USMB Coffee Shop IV

Lumpy:

BodumChmbrdCopperFrnchPrssSHF16

But now, I'm going to make an instant.

I've been thinking about getting a french press, but also want a latte machine.

I enjoy lattes and cappuccino too and wouldn't mind being able to make them at home, but too much time and trouble and I have limited counter space as it is.

I have a french press. Tried it a couple times, didn't like it.

That's a pity. I love them.

Those who like them generally do love them. That's probably why you can always find some for sale. :)

I don't think I've ever tried coffee from a French press. Since I've basically given up coffee, I probably never will at this point. :p

I was never picky about my coffee. Drip, Keurig, instant, I just wanted a cup of coffee. I drank a lot of instant just because it's the laziest way to make it. :lol:

I'm even thinking of buying the beans, and grinding them myself, for an enhanced taste.
You'd never regret it. I bought a nice little Mr.Coffee burr grinder for coffee beans, and my younger sister got me a 2 lb. bag of Hawaiian Gold Kona coffee beans, and WOW, first cup of my own fresh ground coffee beans in my drip coffee maker, and I have my own well also so my water is outstanding, and I have been a coffee fiend ever since. I really look forward to my morning cup of joe from my FRESHLY GROUND coffee beans.

Those who like them generally do love them. That's probably why you can always find some for sale. :)

I don't think I've ever tried coffee from a French press. Since I've basically given up coffee, I probably never will at this point. :p

I was never picky about my coffee. Drip, Keurig, instant, I just wanted a cup of coffee. I drank a lot of instant just because it's the laziest way to make it. :lol:

Actually instant coffee is much improved over what it was when it first came onto the market.

I was just thinking my last trip to the Safeway about coffee... I remember how exotic it was going into the coffee Isle when I was a kid... The great aroma... Beans, Grinder, scale and paper bags... Of coarse there was cans of coffee for sale... My Dad said the world was going to hell in a handbasket when a 3 lb can of coffee was no longer 3 lb's…
Funny the older I get the more I have those memories...

I'm even thinking of buying the beans, and grinding them myself, for an enhanced taste.

If you find a good blend, it is worth the trouble for an extra treat. Too much trouble for us though, and we don't enjoy flavored coffee blends all that much, so we don't indulge all that often. Whatever was last on sale at the grocery store in ground coffee is what we usually drink. :) Our coffee grinder is used mostly to grind flax seed for a morning breakfast smoothie.

Well I'm liking this... matches my Mr.Coffee grinder... my old Mr.Coffee coffee maker was a deep red... I really like this though, going to run a couple pots of just water through it to get the new out of it... weird the clock numbers look so faded, they're very dark and bold standing here looking at them. Never can tell what kind of an odd artifact a digital camera is going to put in a picture...

20180727_141229.jpg

I just got done with my Coding II final. Initial grade is 88.6. However, there is one question I am certain I should have gotten correct, and it was worth 1.33 points, which may bump me up to a 90. There are a couple of others I was unsure about, so it's possible that I could end up with 2 or 3 questions right which are currently wrong, but there's only 1 I am sure of.

That's my last work for this semester, now I've got about 2 weeks off before the next (and last) semester begins. I'll be trying the 7-8 hour drive to FL Friday, hopefully with a working A/C (fingers crossed). That will hopefully get fixed on Sunday. I've never tried such a long drive, hopefully it goes well and my car doesn't have any problems on the way there or back.

Well I'm liking this... matches my Mr.Coffee grinder... my old Mr.Coffee coffee maker was a deep red... I really like this though, going to run a couple pots of just water through it to get the new out of it... weird the clock numbers look so faded, they're very dark and bold standing here looking at them. Never can tell what kind of an odd artifact a digital camera is going to put in a picture...

20180727_141229.jpg

Good looking coffee maker. And I like that red toaster too. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I was just thinking my last trip to the Safeway about coffee... I remember how exotic it was going into the coffee Isle when I was a kid... The great aroma... Beans, Grinder, scale and paper bags... Of coarse there was cans of coffee for sale... My Dad said the world was going to hell in a handbasket when a 3 lb can of coffee was no longer 3 lb's…
Funny the older I get the more I have those memories...

The smaller packaging is annoying as is 12 oz in a 'pound' of bacon or 1-1/2 quarts in a 'half gallon' of ice cream. :)

I get mine at World Market, my favorite is Amalfi Coast Espresso Roast. You can get a good but relatively cheap electric grinder at Wally World (Walmart). I'm not that big of an aficionado to use a French press, I stick with a drip coffee maker, lazy and I drink coffee in the morning by the bucket fulls.........

Had some left over Boston Butt and was tired of BBQ sauce so I shredded it, tossed it in the skillet with cumin, onion powder and garlic. Added a can of refried beans and a small jar of salsa roja, once it was done tossed it on a flour tortilla with cheese (and more hot salsa). Not bad, not bad at all. :thup:

As I sit here drinking a tepid cup of instant coffee...

... all due to my own clumsiness. I was drying the carafe for my drip coffee maker and was careless and dropped it so, no fresh ground beans and good coffee for a couple days. First I tried to find a replacement carafe, but couldn't find one that I was sure would work, so to skip ordering the wrong one and the hassle of returning it, I researched "top ten coffee makers" and what not and did some reading, read reviews, etc, and settled on this little butte...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EI7DPPI/?tag=ff0d01-20

It actually gets about as good if not better reviews than any other coffee maker on Amazon, and the choice of either brewing myself one cup or a whole pot I think is a great idea. Tracking says it's "out for delivery," so after today, no more instant coffee for me... unless I drop another carafe.

Yeah we aren't Keurig people or French press people or espresso people--I do appreciate a good espresso though--and when it is just Hombre and me here we make pretty darn good coffee in our el cheapo Mr. Coffee maker. We replace it every two or three years as it will become decrepit and less efficient with regular use. We do use the removable, washable 'filter' and replace the little round disposable filters that cover that ever now and then.

When we have coffee drinking house guests though, we get out the old-fashioned 30-cup electric percolator and it really makes great coffee.
Yup! One of my favorite coffee makers:
espresso maker.jpg

Actually instant coffee is much improved over what it was when it first came onto the market.

There are single serve coffee bags, like tea bags, and I've used those as well, because I'm lazy. :) I think they may have been more expensive than they were worth, but it was a long time ago.

There are single serve coffee bags, like tea bags, and I've used those as well, because I'm lazy. :) I think they may have been more expensive than they were worth, but it was a long time ago.
Used to use those when we were campaigning (Civil War & WWII reenacting), in the barracks we had a hundred cup electric percolator that took 45 minutes to perk. Used a half a can of the large Folgers or Maxwell House. I would be up an hour before revelry to get it going and get started on breakfast. In Civil War encampments we used a couple of large period (reproduction) coffee pots with the coffee wrapped in cheese cloth.

... all due to my own clumsiness. I was drying the carafe for my drip coffee maker and was careless and dropped it so, no fresh ground beans and good coffee for a couple days. First I tried to find a replacement carafe, but couldn't find one that I was sure would work, so to skip ordering the wrong one and the hassle of returning it, I researched "top ten coffee makers" and what not and did some reading, read reviews, etc, and settled on this little butte...

It actually gets about as good if not better reviews than any other coffee maker on Amazon, and the choice of either brewing myself one cup or a whole pot I think is a great idea. Tracking says it's "out for delivery," so after today, no more instant coffee for me... unless I drop another carafe.

Yeah we aren't Keurig people or French press people or espresso people--I do appreciate a good espresso though--and when it is just Hombre and me here we make pretty darn good coffee in our el cheapo Mr. Coffee maker. We replace it every two or three years as it will become decrepit and less efficient with regular use. We do use the removable, washable 'filter' and replace the little round disposable filters that cover that ever now and then.

When we have coffee drinking house guests though, we get out the old-fashioned 30-cup electric percolator and it really makes great coffee.
View attachment 207264
Supposedly percolating coffee is one of the worst ways to prepare it. :dunno:

View attachment 207264

My first and best coffee pot looked very much like this one:

It made the best cup of coffee ever. I still miss it.

Forum List

Back