like Aldous Huxley's ' brave new world' and Herman Hesse books, and 1984 by George Orwell.
But apart from that my library is largely non fiction, and a lot of it is philosophy and religion. I have a lot of unread books of that type, so no time to read more science fiction, no matter how good it is.

I am currently reading Bertrand Russell, 'history of western philosophy' I have had it for years and finally got around to reading it.

Never heard of him.

I have a fairly large library of books I have collected over my lifetime, but very little of it is fiction. I have classics of fiction like Aldous Huxley's ' brave new world' and Herman Hesse books, and 1984 by George Orwell.
But apart from that my library is largely non fiction, and a lot of it is philosophy and religion. I have a lot of unread books of that type, so no time to read more science fiction, no matter how good it is.

I am currently reading Bertrand Russell, 'history of western philosophy' I have had it for years and finally got around to reading it.

Each to their own and you are in very good company. I like non fiction too and I learn from people expressing their world view and opinion such as Bertrand Russell. But I also learn from those who illustrate the human condition through fiction, fantasy, imagination, possibilities. When I teach, I often use insights from fiction--books, movies, etc.--to illustrate real world issues and concepts.

Robert Heinlein does make a person think.

Just updated the software for Mrs. BBD’s navigation system in her Jeep. Before I could do that update I had to update the Uconnect software for her Jeep. That took an hour and the navigation software update took an hour also. However it is all completed and you can use it to navigate you in Canada, the US which includes Alaska and Hawaii and the US Virgin Islands. I am strongly thinking about using it to drive to Hawaii. Should be a fun trip but my biggest concern is finding enough gas stations along the way.

Just updated the software for Mrs. BBD’s navigation system in her Jeep. Before I could do that update I had to update the Uconnect software for her Jeep. That took an hour and the navigation software update took an hour also. However it is all completed and you can use it to navigate you in Canada, the US which includes Alaska and Hawaii and the US Virgin Islands. I am strongly thinking about using it to drive to Hawaii. Should be a fun trip but my biggest concern is finding enough gas stations along the way.

Well anybody smart enough to do the update on the software ought to be able to navigate to those gas stations I would think? Actually I am impressed. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter), complications post op surgery
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Hombre's sister
The Ringels moving in difficult transition

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

July 18 is National Hotdog Day
uberdog-amazing-hot-dogs.jpg

Forum List

Back