USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just wandered in, and saw you here. And I'd heard this is the place where one is remotely pleasant?

Hello .. even I'm pleasant here, if that helps..

I'm a .. :woohoo:.. on seeing you around the Coffee Shop Lady Mindful

Do you like instant coffee or do you insist on the good stuff?

oh, I can make tea.. :)

I don't drink tea.

I like cafetière. :04:

No tea .. I'm concerned with (my) your, "English Rose" status..

psst .. I'm instant coffee, coca cola and just regular ole tea..
Instant coffee??!!!!!!!!! Heathen!!!!!!!!!! Blasphemer!!!!!!

Real coffee and sugar gives me way too much nervous energy..

Annoying "Energiser" Lumpy...:lol:
That's okay, I breathe instant air........ :D

Hello .. even I'm pleasant here, if that helps..

I'm a .. :woohoo:.. on seeing you around the Coffee Shop Lady Mindful

Do you like instant coffee or do you insist on the good stuff?

oh, I can make tea.. :)

I don't drink tea.

umm, does that mean you're on oxygen or you have a thing for canisters of tire inflator..:dunno:

I don't drink tea.

umm, does that mean you're on oxygen or you have a thing for canisters of tire inflator..:dunno:
*sigh* I need to lower my aim........

Instant coffee... Good grief. Drinking instant coffee is like finding out your girlfriend wears falsies.

Instant coffee... Good grief. Drinking instant coffee is like finding out your girlfriend wears falsies.
Drinking instant coffee is like listening to the Olympic opening ceremonies on the radio.

Drinking instant coffee is like trying to get comfortable on an antique sofa.

Drinking instant coffee is like going to a Chinese opera.

Drinking instant coffee is like watching fireworks on TV.

Lumpy:

BodumChmbrdCopperFrnchPrssSHF16

But now, I'm going to make an instant.

As I sit here drinking a tepid cup of instant coffee...

... all due to my own clumsiness. I was drying the carafe for my drip coffee maker and was careless and dropped it so, no fresh ground beans and good coffee for a couple days. First I tried to find a replacement carafe, but couldn't find one that I was sure would work, so to skip ordering the wrong one and the hassle of returning it, I researched "top ten coffee makers" and what not and did some reading, read reviews, etc, and settled on this little butte...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EI7DPPI/?tag=ff0d01-20

It actually gets about as good if not better reviews than any other coffee maker on Amazon, and the choice of either brewing myself one cup or a whole pot I think is a great idea. Tracking says it's "out for delivery," so after today, no more instant coffee for me... unless I drop another carafe.

Last edited:
As I sit here drinking a tepid cup of instant coffee...

... all due to my own clumsiness. I was drying the carafe for my drip coffee maker and was careless and dropped it so, no fresh ground beans and good coffee for a couple days. First I tried to find a replacement carafe, but couldn't find one that I was sure would work, so to skip ordering the wrong one and the hassle of returning it, I researched "top ten coffee makers" and what not and did some reading, read reviews, etc, and settled on this little butte...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EI7DPPI/?tag=ff0d01-20

It actually gets about as good if not better reviews than any other coffee maker on Amazon, and the choice of either brewing myself one cup or a whole pot I think is a great idea. Tracking says it's "out for delivery," so after today, no more instant coffee for me... unless I drop another carafe.

Yeah we aren't Keurig people or French press people or espresso people--I do appreciate a good espresso though--and when it is just Hombre and me here we make pretty darn good coffee in our el cheapo Mr. Coffee maker. We replace it every two or three years as it will become decrepit and less efficient with regular use. We do use the removable, washable 'filter' and replace the little round disposable filters that cover that ever now and then.

When we have coffee drinking house guests though, we get out the old-fashioned 30-cup electric percolator and it really makes great coffee.

Good morning everybody. Hope everybody has a zippity doo dah kind of day.

And good morning to you too sir and everybody who wanders through the Coffee Shop today. I crashed last night for some reason--eventually staggered off the couch and to bed and slept until almost 10 this morning which is really rare for me. But I must have needed it because I feel really good now when I didn't yesterday. So all is well.

Every time I see Sec. of State Mike Pompeo I'm reminded of Pop. There is a similarity there that is undeniable.

Back in 2012 I was at a funeral in Brooklyn. I knew the immediate family of The deceased but everyone else there was a stranger. I sat talking to some friends of my friend when I saw a young man of 30 or 35 talking to my friend's son. My sitting posture put my eyes at the same height they would have been when I was six or seven years old. And that young man looked exactly like Pop when he was 30 or 35.

It was uncanny. I was looking at Pop from the same angle I saw him as a little kid. I asked the folks I was talking with who he was. They told me his mane and that he is a good friend on my friend's son.

I waited until the wake was breaking up. I stood in the lobby of the funeral parlor when I saw Pop's doppelgänger leave with his wife. I approached them, introduced myself and explained the weird yet bittersweet phenomenon I experienced. "I don't want to freak you out and have you think your children might grow up to look like me, but your resemblance to my father is really quite stunning."

It did me good, but I'm afraid that he, and Secretary Pompeo, should I ever get to tell him, would really be scared that their offspring might grow into the creature that looks like me.

LOL. Don't forget SFC Ollie posted your photo with him here in the Coffee Shop just recently. Folks could do worse than looking like you. :)

One of my very best friends here is a relative of Secretary Pompeo, and she describes him as having a great dry sense of humor that can be hilarious. And so do you. :)

Forum List

Back