USMB Coffee Shop IV

I didn't realize that the C 130 is still in production and has the longest continuous production run of any aircraft in history starting in 1954, the year of my birth........

c-130-lead.jpg.pc-adaptive.full.medium.jpeg

Seems both of you have avoided being placed in mothballs.

I didn't realize that the C 130 is still in production and has the longest continuous production run of any aircraft in history starting in 1954, the year of my birth........

I flew on those more than a couple times in the AF. Loved that plane. They used to travel in packs of six when they'd land at Nellis AFB, sometimes covered in dust because they were out landing them in the dessert on the dirt. One rugged ole plane. I always felt really safe in that.

OMG! This just gets better n' better...partner came in from doing whatever it is he does outside. We decided to play a hand of cribbage. He took off his gear and came in to the living room. The stink was unbearable. I tried but after I pulled my shirt up over my nose, he got insulted and declared the game at an end. He's been sleeping downstairs in my bed but went up to his bedroom this evening. The stink lingers. I've been away about 2 1/2 weeks, he's been here for three weekends to care for the animals. I found out he hasn't showed or bathed since before I left for Okinawa. The stink in my house isn't just because he wouldn't take time to let the poor dog outside and she had to do her business on wee-wee pads and in front of the door, or the fact that the cat boxes haven't been cleaned since I left...a three week filthy human is pretty rank. He's been using my car, too. I thought that smell was me because I hadn't had a shower since the day I left Okinawa, two days ago. I hang my head in shame. How could I claim close affiliation with an animal like this? How can I find a way to "divorce" him?
OMFG... seriously man, why do you put up with that? Is having a "partner" that important? Good God, I'd go it alone and tell him to take a freakin' HIKE.

I wouldn't put up with that from anyone, for any reason.

I'm sorry pard but that dude sounds like a real MORON. A filthy moron.

Last edited:
Finally got home this morning. Honolulu airport sucks, guys. Worst service and facilities evah!
But then, I got home. I was hoping my partner would surprise me...uh, shocked is more like it. His goats have been running loose since I left, they destroyed 25 bales of hay, just trashed them. The Pyr was in the road because he won't tie her up. The little house dog had pooped on every wee-wee pad I left (almost 3 weeks ago) and was peeing in front of the door. I get the feeling he wasn't letting her out. He told me he was too tired when he got home in the evening. There was goat poop all over the porch and I had to sweep it off to get in the door. Didn't matter, though, because he hadn't bothered and there is goat shit smashed and tracked all over my floors, in addition to the dog's mess. I'll be throwing my little area rug away because I'll never get all the nastiness cleaned out of it. There are drifts of dirty paper plates and empty food wrappers drifted in the corners and under the table. The house is filthy and STINKS. My Lexus isn't any better off, either. Spring cleaning will be extra special for me this year, I think.
Note to self: 1) Don't travel unless you can find someone responsible to care for your place and animals. 2) Don't ever allow a hoarder to "care" for your stuff without constant supervision.
I am pretty unhappy right now. I've already hauled three bags of trash out of the house. The dog and goats dragged a lot of trash and scattered it all over the yard, where it's laying, soaked, awaiting my attention. It's 45 degrees out so I'm going to open some doors and windows and get some air moving through this place. Shit, and all I thought I'd have to contend with was three-week-old kitty boxes (partner will absolutely not clean cat boxes).
Apologies for the vent, guys. I am just so disgusted right now. Ugh!

If you hadn't mentioned partner, I'd have assumed you left a teenager behind.

Thursday should be trying at work. We should have five clerks. We only have four, minus one filling in as supervisor, one off for a doctor visit and a third covering another office. That leaves...oh let's see...me....

The wife and I talked it over and decided to cancel the purchase of the house in Albuquerque and continue looking. While the price is right and it's close to the neighborhood she likes it's just not what we want, decided to keep looking and most likely we'll end up in Rio Rancho or NW Albuquerque. That's fine because neither of us will be working so we don't have to worry about morning and evening commutes across the river.

The wife and I talked it over and decided to cancel the purchase of the house in Albuquerque and continue looking. While the price is right and it's close to the neighborhood she likes it's just not what we want, decided to keep looking and most likely we'll end up in Rio Rancho or NW Albuquerque. That's fine because neither of us will be working so we don't have to worry about morning and evening commutes across the river.

Normally I try to avoid river crossings too.

th

My job search is so far going nowhere. I did get to take the postal exam, but that hasn't led to anything despite my passing it, and right now there are very few open postal positions. By very few, I mean the USPS site shows 3 in the entire state of Georgia (and 2 in all of Florida, which I checked out of curiosity). My employer is selling the house, which is supposed to happen on the 25th of April, or the 19th if they can get it pushed up a little. I'm not going with them to the new house. My plan had been to move in with the little one's father, and despite my inability to so far find a new job, I could do that with my savings if necessary, at least for a little while. I'd have to stop looking for jobs I want and just take anything available, but I could do it. Unfortunately, he's not in a position to do that now, and I'm not sure when he will be, so I'm having to view things as if that won't be happening.

Luckily I have friends who live about an hour's drive away who are willing to take me in until I can get myself into a new job and find a place to live. Unfortunately, I don't think my current job is really much help in my job search. Unless I try to get some sort of childcare position, my experience for the past decade is fairly worthless. I've got my associate's, but none of the various healthcare places/positions I've applied for have shown any interest. I've been mostly avoiding applying to jobs in Atlanta, because I very much would like to avoid having to commute there, but that's where most of the jobs are.

It's a frustrating time at the moment.

Passing the postal exam is good, but you need a high score to get interviews. Veterans get bonus points. Looks like the USPS careers website is transitioning to a new format this week, so a lot of the jobs are not visible right now.

I hope that's it, otherwise there are almost no postal openings anywhere. :p

My score was closer to 80 than 70, but it wasn't as high as I'd hoped. I think that was more due to the personality assessment than the technical portion, as I think I did quite well there. There's no way to know for sure, of course, since I don't know how the scoring is actually done. :)

Hopefully they get the new format done soon so I can start applying to more positions.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Montrovant in difficult transition
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.

JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and for positive trend to continue.
Ringel for healing and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges in difficult transition
GallantWarrior for healing and wellness.
BigBlackDog aka BBD for healing and wellness
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

Springtime in Georgia
DSC_0409.jpg

I flew on those more than a couple times in the AF. Loved that plane. They used to travel in packs of six when they'd land at Nellis AFB, sometimes covered in dust because they were out landing them in the dessert on the dirt. One rugged ole plane. I always felt really safe in that.
I talked to a buddy of mine who was a crew chief on a C130 and now works for the FAA. He said that the C17 will not be replacing all the C130 because the C130 has far superior short field capabilities. They just upgraded and dubbed it the 'J' model, Super Hercules.
newest c130 - Bing video

OMG! This just gets better n' better...partner came in from doing whatever it is he does outside. We decided to play a hand of cribbage. He took off his gear and came in to the living room. The stink was unbearable. I tried but after I pulled my shirt up over my nose, he got insulted and declared the game at an end. He's been sleeping downstairs in my bed but went up to his bedroom this evening. The stink lingers. I've been away about 2 1/2 weeks, he's been here for three weekends to care for the animals. I found out he hasn't showed or bathed since before I left for Okinawa. The stink in my house isn't just because he wouldn't take time to let the poor dog outside and she had to do her business on wee-wee pads and in front of the door, or the fact that the cat boxes haven't been cleaned since I left...a three week filthy human is pretty rank. He's been using my car, too. I thought that smell was me because I hadn't had a shower since the day I left Okinawa, two days ago. I hang my head in shame. How could I claim close affiliation with an animal like this? How can I find a way to "divorce" him?
OMFG... seriously man, why do you put up with that? Is having a "partner" that important? Good God, I'd go it alone and tell him to take a freakin' HIKE.

I wouldn't put up with that from anyone, for any reason.

I'm sorry pard but that dude sounds like a real MORON. A filthy moron.
If I had the money, I'd go see a lawyer. I had some money put aside but just before I left for Okinawa, someone hacked my savings account and cleaned me out. I've taken care of that situation and am slowly rebuilding my savings...in a new account in another bank.
He's gotten the message and will be converting the hay loft in the new barn into living quarters. I'm not sure the goats will approve, though.

Finally got home this morning. Honolulu airport sucks, guys. Worst service and facilities evah!
But then, I got home. I was hoping my partner would surprise me...uh, shocked is more like it. His goats have been running loose since I left, they destroyed 25 bales of hay, just trashed them. The Pyr was in the road because he won't tie her up. The little house dog had pooped on every wee-wee pad I left (almost 3 weeks ago) and was peeing in front of the door. I get the feeling he wasn't letting her out. He told me he was too tired when he got home in the evening. There was goat poop all over the porch and I had to sweep it off to get in the door. Didn't matter, though, because he hadn't bothered and there is goat shit smashed and tracked all over my floors, in addition to the dog's mess. I'll be throwing my little area rug away because I'll never get all the nastiness cleaned out of it. There are drifts of dirty paper plates and empty food wrappers drifted in the corners and under the table. The house is filthy and STINKS. My Lexus isn't any better off, either. Spring cleaning will be extra special for me this year, I think.
Note to self: 1) Don't travel unless you can find someone responsible to care for your place and animals. 2) Don't ever allow a hoarder to "care" for your stuff without constant supervision.
I am pretty unhappy right now. I've already hauled three bags of trash out of the house. The dog and goats dragged a lot of trash and scattered it all over the yard, where it's laying, soaked, awaiting my attention. It's 45 degrees out so I'm going to open some doors and windows and get some air moving through this place. Shit, and all I thought I'd have to contend with was three-week-old kitty boxes (partner will absolutely not clean cat boxes).
Apologies for the vent, guys. I am just so disgusted right now. Ugh!

If you hadn't mentioned partner, I'd have assumed you left a teenager behind.
I might as well have. It's interesting, though, my daughter and I commiserate together because her hubby is soooo damned much like my partner. After I got home, I texted her and told her how much I'll miss her and the girls but the SIL, not so much.

It's a beautiful spring day, warm and sunny. The critters are all lounging in the sun. All the hay they wasted is now showing as the snow melts and as it warms and dries it makes a great place to lay, chew cud, and enjoy being warm. There's just enough of a breeze to set the smaller chimes to ringing. I love wind chimes and have about a dozen and a half, at least. I suppose I am fortunate that I have no neighbors to complain and can enjoy the wind music. Sometimes it is difficult not to celebrate being alive.

GW, I'm so sorry for your situation. Is your partner depressed? Medicine in the psychiatric industry has likely come a long ways since more is now known about brain mapping and what to look out for. He may also be suffering from dementia caused by a blow to the head before adulthood, shaken baby syndrome, which doesn't always show symptoms before the age of 50, and sometimes is a lifelong battle. There's so little we truly understand about human behaviors like what you describe. I know from experience that anger does not resolve issues with a person suffering from a brain disorder or a brain chemistry issue. I will put your partner on my prayer list, and you too for the hassle you've experienced when you love animals so and are like children to you. Abuse is complex. It can be controlled with the proper psychiatric and medical care. Sometimes.
Best wishes, gallantwarrior. Oh, and do-it-yourself psychiatry may not be a good idea considering that mistreatment of animals is more illegal in some states than others. Please be careful if he needs hospitalization.

Forum List

Back