USMB Coffee Shop IV

GW damn dude... Should have honked when you went bye... I understand how stuff happens when you are dealing with the military... Did you fly into Hickam or what ever the new name is? I would have bought you a cup of joe... Thinking you might still be here if you don't get into ANC until 0600 03.26.19... Sure could have pointed you in a better direction than Waikiki... I guess it can be considered a destination of sorts... Hope everything goes smoothly for you... Officers Club on Hickam used to have some really good chow and a pretty good environment... Happy Trails my cyber friend...
Damned! If I had thought of it, or posted earlier, I'd have loved having a cuppa with you! I'm sitting at HNL right now waiting for them to load the cattle car. I have to say, once you fly C17, you're kinda jaded when it comes to flying commercial. It just seemed like the flight crews scheduled to go to ANC were happier stalling in Okinawa. Sure sad I missed you.

GW damn dude... Should have honked when you went bye... I understand how stuff happens when you are dealing with the military... Did you fly into Hickam or what ever the new name is? I would have bought you a cup of joe... Thinking you might still be here if you don't get into ANC until 0600 03.26.19... Sure could have pointed you in a better direction than Waikiki... I guess it can be considered a destination of sorts... Hope everything goes smoothly for you... Officers Club on Hickam used to have some really good chow and a pretty good environment... Happy Trails my cyber friend...
Damned! If I had thought of it, or posted earlier, I'd have loved having a cuppa with you! I'm sitting at HNL right now waiting for them to load the cattle car. I have to say, once you fly C17, you're kinda jaded when it comes to flying commercial. It just seemed like the flight crews scheduled to go to ANC were happier stalling in Okinawa. Sure sad I missed you.
Never been on a Globemaster pretty sure they came out after I left the military ( :D ) but I did have the "privilege" of taking a 10 or 12 hour flight in a C 130 from Panama to Ohio....... no headset..... sitting next to the starboard inboard props.....
Couldn't hear anything for an hour after I got off the plane. It's weird seeing people talk to you and hearing absolutely nothing.

I didn't realize that the C 130 is still in production and has the longest continuous production run of any aircraft in history starting in 1954, the year of my birth........

c-130-lead.jpg.pc-adaptive.full.medium.jpeg

I didn't realize that the C 130 is still in production and has the longest continuous production run of any aircraft in history starting in 1954, the year of my birth........

c-130-lead.jpg.pc-adaptive.full.medium.jpeg

They fly them in and out of Kirtland AFB here quite frequently. A good friend of ours and 10 others were killed when one was on a routine training exercise and crashed in 1986. RIP Capt. Bill Stogsdill. Regardless they have a pretty darn good safety record.

1973 - 1974, Rodman Naval Station.

Well before me. I was there from 89 to 92. Used to go to Rodman to shoot trap. Never got good at it.
When I was first assigned my orders read 15th Naval District so when I arrived I reported to the 15th Naval District Headquarters....... The OOD sent me across the bridge to Rodman where I finally checked in, six months later the clinic commander got tired of submitting all my monthly paperwork to headquarters and had me officially assigned to Rodman...... :lol:

Never been on a Globemaster pretty sure they came out after I left the military ( :D ) but I did have the "privilege" of taking a 10 or 12 hour flight in a C 130 from Panama to Ohio....... no headset..... sitting next to the starboard inboard props.....
Couldn't hear anything for an hour after I got off the plane. It's weird seeing people talk to you and hearing absolutely nothing.
Old hands I know compare the C17 quite favorably to the C130. Big turbine engines, while noisy, are lots quieter than propjets. I much prefer traveling on the C17 to a commercial flight except the uncertainty of scheduling. If I were fully retired and travelling for leisure, the military flights would certainly be THE way to go.

Finally got home this morning. Honolulu airport sucks, guys. Worst service and facilities evah!
But then, I got home. I was hoping my partner would surprise me...uh, shocked is more like it. His goats have been running loose since I left, they destroyed 25 bales of hay, just trashed them. The Pyr was in the road because he won't tie her up. The little house dog had pooped on every wee-wee pad I left (almost 3 weeks ago) and was peeing in front of the door. I get the feeling he wasn't letting her out. He told me he was too tired when he got home in the evening. There was goat poop all over the porch and I had to sweep it off to get in the door. Didn't matter, though, because he hadn't bothered and there is goat shit smashed and tracked all over my floors, in addition to the dog's mess. I'll be throwing my little area rug away because I'll never get all the nastiness cleaned out of it. There are drifts of dirty paper plates and empty food wrappers drifted in the corners and under the table. The house is filthy and STINKS. My Lexus isn't any better off, either. Spring cleaning will be extra special for me this year, I think.
Note to self: 1) Don't travel unless you can find someone responsible to care for your place and animals. 2) Don't ever allow a hoarder to "care" for your stuff without constant supervision.
I am pretty unhappy right now. I've already hauled three bags of trash out of the house. The dog and goats dragged a lot of trash and scattered it all over the yard, where it's laying, soaked, awaiting my attention. It's 45 degrees out so I'm going to open some doors and windows and get some air moving through this place. Shit, and all I thought I'd have to contend with was three-week-old kitty boxes (partner will absolutely not clean cat boxes).
Apologies for the vent, guys. I am just so disgusted right now. Ugh!

Finally got home this morning. Honolulu airport sucks, guys. Worst service and facilities evah!
But then, I got home. I was hoping my partner would surprise me...uh, shocked is more like it. His goats have been running loose since I left, they destroyed 25 bales of hay, just trashed them. The Pyr was in the road because he won't tie her up. The little house dog had pooped on every wee-wee pad I left (almost 3 weeks ago) and was peeing in front of the door. I get the feeling he wasn't letting her out. He told me he was too tired when he got home in the evening. There was goat poop all over the porch and I had to sweep it off to get in the door. Didn't matter, though, because he hadn't bothered and there is goat shit smashed and tracked all over my floors, in addition to the dog's mess. I'll be throwing my little area rug away because I'll never get all the nastiness cleaned out of it. There are drifts of dirty paper plates and empty food wrappers drifted in the corners and under the table. The house is filthy and STINKS. My Lexus isn't any better off, either. Spring cleaning will be extra special for me this year, I think.
Note to self: 1) Don't travel unless you can find someone responsible to care for your place and animals. 2) Don't ever allow a hoarder to "care" for your stuff without constant supervision.
I am pretty unhappy right now. I've already hauled three bags of trash out of the house. The dog and goats dragged a lot of trash and scattered it all over the yard, where it's laying, soaked, awaiting my attention. It's 45 degrees out so I'm going to open some doors and windows and get some air moving through this place. Shit, and all I thought I'd have to contend with was three-week-old kitty boxes (partner will absolutely not clean cat boxes).

I can feel your disappointment,, and yes anger, all the way to Albuquerque. I hope you were able to hold your temper better than I likely would in those circumstances. Not only is it not a costly if effective lesson in who not to entrust with your property, I still feel it is a good lesson in who not to go into partnership with. But as always, hind sight is 20/20.

I can feel your disappointment,, and yes anger, all the way to Albuquerque. I hope you were able to hold your temper better than I likely would in those circumstances. Not only is it not a costly if effective lesson in who not to entrust with your property, I still feel it is a good lesson in who not to go into partnership with. But as always, hind sight is 20/20.
Costly for the partner because he buys most of the hay. 25 bales of hay is a lot of money for us, but his goats are all fat now, so he's OK with the wastage. Costly for me because of the amount of time I will have to put into making the place livable by most grownup standards. But I did resist the temptation to push to get my annual deep cleaning finished before I left. So, I'll just have more cleaning than I normally would for a Spring cleanup. Hold my temper and my tongue, that's pretty tough. When he asked what was wrong, I pointedly looked around me as I scooped up the piss-soaked doormat and threw it away. (No use trying to clean it, the smell will never go away, just have to get a new one.) Then he threw his usual temper tantrum and stormed out to leave. When I said nothing and let him go, he came back pretty quickly. He likes the attention when I "beg" him not to go. I'm pretty much done with that and am actually relieved when he does leave in a snit.

Not sure how to rate that one but I would definitely be considering a temporary insanity plea........ :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back