USMB Coffee Shop IV

Got a call out of the blue yesterday from a guy I used to work with. How'd he get my number? He was looking through some old stuff and thought he'd try the one he had. Now, I don't mind old buddies contacting me but after a short conversation I couldn't help but notice he'd make out really well in the USMB Rubber Room. Or maybe on a conspiracy theory forum. I'm not entirely sure I want this level of crazy in my life right now. He used to be a nice enough guy but after the conversation yesterday...I don't know.
My daughter called with a new dilemma to share. My older granddaughter broke up with her boyfriend. He wants understand why but the girl doesn't really have any answers. So he showed up last night at the daughter's place determined to camp on the front porch until the granddaughter spoke with him. My daughter is a soft touch but I'm pretty sure the neighbors will have called the cops to get the kid removed. "True love" at 17 is such a drama!

It's a terrible.. What would my daughter do, when she will grow up to 17? :)

Oh and I somehow missed it when we bought the house, one of the bedrooms is painted in semi-gloss....... walls and ceiling........ Who paints bedroom walls and ceilings in semi-gloss......?
That means sanding the entire room, painting on a primer coat then putting on the finish paint........
Umm... maybe it was their rec room? Semi-gloss is easier to wash. Just sayin'...
Don't know but the ceiling? :dunno:

Possibly if they were painting the room just keep going with the same paint in the whole room.
The reason flat ceiling paint is used is it's formulated to hide imperfections not to mention it splatters less than wall paint. Right now I'm really sore and exhausted and I only painted 2/3s of the great room (13' X 26'), on top of the heavier work I did yesterday and the fact I'm 1500' above where I live in Roswell.......... Thank God I'm getting help tomorrow to lay the floor.

When I'm getting older, I'm trying to stay away from any house-repair activity more and more. At least to get some beer just to start do something in house...

Hey everybody !
I've been very busy lately.
Too many things, not enough time in the day to do it all. :)
I hope every one's doing well.
I'm praying for the people who are under the tornado and flood areas .
I have many relative's on my mom's side who live in OK. and AR.
Talked to all of them and they are all safe and sound.
A few have farmlands under water. Bad for crops this year.

I was talking to Mr. P this morning and we were talking about how people who hear a tornado for the first time say it sounds like a freight train.
I said to Mr. P that tornadoes have been around for a lot longer than freight trains.
So shouldn't it be, freight trains sounds like tornado's. :laugh:

Hey everybody !

I was talking to Mr. P this morning and we were talking about how people who hear a tornado for the first time say it sounds like a freight train.
I said to Mr. P that tornadoes have been around for a lot longer than freight trains.

I have experienced and heard tornadoes and freight train doesn't come to mind at all. We too have friends and family in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Arkansas and the floods and storms have been devastating. Even Albuquerque is currently under a severe thunderstorm watch but at the moment all I see out my office window is blue skies and bright sunshine.

Hey everybody !

I have experienced and heard tornadoes and freight train doesn't come to mind at all. We too have friends and family in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Arkansas and the floods and storms have been devastating.

A friend of a friend says she took this photo and it absolutely isn't photoshopped:

1526716_1166055646747267_7881215814230855709_n.jpg

Hey everybody !

I have experienced and heard tornadoes and freight train doesn't come to mind at all. We too have friends and family in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Arkansas and the floods and storms have been devastating. Even Albuquerque is currently under a severe thunderstorm watch but at the moment all I see out my office window is blue skies and bright sunshine.

I have and I think they sound like a freight train.
I think it's where your at when hearing a freight train. When it sounds like that, it's when heard farther away. Not at the crossings when it's slower.
We hear them out here in willowlakes 7 miles from Benson and it does sound like a tornado.

Listen to them from a distance and it does.

Hey everybody !

I think it's where your at when hearing a freight train. When it sounds like that, it's when heard farther away. Not at the crossings when it's slower.
We hear them out here in willowlakes 7 miles from Benson and it does sound like a tornado.

I guess the low rumble could be much the same.

Hey everybody !

I don't want to buy this sound so listen to the 2nd one from the top at this link.
Freight train Sounds | Download Freight train Sound Effects

Hey everybody !

I don't want to buy this sound so listen to the 2nd one from the top at this link.

Pretty close.

Hey everybody !

Pretty close.

That's what we all hear when we step outside our homes when a train passes Benson.

Now I am wasted...... Even though the young man who showed up did 90% of the work. He took up the carpeting and pulled all the remaining baseboard while I set up to lay the flooring. The great room is basically done and he'll show up tomorrow with another guy to finish the rest that way I only have to supervise. Oh to be in my mid 20s again......

Oh and the first thing we did was disconnect the ugly 70s wood stove and stuck it out back for now. It's for sale....... :eusa_whistle:

Got a call out of the blue yesterday from a guy I used to work with. How'd he get my number? He was looking through some old stuff and thought he'd try the one he had. Now, I don't mind old buddies contacting me but after a short conversation I couldn't help but notice he'd make out really well in the USMB Rubber Room. Or maybe on a conspiracy theory forum. I'm not entirely sure I want this level of crazy in my life right now. He used to be a nice enough guy but after the conversation yesterday...I don't know.
My daughter called with a new dilemma to share. My older granddaughter broke up with her boyfriend. He wants understand why but the girl doesn't really have any answers. So he showed up last night at the daughter's place determined to camp on the front porch until the granddaughter spoke with him. My daughter is a soft touch but I'm pretty sure the neighbors will have called the cops to get the kid removed. "True love" at 17 is such a drama!

It's a terrible.. What would my daughter do, when she will grow up to 17? :)
It's tough to tell what any particular child might do as they mature. Teenagers are notoriously difficult because they insist that they are adults but are really poorly equipped to be adults. Best most of us can do is let them become themselves and be there to help pick up the pieces when they make mistakes. Believe me, they will make mistakes. How old is your daughter now, Sbiker? Do you only have one daughter?

Oh and the first thing we did was disconnect the ugly 70s wood stove and stuck it out back for now. It's for sale....... :eusa_whistle:

Good luck with that one.
We had to give ours away and that took quite some time even for free.
Yeah, kinda what I thought. We do have a ReStore in town, betcha they'd take it.......
I love the ReStore Store! I've managed to decorate most of what I've gotten done in my cabin for pennies on the dollar. The living room is floored with Kahrs industrial flooring in red oak. Got it all for $100. The tiles for the kitchen backsplash and the heat sink behind the wood stove cost me $10 a box. They usually run about $70 per box up here. Of course, you have to go often enough to nail the good deals or not need anything too demanding. I buy bathtubs for my goats' water for $10 each.

Forum List

Back