USMB Coffee Shop IV

weather-humid-heat-mugginess-close-damp-ssen125_low.jpg

Happy belated Birthday, pard. I turned 63 and bought myself a new hotrod...

... 2017 but still new off the lot, 2SS Camaro. My mid life crisis car... :lol: Thing is brutal powerful, 6.2ltr, 455hp, six speed manual, only have about 650 miles on it so far... has more electronic goodies in it than the 2015 Chevy Silverado, LTZ, Z71 I traded in on it had...

20180612_172921.jpg

20180612_173048.jpg

20180612_172935.jpg
Nyyyiiiccee!
You go for it, pard!
I've had a couple other hotrods in my life, the last one being my 1970 AMC, AMX. I loved that car, even had dreams of driving it years after it was gone, so vivid I half expected to wake up and see it sitting in my driveway. And then, ya know, there were no hotrods for a long, long time. Horse power just disappeared. But they're making some awesome cars now, and I just had to have another one. It is a blast to drive.

I just can't seem to give up my 95 Mustang, Sweet Ole Loretta is like part of the family ( she survived 4 teenagers and my wife .. lol) ... a fun ride.

She doesn't quite look like this anymore ... :eusa_doh:

View attachment 206854

Not even for a 59' Vet?

1957-chevrolet-corvette-roadster-Copy.png

or a 62' Shelby Cobra.....

1502731248_97349.jpg

Mouth watering cars, although, the 59 could do with a paint job..
Nothing wrong with the paint job, I love that color combination, one of the original color schemes.

Nyyyiiiccee!
You go for it, pard!
I've had a couple other hotrods in my life, the last one being my 1970 AMC, AMX. I loved that car, even had dreams of driving it years after it was gone, so vivid I half expected to wake up and see it sitting in my driveway. And then, ya know, there were no hotrods for a long, long time. Horse power just disappeared. But they're making some awesome cars now, and I just had to have another one. It is a blast to drive.

I just can't seem to give up my 95 Mustang, Sweet Ole Loretta is like part of the family ( she survived 4 teenagers and my wife .. lol) ... a fun ride.

View attachment 206854

Not even for a 59' Vet?

1502731248_97349.jpg

Mouth watering cars, although, the 59 could do with a paint job..
Nothing wrong with the paint job, I love that color combination, one of the original color schemes.

Could it be my second choice or maybe third, just wondering?... :tomato:

Nyyyiiiccee!
You go for it, pard!

View attachment 206854

Not even for a 59' Vet?

1502731248_97349.jpg

Just wandered in, and saw you here. And I'd heard this is the place where one is remotely pleasant?

Hello .. even I'm pleasant here, if that helps..

I'm a .. :woohoo:.. on seeing you around the Coffee Shop Lady Mindful

Do you like instant coffee or do you insist on the good stuff?

oh, I can make tea.. :)

I don't drink tea.

I like cafetière. :04:

It would seem easy, but I have too much time and effort invested in my place to just dump it all and leave. I have offered to buy him out, or let him buy me out, but his refusal to do either is all part of the control thing he's got going. I guarantee, if he keeps pushing like he has been, at some point I will just pack up and jump. It's a scary proposition, though. I have so much wrapped up in the place, I'd be going away empty-handed.

Somewhere there's a lawyer who can fix this GW. I do not see much down side for you in following through.

Tomorrow (July 6th) is my birthday. I will be 67 years old. My age and IQ will be the same number!

BTW, Happy Birthday to my old internet pal, 007. It’s his birthday too.

... 2017 but still new off the lot, 2SS Camaro. My mid life crisis car... :lol: Thing is brutal powerful, 6.2ltr, 455hp, six speed manual, only have about 650 miles on it so far... has more electronic goodies in it than the 2015 Chevy Silverado, LTZ, Z71 I traded in on it had...

20180612_172921.jpg

20180612_173048.jpg

20180612_172935.jpg
Nyyyiiiccee!
You go for it, pard!

View attachment 206854

That's the way I feel about my little 1995 Subaru Impreza Outback. Not as sexy as your Mustang or 007's car, but it is special. And it still runs like new and it still looks like this (though it does have a couple of scratches and dings of small importance):

1996_subaru_impreza_wagon_outback_s_oem_1_500.jpg
I still have my old GMC truck too. I call it my "money pit" now, but, practically everything on it is new, drive train, suspension, the works, so it's a really reliable truck. Just put these used but reconditioned by me OEM fender flares on it, and a Lund tonneau cover on the bed. Put all new Delphi multi port fuel injection with a V-Max plenum hi-rise spacer in it last year too, and it already has a K&N cold air intake. I do love this old truck, it sure is fun to drive, drives better than new...

20180714_171806.jpg

Last edited:
Tomorrow (July 6th) is my birthday. I will be 67 years old. My age and IQ will be the same number!

BTW, Happy Birthday to my old internet pal, 007. It’s his birthday too.

20180612_172921.jpg

20180612_173048.jpg

20180612_172935.jpg
Nyyyiiiccee!
You go for it, pard!

View attachment 206854

Not even for a 59' Vet?

1502731248_97349.jpg
Both cars are awesome in their own right. I love them both. I'm no Ford fan, but I do love the Cobra, and the GT-40. I'd cut off my... well... something, to have either.

20180612_172921.jpg

20180612_173048.jpg

20180612_172935.jpg
Nyyyiiiccee!
You go for it, pard!

View attachment 206854

That's the way I feel about my little 1995 Subaru Impreza Outback. Not as sexy as your Mustang or 007's car, but it is special. And it still runs like new and it still looks like this (though it does have a couple of scratches and dings of small importance):

1996_subaru_impreza_wagon_outback_s_oem_1_500.jpg
I still have my old GMC truck too. I call it my "money pit" now, but, practically everything on it is new, drive train, suspension, the works, so it's a really reliable truck. Just put these used but reconditioned by me OEM fender flares on it, and a Lund tonneau cover on the bed. Put all new Delphi multi port fuel injection with a V-Max plenum hi-rise spacer in it last year too, and it already has a K&N cold air intake. I do love this old truck, it sure is fun to drive, drives better than new...

20180714_171806.jpg

And it looks new, like my 1995 Subaru that people are amazed is going on 23 years old.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

20180612_172921.jpg

20180612_173048.jpg

20180612_172935.jpg
Nyyyiiiccee!
You go for it, pard!

View attachment 206854

Not even for a 59' Vet?

1502731248_97349.jpg
Both cars are awesome in their own right. I love them both. I'm no Ford fan, but I do love the Cobra, and the GT-40. I'd cut off my... well... something, to have either.

Hair. I would cut my hair. :)

Every time I see Sec. of State Mike Pompeo I'm reminded of Pop. There is a similarity there that is undeniable.

Back in 2012 I was at a funeral in Brooklyn. I knew the immediate family of The deceased but everyone else there was a stranger. I sat talking to some friends of my friend when I saw a young man of 30 or 35 talking to my friend's son. My sitting posture put my eyes at the same height they would have been when I was six or seven years old. And that young man looked exactly like Pop when he was 30 or 35.

It was uncanny. I was looking at Pop from the same angle I saw him as a little kid. I asked the folks I was talking with who he was. They told me his mane and that he is a good friend on my friend's son.

I waited until the wake was breaking up. I stood in the lobby of the funeral parlor when I saw Pop's doppelgänger leave with his wife. I approached them, introduced myself and explained the weird yet bittersweet phenomenon I experienced. "I don't want to freak you out and have you think your children might grow up to look like me, but your resemblance to my father is really quite stunning."

It did me good, but I'm afraid that he, and Secretary Pompeo, should I ever get to tell him, would really be scared that their offspring might grow into the creature that looks like me.

20180612_172921.jpg

20180612_173048.jpg

20180612_172935.jpg
Nyyyiiiccee!
You go for it, pard!

View attachment 206854

Not even for a 59' Vet?

1502731248_97349.jpg
Back in the day I was a Ford truck man but you couldn't pay me to take a Ford car.

View attachment 206854

Not even for a 59' Vet?

1502731248_97349.jpg

Just wandered in, and saw you here. And I'd heard this is the place where one is remotely pleasant?

I don't drink tea.

No tea .. I'm concerned with (my) your, "English Rose" status..

psst .. I'm instant coffee, coca cola and just regular ole tea..

View attachment 206854

Not even for a 59' Vet?

1502731248_97349.jpg

I don't drink tea.

Instant coffee??!!!!!!!!! Heathen!!!!!!!!!! Blasphemer!!!!!!

Not even for a 59' Vet?

1502731248_97349.jpg

I don't drink tea.

Instant coffee??!!!!!!!!! Heathen!!!!!!!!!! Blasphemer!!!!!!

Real coffee and sugar gives me way too much nervous energy..

Annoying "Energiser" Lumpy...:lol:

Forum List

Back