USMB Coffee Shop IV

Another gig last night, great time, grand bar , but man the equipment seems to weight 2X's going out what it did in....:) ~S~

Hey sparky. You look familiar but your name isn't on the Coffee Shop list so I will assume this is your first visit to the Coffee Shop? And therefore welcome. Are you a musician? And I don't know where you hail from, but I'll assume you're enduring the dog days of summer along with the rest of us and will order you something tall and cold for your first timer's complimentary beverage. :)

e0b6168fc77298ddb71f2bd6a5d1e1c8.jpg
Another gig last night, great time, grand bar , but man the equipment seems to weight 2X's going out what it did in....:) ~S~

Hey sparky. You look familiar but your name isn't on the Coffee Shop list so I will assume this is your first visit to the Coffee Shop? And therefore welcome. Are you a musician? And I don't know where you hail from, but I'll assume you're enduring the dog days of summer along with the rest of us and will order you something tall and cold for your first timer's complimentary beverage. :)

e0b6168fc77298ddb71f2bd6a5d1e1c8.jpg

Well i do thank you foxfyre , and that looks mighty good. :) No , i have no idea how to sign up, i'm an idiot with this device, sorry :( . And i hail from Vermont, i'm a full timer 'sparky', a part time 'musician', and as well as a retired ex-emt /ff ,30 yrs service , as well as aspiring farmer

thx

~S~

You 'signed up' just by coming in and posting. :) So again welcome, you come from a gorgeous state, and you will find other aspiring farmers, part time musicians, and some medical folks who come in here from time to time. I think you might be our first electrician though.

I just dodged a bullet! I almost had to lubricate the chihuahua's penis. :puke:

His penis had come out and wasn't going back down. Apparently that's somewhat uncommon but can be a real problem, and one of the things you can do at home is lubricate it to hope that helps it retract into the sheath. Thankfully it ended up going back in on its own after a while. :thankusmile:
Uuuummmm...gross! Good thing it worked out...or in!

Tomorrow (July 6th) is my birthday. I will be 67 years old. My age and IQ will be the same number!

BTW, Happy Birthday to my old internet pal, 007. It’s his birthday too.
Happy belated Birthday, pard. I turned 63 and bought myself a new hotrod...

... 2017 but still new off the lot, 2SS Camaro. My mid life crisis car... :lol: Thing is brutal powerful, 6.2ltr, 455hp, six speed manual, only have about 650 miles on it so far... has more electronic goodies in it than the 2015 Chevy Silverado, LTZ, Z71 I traded in on it had...

20180612_172921.jpg

20180612_173048.jpg

20180612_172935.jpg

Last edited:
Tomorrow (July 6th) is my birthday. I will be 67 years old. My age and IQ will be the same number!

... 2017 but still new off the lot, 2SS Camaro. My mid life crisis car... :lol: Thing is brutal powerful, 6.2ltr, 455hp, six speed manual, only have about 650 miles on it so far... has more electronic goodies in it than the 2015 Chevy Silverado, LTZ, Z71 I traded in on it had...

20180612_172921.jpg

20180612_173048.jpg

20180612_172935.jpg
Nyyyiiiccee!
You go for it, pard!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

20180612_172921.jpg

20180612_173048.jpg

20180612_172935.jpg
Nyyyiiiccee!
You go for it, pard!
I've had a couple other hotrods in my life, the last one being my 1970 AMC, AMX. I loved that car, even had dreams of driving it years after it was gone, so vivid I half expected to wake up and see it sitting in my driveway. And then, ya know, there were no hotrods for a long, long time. Horse power just disappeared. But they're making some awesome cars now, and I just had to have another one. It is a blast to drive.

20180612_172921.jpg

20180612_173048.jpg

20180612_172935.jpg
Nyyyiiiccee!
You go for it, pard!
I've had a couple other hotrods in my life, the last one being my 1970 AMC, AMX. I loved that car, even had dreams of driving it years after it was gone, so vivid I half expected to wake up and see it sitting in my driveway. And then, ya know, there were no hotrods for a long, long time. Horse power just disappeared. But they're making some awesome cars now, and I just had to have another one. It is a blast to drive.
I'm not really into cars, but I recognize excellence when I see it. I still have that '79 Corvette, and will have it until I have restored it. Right now, every day reality rules and the Corvette awaits my attention.

No further sign of my problem bear. Bears have been a big issue all over the area this year. They closed three National Park campgrounds this past week because of bear issues. Two days now and I have had no further bear incursions here but if the thing shows up it's freezer meat.
Right now, I'm feeling pretty tired and disgusted because my partner is suffering a severe case of butthurt and assholiness. I am so tired of being bullied into silence. There are more ways to bully a person than by physically abusing them. I've tried expressing this to my partner but he continues to use his passive-aggressive techniques to shut me up. It works, really does. How do you deal with this? I'm still trying to figure it out. Like a drug or alcohol abuser, he has to acknowledge the problem. Unfortunately, passive-aggressive abusers, even those who can acknowledge their problem, have an abysmal prognosis to solve the problem.

No further sign of my problem bear. Bears have been a big issue all over the area this year. They closed three National Park campgrounds this past week because of bear issues. Two days now and I have had no further bear incursions here but if the thing shows up it's freezer meat.
Right now, I'm feeling pretty tired and disgusted because my partner is suffering a severe case of butthurt and assholiness. I am so tired of being bullied into silence. There are more ways to bully a person than by physically abusing them. I've tried expressing this to my partner but he continues to use his passive-aggressive techniques to shut me up. It works, really does. How do you deal with this? I'm still trying to figure it out. Like a drug or alcohol abuser, he has to acknowledge the problem. Unfortunately, passive-aggressive abusers, even those who can acknowledge their problem, have an abysmal prognosis to solve the problem.
"How do you deal with this?"

I know this answer is simplistic and probably something you'd never consider, but me, I'd just break up the partnership.

So sorry, you deserve much better than that.

20180612_172921.jpg

20180612_173048.jpg

20180612_172935.jpg

Oooh that's awesome 007!!! I'm a sucker for shiny things. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I know this answer is simplistic and probably something you'd never consider, but me, I'd just break up the partnership.

Knowing that there are probably financial entanglements that make that not an easy thing to do, that sure seems like it would be the best thing to do.

Good night darlinks. We had a bit of rain come through that cooled things down early tonight so I am going to be earlier to enjoy it. No change in the vigil list.

Financial ties make that problematic. This is the flip side of not being "married". Owning property but not being able to persuade the asshole to let me buy him out...
I now (belatedly) understand how a passive-aggressive controls others. I also recognize that I am no more than another "treasure" in a hoarder's hoard. He doesn't respect me, he doesn't even like me much, but that does not make him any more likely to "split the sheets". I regret not recognizing this sooner. Now, I'm waiting to either die before he does, or he'll die before me...hopefully the latter.
This sucks.

This last Saturday went for a drive to help the wife relax so it was off to the Blue Stone in Alamagordo then up to Cloudcroft for lunch and finally back to Ruidoso to her favorite thrift/antique store. This store is good and bad, good because they have all sorts of awesome things for sale bad because I actually find things from time to time. A few years ago I found a 3X beaver Stetson for $30 that fit perfectly and this time I found a Hudson's Bay six point queen sized blanket for $68. Normally they're hundreds of dollars.

71xX12XhyQL._SX425_.jpg

Financial ties make that problematic. This is the flip side of not being "married". Owning property but not being able to persuade the asshole to let me buy him out...
I now (belatedly) understand how a passive-aggressive controls others. I also recognize that I am no more than another "treasure" in a hoarder's hoard. He doesn't respect me, he doesn't even like me much, but that does not make him any more likely to "split the sheets". I regret not recognizing this sooner. Now, I'm waiting to either die before he does, or he'll die before me...hopefully the latter.
This sucks.
I can't imagine anything being so written in stone. Any partnership can be dissolved. No way in hell would I spend my life waiting to die living in an abusive, controlling partnership. I'd bail on that so fast it'd make the other person's head spin. I'd see an attorney and simply present the other person with papers, and move on with my life... in peace.

That's just me though... just my opinion.

This sucks.
I can't imagine anything being so written in stone. Any partnership can be dissolved. No way in hell would I spend my life waiting to die living in an abusive, controlling partnership. I'd bail on that so fast it'd make the other person's head spin. I'd see an attorney and simply present the other person with papers, and move on with my life... in peace.

I have to philosophically agree 100% with you. I can't imagine staying in any relationship where I was mostly miserable.

But on the other hand, when you reach a certain age, the reality that there is only so much time left looms a bit more important. How many people stay in bad marriages because each is dependent on the financial resources or whatever of the other? I can see how a financial partnership could be the same way. The relationship becomes intolerable, but if the partner pulls out his assets and what he contributes to it, what is left becomes unsustainable for the other. It is a really bad situation.

But sometimes windows of opportunity for a solution open up at some point. We can hope that is the case for GW.

This sucks.

I have to philosophically agree 100% with you. I can't imagine staying in any relationship where I was mostly miserable.

But on the other hand, when you reach a certain age, the reality that there is only so much time left looms a bit more important. How many people stay in bad marriages because each is dependent on the financial resources or whatever of the other? I can see how a financial partnership could be the same way. The relationship becomes intolerable, but if the partner pulls out his assets and what he contributes to it, what is left becomes unsustainable for the other. It is a really bad situation.

But sometimes windows of opportunity for a solution open up at some point. We can hope that is the case for GW.
Very true... yes my opinion is always coming from the viewpoint of someone that has led a very independent life.

This sucks.

Very true... yes my opinion is always coming from the viewpoint of someone that has led a very independent life.

And if I was your age, I would probably have seen it as you do for the same reason. :) But at some point in our lives, it gives us a lot more pause thinking about starting over.

This sucks.

It would seem easy, but I have too much time and effort invested in my place to just dump it all and leave. I have offered to buy him out, or let him buy me out, but his refusal to do either is all part of the control thing he's got going. I guarantee, if he keeps pushing like he has been, at some point I will just pack up and jump. It's a scary proposition, though. I have so much wrapped up in the place, I'd be going away empty-handed.

Forum List

Back