USMB Coffee Shop IV

The seller has accepted our offer so now we move on to the inspections and loan finalization.
Also just got home from Albuquerque, wiped out but too sore and too tired to sleep right now not to mention my face hurts, sinus infection. Yes I was at the VA all morning getting it checked out while the wife was in chemo.
Fingers crossed that this will be your last move and that you and Mrs. R get settled in with little inconvenience. Do you still have your cats?
Thanks and yes we still have our "children"...... :D The landlady made sure they were fed while we were gone.

I love Fridays so I can get my fix of fresh cheese curds. Yeah... good ole Wisconsin, the dairy state... was raised on cheese...

20190322-205735.jpg

I love Fridays so I can get my fix of fresh cheese curds. Yeah... good ole Wisconsin, the dairy state... was raised on cheese...

20190322-205735.jpg
Yay cheese season. I make squeaky cheese curds sometimes. Reminds me, the kids are coming next month and cheese season will start soon after. Oh, goody, more work to fill my day...
It's always cheese season in Wisconsin, pard... ;)

I figure you're referring to up in Alaska though, and making goat cheese? I'd love to try some squeaky goat cheese curds! Sounds great man. Making cheese is an art. My grandpa was a manager of a dairy plant that made cheese. I've even ate super fresh cheese curds right out of the vat.

What a busy day! Started out with finishing quilting another 14" square for my little quilt-as-you-go lifelong project. lol
Long-lost nephew called so I spent most of the day with him. :)

Not much to contribute today, but I had a small rash that was itchy and driving me crazy. Then I remembered back when I was 4 years old, my grandma made a paste of some soda and put it on a little burn I had. Cooled it right off. So I ran to the net and loaded "List medicinal uses of baking soda. This was the longest list I found, written by a homemaker who'd recently "gone natural" and found out it was economical too. Details and links that actually work: 36 Uses for Baking Soda

bakingsodausespinterest-366x552.png

36 Uses for Baking Soda

I Personal Care

1. Freshen your breath
Mix 1 tsp of baking soda in a glass of water. Swish, spit, and rinse. Easy mouth wash that neutralizes odors.

2. Polish your teeth
Many people will use baking soda as a natural toothpaste. There is some concern, however, that baking soda can be too abrasive for everyday use (although there are plenty of people who swear by it), but even using it from time to time to help polish and whiten teeth is simple and effective. I’ll add a little baking soda to my normal homemade toothpaste every few weeks when I want a little boost.

3. Make your own deodorant
Some people will just sprinkle on baking soda as a natural deodorant. For my sensitive skin this is too much, but it is a key ingredient in my deodorant recipe that I love.

4. Gently exfoliate
Here’s a simple way to gently get rid of dead skin: Mix 3 parts of baking soda to 1 part water. Rub gently in a circular motion and then rinse clean.

5. Relieve Skin Irritation
Add a cup of baking soda to bathwater to soften your skin and relieve skin irritations.

6. Relieve heartburn and more
Baking soda is a safe antacid.

7. Relieve insect bites
Make a simple paste of water and baking soda and apply as a salve onto affected skin.

8. No ‘Poo
Many swear by the simplicity of baking soda as shampoo that’s finished off with an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse. Learn more about ‘No Pooing here. But also keep in mind how this might affect the pH of your scalp.

9. Keep your brushes and combs clean
Baking soda is great to help naturally remove oils, build up, and residue on your combs and brushes. Simply soak in a solution of water and baking soda (about 1 tsp of baking soda to a cup of water). Rinse and dry thoroughly.

10. Relieve Diaper Rash
Put two tablespoons of baking soda in your baby’s bathwater to help relieve rashes. (Poor baby!)

11. Pamper your feet
Soaking your feet in a baking soda solution will help soothe and soften tired feet. Mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda into a small tub of warm water and soak.

Sparkle Cleaning

12. Easy DIY soft scrub
How easy? Sprinkle some baking soda on your tubs, sinks, or tile and then wipe with a clean damp washcloth. Rinse and dry. You can also make a paste by mixing water and baking soda before hand.

13. Simple Floor Cleaner
This is great for tile floors: Use 1/2 cup baking soda in a bucket of warm water to help mop and clean floors.

14. Cut grease naturally
Add a heaping scoop of baking soda to your normal dish soap and let soak for a while. Baking soda helps gut grease and make it easier to clean.

15. Simple Air Freshener

Ironically, most air fresheners on the market are full of toxic chemicals that you shouldn’t breathe. Luckily, you can make this super easy air freshener using baking soda and a few drops of your favorite essential oils.

16. Easy Microwave Cleanup
Sprinkle some baking soda on a damp cloth and gently scrub away any microwave mess. Cleans and deodorizes. Win win.

17. Polish Silver Flatware
Another simple paste of 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water can be rubbed onto silver flatware with a clean cloth or sponge. Rinse and dry. And bask in the shine!

18.Baking Soda Oven Cleaner
Sprinkle baking soda over the bottom surface of your oven. Spray with a water bottle to dampen the baking soda. Let this mixture sit over night and then scrub in the morning. Rinse thoroughly.

19. Clean Crayons from Walls
Apply baking soda to a slightly wet cloth and rub lightly. Wipe off with a clean, dry cloth.

20. Boost Your Laundry Detergent
Adding baking soda to your laundry helps soften the water making clothes cleaner, fresher, and softer! Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to your laundry to extend detergent

21. Soak Cloth Diapers
Dissolve 1/2 cup of baking soda into 2 quarts of warm water and soak diaper thoroughly before going through the wash for a better clean.

22. Remove oil and Grease
Sprinkle baking soda on top of oil and grease stains in your garage. Scrub with a wet brush.

23. Deodorize The Refrigerator
Place an open box in the back of your refrigerator to help neutralize odors. Just be sure to change the box every couple of months.

24. Unclog Drains
Forget the Drano. Use baking soda and vinegar to unclog your drains.

25. Deodorize Garbage Cans
Simply sprinkle some baking soda on the bottom of your trash cans to help keep bad smells away.

26. Carpet Deodorizer
Sprinkle baking soda on your carpet and let sit overnight. Sweep up what you can and then use a vaccum to suck up the rest.

27. Freshen Coat Closets
Place an open box on the shelf in your closet to keep odors at bay and freshen the air and fabrics.

28. Absorb Toilet Odors
Add a cup of baking soda to the toilet and leave it for an hour before flushing. It will clean the toilet and absorb the odor.

29. Deodorize Cutting Boards
Sprinkle the cutting board with baking soda, scrub, rinse.

30. Deodorize Garbage Disposals
To help eliminate odors slowly pour baking soda down your drain while simultaneously running warm water.

31. Deodorize Litter Boxes
Cover the bottom of the pan with baking soda, then fill as usual with litter. To freshen between changes, sprinkle baking soda on top of the litter after a thorough cleaning.

32. Remove Odors from Your Hands
Simply rub your hands with baking soda and water to get rid of strong odors like garlic or onion.
33. Keep Flowers Fresher Longer
Keep cut flowers fresh longer by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to the water in the vase.

34. Neutralize Gassy Beans
Sprinkle a teaspoon of baking soda in the water when you soak beans to prevent gassy issue and improve digestion.

35. Produce Wash
Mix a quarter of a cup of baking soda in a sink full of water. Wash your fruits and vegetables in the solution, then rinse with clean water.

36. Keep Ants Out
Mix up equal parts of baking soda and salt together. Then, sprinkle the mixture wherever you see the ants coming in.

20190322-205735.jpg
Yay cheese season. I make squeaky cheese curds sometimes. Reminds me, the kids are coming next month and cheese season will start soon after. Oh, goody, more work to fill my day...

I figure you're referring to up in Alaska though, and making goat cheese? I'd love to try some squeaky goat cheese curds! Sounds great man. Making cheese is an art. My grandpa was a manager of a dairy plant that made cheese. I've even ate super fresh cheese curds right out of the vat.
I'd offer to send you some squeaky curds but if they "age" they lose their squeak. You can buy super nice cheese curds at the State Fair every here, though.
Yes, I refer to my own personal cheese season, after the kids are weaned and before the does start drying off after breeding. I've got one smoked provolone left from my last season and it smells wonderful! I'm waiting for a suitable occasion to breach that baby. Maybe when I decant my first new batch of mead?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I'm waiting to see if my ride back home will leave tonight, or not. If a direct flight is unavailable, flights into Travis AFB in Cali leave almost daily. I can always book a commercial flight out of Sacramento if I have to go that direction first. In the meantime, I've made another loaf of sourdough bread for dinner and a batch of sourdough chocolate cupcakes to leave with the family. I had to borrow an extra bag from my daughter to haul home all the souvenirs and gifts I got while I was here.
Yesterday we went to Okinawa World where they highlight Okinawan arts and crafts as well as feature a Habu Museum. Not exactly a petting zoo, that one.
My daughter and I bing-watched the last few seasons of "Game of Thrones" in preparation for the last season next month. We turned the remote control back over to the SIL so he can watch something he likes. It must be a great imposition on the man o'the house to have some visitor co-opt his remote controls.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Montrovant in difficult transition
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.

JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and for positive trend to continue.
Ringel for healing and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges in difficult transition
GallantWarrior for healing and wellness.
BigBlackDog aka BBD for healing and wellness
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

And a couple of days ago the first day of spring snuck by us (snuck is a word in Texas and New Mexico)
20905_633466456680099_1817916248_n.jpg

20190322-205735.jpg

I'd offer to send you some squeaky curds but if they "age" they lose their squeak. You can buy super nice cheese curds at the State Fair every here, though.
Yes, I refer to my own personal cheese season, after the kids are weaned and before the does start drying off after breeding. I've got one smoked provolone left from my last season and it smells wonderful! I'm waiting for a suitable occasion to breach that baby. Maybe when I decant my first new batch of mead?
Yup it does lose it's "squeak." I appreciate the thought though, bro.

Yeah those curds come straight from the cheese plant here in town, they're squeaky fresh every Friday and sold locally. They have a store front at the plant too, and they make all different kinds of cheese. I'm a kid in a candy store when I go down there. I especially love their salsa jack, man that's good, toasted in sammich with a hot bowl of tomato soup!

Hope you get home without much hassle.

They dropped the direct flight to Alaska so I'm back to watching the "schedule". Might be a trip to Travis AFB or they might add the Alaska flight back tomorrow. That's the adventure traveling Space A. I was pleased to think of flying on another C-17. Hell, how many aircraft can you toss out your Thermarest and rack out? No windows, so no window seats; no aisles, no aisle seats; the cold is tough to take but worth the trade off. You just dress and pack appropriately. I don't have to be back to work until midnight Wed-Thur and we're a day behind in Alaska.

Has anyone any idea where in windows 10 your favorites internet pages are stored. I cannot find a folder named favorites in the windows 10 directory, and I want to save my favorites list to a backup file on a usb stick in case I loose my favorites list on my computer. This may happen if I update to Microsoft edge which twitter keeps prompting me to do.

We have a LOT of friends and relatives in Texas and they report that Texas is having its most stunning bluebonnet bloom in decades this spring:

5c8ab660b118ae64a600c8c4-750-563.jpg

Has anyone any idea where in windows 10 your favorites internet pages are stored. I cannot find a folder named favorites in the windows 10 directory, and I want to save my favorites list to a backup file on a usb stick in case I loose my favorites list on my computer. This may happen if I update to Microsoft edge which twitter keeps prompting me to do.

I believe they are stored in your browser Dajjal. So if you change browsers, you will have to create new favorites on the new browser. Your old browser will keep your favorites until you remove them though, so you can just copy and paste the URLs from there to your new one and then create a new favorite on the new browser. I have Edge, AOL, Google Chrome, and DuckDuckGo on my computer and you have to create favorites on each one.

Forum List

Back