USMB Coffee Shop IV

Has anyone any idea where in windows 10 your favorites internet pages are stored. I cannot find a folder named favorites in the windows 10 directory, and I want to save my favorites list to a backup file on a usb stick in case I loose my favorites list on my computer. This may happen if I update to Microsoft edge which twitter keeps prompting me to do.

I believe they are stored in your browser Dajjal. So if you change browsers, you will have to create new favorites on the new browser. Your old browser will keep your favorites until you remove them though, so you can just copy and paste the URLs from there to your new one and then create a new favorite on the new browser. I have Edge, AOL, Google Chrome, and DuckDuckGo on my computer and you have to create favorites on each one.

Gdam it, I have a very long list of favorites. Quite a few are links to youtube music videos, I do not want to loose that list.

Has anyone any idea where in windows 10 your favorites internet pages are stored. I cannot find a folder named favorites in the windows 10 directory, and I want to save my favorites list to a backup file on a usb stick in case I loose my favorites list on my computer. This may happen if I update to Microsoft edge which twitter keeps prompting me to do.

I believe they are stored in your browser Dajjal. So if you change browsers, you will have to create new favorites on the new browser. Your old browser will keep your favorites until you remove them though, so you can just copy and paste the URLs from there to your new one and then create a new favorite on the new browser. I have Edge, AOL, Google Chrome, and DuckDuckGo on my computer and you have to create favorites on each one.

Gdam it, I have a very long list of favorites. Quite a few are links to youtube music videos, I do not want to loose that list.

Well as your go to I.T. person, I'm really not the one you would go to if you know what I mean. So maybe somebody will chime in today with more information?

Well as your go to I.T. person, I'm really not the one you would go to if you know what I mean. So maybe somebody will chime in today with more information?

Thanks, its ok, I did a search in windows 10 and found the file in C:/users/username/Favorites

We have a LOT of friends and relatives in Texas and they report that Texas is having its most stunning bluebonnet bloom in decades this spring:

5c8ab660b118ae64a600c8c4-750-563.jpg

So its global blooming now?

I think there's a star in the upper right hand side of the screen on the level with the where you are link is. I'm not sure how you do that, though.

I really have been slipping the last few weeks. I won't chalk it up to getting older but only that I have been intensely busy the last couple of months.

But. . .not only did I fail to note the arrival of spring a couple of days ago, but I failed to note the beautiful full moon that same day. The March full moon is the worm moon to announce the awakening of the creatures of the summer gardens which doesn't sound too romantic, but there are lots of other names to use instead:

The more northern Native American tribes knew the March full moon as the Crow Moon when the cawing of crows signaled the end of winter; or the Crust Moon because the snow cover becomes crusted from thawing by day and freezing at night, or the Sap Moon marking the time of tapping maple trees. Other names include the Chaste Moon and the Death (of winter) Moon. The early Christian settlers also called this the Lenten Moon and considered it the last moon of winter.

And with that, good night darlinks. I really do love you guys. No change in the vigil list.

He probably means backup storage location and if you do back up your bookmarks and settings you can just import to a new or reinstalled browser.

He probably means backup storage location and if you do back up your bookmarks and settings you can just import to a new or reinstalled browser.

Yea ! I sorted that, but I now have another issue. I have ordered a wimshurst machine to cleanse my aura of negative astral entities. NO REALLY.
I attended a lecture at the spiritualist association in the 1970s and the lecturer said if you apply a static charge to a person hearing voices it can remove negative astral entities from their aura and stop the voices.
I have heard voices in my ears for fifty years and I would love to get rid of them, but I am not sure how to safely expose myself to a static electric charge. It seems wimshurst machines with storage jars can pack a punch.
I had in mind trying to build up a small charge to start with and then increasing it if it is not too unpleasant.

After charging myself up I am going to touch the bathroom taps to earth myself and remove any charge before using my computer again because I believe static can fry it.

I just copied my favorites file to a usb stick and there were 488 items. I thought it was a long list, ha, ha,

I forget williepete: are you also in aircraft maintenance?

I'm not smart enough. I'm a retired pilot. The amount of data an aircraft mechanic has to master dwarfs what a pilot has to know.

I trusted my life to aircraft mechanics for 43 years. Words cannot express the gratitude and admiration I have for them. They keep countless people safe every second of every day. They are the Salt of the Earth.

iu

I forget williepete: are you also in aircraft maintenance?

I'm not smart enough. I'm a retired pilot. The amount of data an aircraft mechanic has to master dwarfs what a pilot has to know.

I trusted my life to aircraft mechanics for 43 years. Words cannot express the gratitude and admiration I have for them. They keep countless people safe every second of every day. They are the Salt of the Earth.

iu
I am so going to put that up as a screen saver at work. There are a few of us who like to express our personalities by altering the screen savers, this one will probably last until the boss sees it. He'll take it down because it might offend pilots.
But giving credit where credit is due, I doubt I could figure out those maps pilots use, at least without much study.

But giving credit where credit is due, I doubt I could figure out those maps pilots use, at least without much study.

With enough bananas, you can train a chimp to fly. Trust me. I've done it.

I teach ground school part time in my retirement.
I teach aircraft systems, avionics and procedures to pilots.
(Read: I toss bananas to chimpanzees).

Up on the 4th floor, aircraft mechanics undergo rigorous instruction. I often go upstairs to flesh out an inquiry. I've developed a relationship with the maintenance instructors up there. Whenever I can, I sit in on the maintenance classes.

I teach kick ass classes to pilots that I'm proud of but when I sit in a maintenance class, I feel like this:

iu

Last edited:

With enough bananas, you can train a chimp to fly. Trust me. I've done it.

I teach ground school part time in my retirement.

I teach aircraft systems, avionics and procedures to pilots. (Read: I toss bananas to chimpanzees). Up on the 4th floor, aircraft mechanics go through instruction. I often go upstairs to flesh out an inquiry. I've developed a relationship with the maintenance instructors up there. Whenever I can, I sit in on the maintenance classes.

I teach kick ass classes to pilots that I'm proud of but when I sit in a maintenance class, I feel like this:

iu
Until recently, I was teaching aviation maintenance at University of Alaska. My move out of the Anchorage area limits the amount of time I have to do that any longer. I specialized in hydraulics, landing gear systems, turbine engines, and auxiliary systems. As long as I taught, I was the only instructor who still worked full time on aircraft. I love the big Boeings and Airbuses. I also worked on DC-10s and MD-11s and caught the tail end of the DC-8 era. When UAA acquired a B727 that FedEx retired, there were only two or three instructors who knew much about it. Unfortunately, the school just doesn't have the equipment needed to keep up with that old plane. The UAA Aviation facility is located at a general aviation airport built on an old landfill in Anchorage so it was quite a show when the landed the B727 there..
b727 landing on merrill field - Bing video

Forum List

Back