USMB Coffee Shop IV

Finally somewhat rested enough to start tackling the mess that is boxes, etc everywhere. We're using the smallest bedroom for storage and stuff was basically tossed willy-nilly in there during the move so organizing it was the primary goal for the day. It's done and I more than doubled the available space in the room. Next will be my "office" which entails temporarily moving stuff into the small room, digging items out of the garage and setting them up in the office then I can unpack the temporarily moved boxes.
Uummmm, so that's what squirrel tastes like........
You oughtta be a pro at this packing/unpacking gig by now.

As one who has probably moved more than any of you though, I can say you do learn a few tricks of the trade along the way, but no matter how much experience you have, it ever goes completely smoothly or efficiently, and no matter how much you prepare, it is still exhausting.

Hi all! I was kindly directed here by lumpy. I'm new here but have ample time to chat in the summer (as you can see) because I'm a teacher. But as July turns to August I will spend more time on schoolwork. Hubby and I will celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary next month and we have two children. Our son is 21 and daughter is 19. Son will begin his last year of college and daughter her first year late next month--hello empty nest!

Looking forward to getting to know some nice folks!

Hi all! I was kindly directed here by lumpy. I'm new here but have ample time to chat in the summer (as you can see) because I'm a teacher. But as July turns to August I will spend more time on schoolwork. Hubby and I will celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary next month and we have two children. Our son is 21 and daughter is 19. Son will begin his last year of college and daughter her first year late next month--hello empty nest!

Sweeeet, somebody actually listened to me... :)

.. and this isn't just anybody, I'm convinced SweetSue 92 is golden... :coffee:

Finally had some local rain in England today. It's the first since May. A man on the news last night said he flew in to England from France and the entire south of England was brown. The rain has come far too late to save the farmers crops, as they have failed. My garden lawn is brown too,

Last edited:

Welcome! Congratulations a long and apparently successful partnership with your husband. Someone will be along shortly to offer your complimentary beverage. I don't quite feel qualified to do that yet.

Foxfyre usually does this, but new people always get a first-timer's complementary beverage, as GW pointed out. I'm comfortable with my image searching skills, so here's one for you! :p

RuIHryCRnwtVRm4Aof_Fu4L9Oia6ReWuiFA0BlGz-nw.jpg

I thought this went well with your name. Hope you enjoy the Coffee Shop! :D

Foxfyre usually does this, but new people always get a first-timer's complementary beverage, as GW pointed out. I'm comfortable with my image searching skills, so here's one for you! :p

HEY! I have no problem searching for images. I just respect Foxy's option to be the first... Those do seem sweetie enough, though.
How's tricks, Montro?

HEY! I have no problem searching for images. I just respect Foxy's option to be the first... Those do seem sweetie enough, though.
How's tricks, Montro?

I'm almost done with this semester of school, so I've got to worry about a few final exams and I'm currently trying to get a management paper done. I hopefully have a trip to FL coming up soon, but I also have the school sending me notices through various channels that I need to pay for the next semester by the day I'm supposed to leave for FL, even though so far as I know I've been registered for my Fall classes for months and have had my financial aid approved for nearly as long, so I need to get in touch with them soon. Same thing happens every semester; it's as if the financial aid office and the bursar's office don't communicate. :banghead:

There's a bit of question at the moment about when I'm going to be moving out of here. My employer has said she doesn't know if she'll be ready for me to go in December; on top of the little things I do around the house like taking care of the animals, doing the dishes, etc., and beyond taking care of the little one here, I've also been taking the little one to after school activities and various appointments. On the other hand, the little one's dad, who I have plans to move in with, would prefer getting that done sooner rather than later. He's said he could wait a couple of more months, but with various details of his situation he'd rather not do something like get a place on his own for a year (he's currently renting from an acquaintance), then have us room together after that. So that situation will have to be discussed and resolved in the next couple of months, and I'm a bit worried about it. I know almost no one in GA, and the little one's dad is the only person here I know well enough to look at as a possible roommate; he and I roomed together before the little one was born, in fact.

I wish we had the 68 degree weather here that you find hot, too! :lol:

How's tricks, Montro?

I'm almost done with this semester of school, so I've got to worry about a few final exams and I'm currently trying to get a management paper done. I hopefully have a trip to FL coming up soon, but I also have the school sending me notices through various channels that I need to pay for the next semester by the day I'm supposed to leave for FL, even though so far as I know I've been registered for my Fall classes for months and have had my financial aid approved for nearly as long, so I need to get in touch with them soon. Same thing happens every semester; it's as if the financial aid office and the bursar's office don't communicate. :banghead:

There's a bit of question at the moment about when I'm going to be moving out of here. My employer has said she doesn't know if she'll be ready for me to go in December; on top of the little things I do around the house like taking care of the animals, doing the dishes, etc., and beyond taking care of the little one here, I've also been taking the little one to after school activities and various appointments. On the other hand, the little one's dad, who I have plans to move in with, would prefer getting that done sooner rather than later. He's said he could wait a couple of more months, but with various details of his situation he'd rather not do something like get a place on his own for a year (he's currently renting from an acquaintance), then have us room together after that. So that situation will have to be discussed and resolved in the next couple of months, and I'm a bit worried about it. I know almost no one in GA, and the little one's dad is the only person here I know well enough to look at as a possible roommate; he and I roomed together before the little one was born, in fact.

Your life is indeed complicated, Montro. That is a result of living in a normal, social situation. I much prefer dealing with fewer persons but do find myself shackled to another, just the same. I sure hope you get your situation resolved in such a way that you will be comfortable and happy, though.
Temperature is relative. I don't think I could exist in anything much warmer than it has been here lately.

Welcome SweetSue92. So happy to meet you and any friend of Lumpy's is a friend of ours. We hope you find the Coffee Shop a pleasant refuge form the sometime contentiousness out there on the other forums. So settle in and make yourself at home. First timers receive a complimentary beverage, and since it is the wee hours of the morning that I was able to check in, we'll make it a nightvcap:

2014-03-23-06.54.56.jpg

Hello Foxfire and all France is world champion in football so we celebrated today, I'm a little tipsy tonight :badgrin:but hey I was absent from the forum for a long time and I'm happy to return to the forum.:)
Vive la France /Long live France and a video that represents Brigitte Bardot the woman with a heart of gold who loves animals just like me:thup:

France actually won something??!!!

:D

Just joking, Congrats!!!

We won the two world wars but it's mostly thanks to the Americans even if some French people prefer to give themselves the Victory ;)

How's tricks, Montro?

Your life is indeed complicated, Montro. That is a result of living in a normal, social situation. I much prefer dealing with fewer persons but do find myself shackled to another, just the same. I sure hope you get your situation resolved in such a way that you will be comfortable and happy, though.
Temperature is relative. I don't think I could exist in anything much warmer than it has been here lately.

Temperature is indeed relative. We are encountering with daytime maximums ranging between the high 80's to the high 90's in a typical Albuquerque summer. So to us, it is HOT! We had family from the Dallas area for a week recently though who thought our weather was delightful and occasionally even felt chilly. It is all relative. :)

Sweeeet, somebody actually listened to me... :)

.. and this isn't just anybody, I'm convinced SweetSue 92 is golden... :coffee:

Awwww that's very sweet. I don't know about golden! Maybe....cubic zirconium? ha.

Welcome! Congratulations a long and apparently successful partnership with your husband. Someone will be along shortly to offer your complimentary beverage. I don't quite feel qualified to do that yet.

Thank you--yes, we are very happily married I would say! I appreciate the welcome.

Well, most are nice...... Then there's me........ :D

Welcome!

Hello Foxfire and all France is world champion in football so we celebrated today, I'm a little tipsy tonight :badgrin:but hey I was absent from the forum for a long time and I'm happy to return to the forum.:)
Vive la France /Long live France and a video that represents Brigitte Bardot the woman with a heart of gold who loves animals just like me:thup:

France actually won something??!!!

Just joking, Congrats!!!

We won the two world wars but it's mostly thanks to the Americans even if some French people prefer to give themselves the Victory ;)

Soooo, white flags are no longer standard French Army issue? :dunno:

Just joking. :thup:

Well, most are nice...... Then there's me........ :D

Welcome!

Yeah? Well no one here stinks up a litter box faster than me.

Forum List

Back