USMB Coffee Shop IV

So sorry.

Not seeing that part of your life again.

It's like a big turn of the wheel. My dad passed away a little over a year ago - so now I'm an adult orphan. Not a club I was eager to join.
You're not in such bad company. I've been an adult orphan for...22 years now? The pain fades but the good memories persist. Not easy, being so recent, though.

Ollie! How are you? Is that one of your grandchildren in the photo?
Great Granddaughter. I;m doing well, Staying busy. I'm still an American Legion Commander, I am now a member of the Circle of Trustees for the Butler Institute of American Art, And I have been giving Ceramic Classes twice a month at an assisted living home... And still find time to do other things... Might drive over to DC for a few days next month. And tomorrow I'll celebrate the 27th Anniversary of my 39th Birthday.

I Mentioned I had a head cold a while back (couple of weeks at least) and the wife caught it also. Well we just got home from a trip to her primary care doc (2PM appt) followed by a trip to the ER for another 6 hours......... She has a mild pneumonia and probably some bronchitis and her blood O2 levels were low and some of her heart labs were borderline high so they almost admitted her. The treatments they gave her helped to put her back in the normal range so they sent her home and she will be seeing her PCP tomorrow.
Do you expect them to hospitalize her? That all seems pretty serious, especially given the current treatment she's under.
That's why we ended up in the ER, the idea was to rule out other life threatening possibilities as a pulmonary embolism which was not found so as for now she's fine with what's currently being done. Doesn't mean she couldn't end up hospitalized if her condition worsens, I'm keeping a close eye on her.

Great Granddaughter. I;m doing well, Staying busy. I'm still an American Legion Commander, I am now a member of the Circle of Trustees for the Butler Institute of American Art, And I have been giving Ceramic Classes twice a month at an assisted living home... And still find time to do other things... Might drive over to DC for a few days next month. And tomorrow I'll celebrate the 27th Anniversary of my 39th Birthday.
Good to see you (so to speak)! :thup:

Always pleased when you drop in Ollie. Even though I 'see' you other places, I miss you here. And I have not tried to keep up with birthdays this year--I have dates for only about half the regulars and Xenforo apparently doesn't put up the birthdays each day as you can do with V-Bulletin.

But gee, can't resist:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SFC OLLIE!!!!
4940538868_560beebe35.jpg

SFC Ollie!!! I'm so happy to see you here again!! I used to be Freedombecki but forgot my password, I'm just glad to be back, too. I took a couple of years off because of my husband's illness and his loss was hard for me. But I'm getting back into the swing and have been enjoying USMB a lot.

I tried looking you up a couple of times, and couldn't find anything after 2014. Welcome back!! :huddle:

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:
Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Montrovant in difficult transition
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.
JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and for positive trend to continue.
GallantWarrior for healing and wellness.
BigBlackDog aka BBD for healing and wellness
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.
And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!
Ringel for healing and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges in difficult transition

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

Springtime in Arizona

piccaco_peak1680.jpg

So sorry.

It's like a big turn of the wheel. My dad passed away a little over a year ago - so now I'm an adult orphan. Not a club I was eager to join.
You're not in such bad company. I've been an adult orphan for...22 years now? The pain fades but the good memories persist. Not easy, being so recent, though.

It's still pretty new to me. We're in the process of getting the folks' house ready to sell. A lot of tears going through their things.

SFC Ollie!!! I'm so happy to see you here again!! I used to be Freedombecki but forgot my password, I'm just glad to be back, too. I took a couple of years off because of my husband's illness and his loss was hard for me. But I'm getting back into the swing and have been enjoying USMB a lot.

I tried looking you up a couple of times, and couldn't find anything after 2014. Welcome back!! :huddle:
I do a lot of FB, and I did loose my wife 2 years ago. But I still am admin at another place (although really really small) so I stay pretty busy

So sorry.

It's still pretty new to me. We're in the process of getting the folks' house ready to sell. A lot of tears going through their things.

That is one of the toughest parts.

So sorry.

It's excruciating. All the memorabilia - each thing brings me to tears. In my Dad's office, I found photo albums they had put together for each of us kids - plus boxes of memories for each of us. I can't even type without crying. I miss them so much. I was so lucky to have wonderful parents.

So sorry.

It's excruciating. All the memorabilia - each thing brings me to tears. In my Dad's office, I found photo albums they had put together for each of us kids - plus boxes of memories for each of us. I can't even type without crying. I miss them so much. I was so lucky to have wonderful parents.

Sending you a hug across the miles.

OMG! This just gets better n' better...partner came in from doing whatever it is he does outside. We decided to play a hand of cribbage. He took off his gear and came in to the living room. The stink was unbearable. I tried but after I pulled my shirt up over my nose, he got insulted and declared the game at an end. He's been sleeping downstairs in my bed but went up to his bedroom this evening. The stink lingers. I've been away about 2 1/2 weeks, he's been here for three weekends to care for the animals. I found out he hasn't showed or bathed since before I left for Okinawa. The stink in my house isn't just because he wouldn't take time to let the poor dog outside and she had to do her business on wee-wee pads and in front of the door, or the fact that the cat boxes haven't been cleaned since I left...a three week filthy human is pretty rank. He's been using my car, too. I thought that smell was me because I hadn't had a shower since the day I left Okinawa, two days ago. I hang my head in shame. How could I claim close affiliation with an animal like this? How can I find a way to "divorce" him?
GW, I'm so sorry for your situation. Is your partner depressed? Medicine in the psychiatric industry has likely come a long ways since more is now known about brain mapping and what to look out for. He may also be suffering from dementia caused by a blow to the head before adulthood, shaken baby syndrome, which doesn't always show symptoms before the age of 50, and sometimes is a lifelong battle. There's so little we truly understand about human behaviors like what you describe. I know from experience that anger does not resolve issues with a person suffering from a brain disorder or a brain chemistry issue. I will put your partner on my prayer list, and you too for the hassle you've experienced when you love animals so and are like children to you. Abuse is complex. It can be controlled with the proper psychiatric and medical care. Sometimes.
Best wishes, gallantwarrior. Oh, and do-it-yourself psychiatry may not be a good idea considering that mistreatment of animals is more illegal in some states than others. Please be careful if he needs hospitalization.
Beau, I believe I've mentioned before that my partner is not only a hoarder, he's a passive-aggressive controller, a very successful one. Unfortunately, even if a p-a-c recognizes and acknowledges their problem, it is such a successful coping mechanism that there is almost no way to deal with them. I never thought of some of the underlying causes for his personality flaws. I know he believes that people should be productive and make or build things. It is so strange that he seldom completes a project, so his success at making/building is pretty iffy. Maybe he is depressed because he is a failure, in his own eyes by his own standards. He has a lot of good things about him, generous to a fault and always trying to be helpful, but sometimes those characteristics are just not enough to overcome his failures. I'm afraid if I ever "ditched" him, he would either destroy himself or destroy something I care for. Passive-aggressive control is kind of like that. I do appreciate the insight you all can give me, probably why I air my dirty drawers here. I hesitate to discuss him at work because he works there, too. My daughter is my usual vent because her husband is so very much like my partner.
How are you doing lately? I saw the pics of your quilts and admire your art and talent. While I was on vacation, I started a knitting project I had laid aside over 13 years ago. It's a lace shawl with a cat motif that I intended to donate to the local no-kill cat shelter. It's made of an airy, fine yarn, 70% baby mohair/30% silk. When I get it done, I'll try to post a photo of it here.
Thanks, GW. You've got friends here. :)

I do a lot of FB, and I did loose my wife 2 years ago. But I still am admin at another place (although really really small) so I stay pretty busy
Thanks so much for dropping back by here when you have responsibilities elsewhere. It's just been a privilege to know you, and if the job falls through, and you can come back someday, you'll have many cheerleaders. :thanks:

So sorry.

Best wishes getting through all that, boedicca. Tomorrow would've been my husband's 77th birthday. He passed June 13, 2016, 44+ years after we were married. It never occurred to me how quickly a dementia diagnosis could play out. My heart is with you as you recall all their lovingkind things they did to make your life a good one. :huddle:

Forum List

Back