USMB Coffee Shop IV

61386625_369868400311420_7952116821669183488_n.jpg

I am one of probably five people that doesn't really like their sandwiches

I am surprised there are that many... But like they say, to each his own... I was unaware of the tradition... Thanks FoxFyre...
I'm not a Chick-fil-a fan either, enough salt in one sandwich to kill a whole colony of slugs.........

My complaint has been too bland--lack of seasoning??? Maybe it's different from store to store. We have only been to the one on Paseo del Norte.
Breaded or grilled patty? I've never had their grilled patty.

I am one of probably five people that doesn't really like their sandwiches

I am surprised there are that many... But like they say, to each his own... I was unaware of the tradition... Thanks FoxFyre...
I'm not a Chick-fil-a fan either, enough salt in one sandwich to kill a whole colony of slugs.........

My complaint has been too bland--lack of seasoning??? Maybe it's different from store to store. We have only been to the one on Paseo del Norte.
Breaded or grilled patty? I've never had their grilled patty.
Their grilled patty is good. I had to cut out fried stuff to get my cholesterol down. I'm allergic to prescription medicine to reduce cholesterol, and only 1 homeopathic one worked for me at the time. Now, I just stay away from fried foods. It's bad enough to be allergic to tap water. :(

Way too cute, Foxfyre! My little near-Siamese kitten 2 years ago, Miss Picolo now has a harlequin face, is a long-haired Persian cat, and where the sleek grey color was, the tips have turned black She still has Siamese dark ears and random features of one, although the long hair obfuscates her kitten resemblance considerably. On the black side of her face, it is streaked with orangish vertical stripes. But the cat you posted pretty much takes the cake on no matching parts! :laugh:

Hi, all, how are you? What's new?

Sbiker!!!! Welcome back! You haven't dropped in for awhile and I was just thinking about you and wondered how you are doing. Everything is always somewhat new in the Coffee Shop as it seems all our members are in some kind of transition and/or dealing with large and small issues, some good, some not so good, which means it is pretty much normal around here.

Hope all is well with you.

Way too cute, Foxfyre! My little near-Siamese kitten 2 years ago, Miss Picolo now has a harlequin face, is a long-haired Persian cat, and where the sleek grey color was, the tips have turned black She still has Siamese dark ears and random features of one, although the long hair obfuscates her kitten resemblance considerably. On the black side of her face, it is streaked with orangish vertical stripes. But the cat you posted pretty much takes the cake on no matching parts! :laugh:

We raised purebred seal point Siamese cats for years--our mama cat who lived to be 14 before she succumbed to cancer and our tom who lived to be almost 18--were definitely family. Amazing creatures, both of them. But the cat we had before our first purebred Siamese was half Siamese--had all the Siamese personality and traits including the voice, but was coal black. Not even a fleck of any other color on him. He too was an amazing creature but alas left us too soon--hit by a car. But he is credited with sparking my interest in the breed.

We raised purebred seal point Siamese cats for years--our mama cat who lived to be 14 before she succumbed to cancer and our tom who lived to be almost 18--were definitely family. Amazing creatures, both of them. But the cat we had before our first purebred Siamese was half Siamese--had all the Siamese personality and traits including the voice, but was coal black. Not even a fleck of any other color on him. He too was an amazing creature but alas left us too soon--hit by a car. But he is credited with sparking my interest in the breed.
Ms. Picolo has a little mean streak. She's catty. Watch out any mice who should stumble into this house!

Ms. Picolo has a little mean streak. She's catty. Watch out any mice who should stumble into this house!

Our mama cat was a fierce mouser. Any who made it through the dryer vent in the laundry room didn't live long once they poked their noses out. The tom, on the other hand, befriended them.

I've always enjoyed Siamese cats. I've had several. Then I got a Sphynx. Loaded with purrsonality! A couple of things about Sphynx cats, though. They lack fur that helps wick off skin oils so they do need bathing. They get dirty and stinky if you don't help them stay clean. I've also noticed that they are comparatively short lived. The two I've had both died at around 10 years old. Most of my cats live to 18 yrs, or more. The cats I have now, three are from the feral colony I left behind and the fourth was adopted from a co-worker whose kids had left it when they left home.

Hi, all, how are you? What's new?

Sbiker!!!! Welcome back! You haven't dropped in for awhile and I was just thinking about you and wondered how you are doing. Everything is always somewhat new in the Coffee Shop as it seems all our members are in some kind of transition and/or dealing with large and small issues, some good, some not so good, which means it is pretty much normal around here.

Hope all is well with you.

Thanks, I'm fine as soon as I am able, like Rocky Raccoon :) There are neither many changes in my life, no a few. I'm still in Moscow, just changed a flat to a bit larger and got my family here to live together... Life is very fast for me now, I have a main job and some startup projects (because I cannot choose, which is best for me! :)) It's hard to choose because no one of these projects don't allow me to have money, I can use instead my salary :)) So, I'm flowing through a lot of small issues and, I think, enjoying it. "water don't flow under laying stone"...
Also I'm periodically have an entertainment at some of geek events, from hackatons to cosplay festivales :) And planning to drop my professor career at least for a some years... :))
What's new in your life? I'm very miss this cozy Coffee Shop...

P.S. I'm drinking coffee right now!

I've always enjoyed Siamese cats. I've had several. Then I got a Sphynx. Loaded with purrsonality! A couple of things about Sphynx cats, though. They lack fur that helps wick off skin oils so they do need bathing. They get dirty and stinky if you don't help them stay clean. I've also noticed that they are comparatively short lived. The two I've had both died at around 10 years old. Most of my cats live to 18 yrs, or more. The cats I have now, three are from the feral colony I left behind and the fourth was adopted from a co-worker whose kids had left it when they left home.

Hi, gallant, how are you, glad to see you! :)
I had a Siamese when I was child, but it don't live with us so long, we were compelled to give this cat to relatives because it feels not so lucky in our home.

Now I have a rusty cat named Mars (because he has a similar color scheme, like Mars planet :))). He's a real rogue! He runs fast and don't scare my nerf gun - what can I do with him else, lol? :)

Yeah, every reputable cat must be able to avoid mouses from home... But when you don't have any mouse - maybe you have a recipe, how to force cat to eradicate cockroaches, lol? :)

I just got offered another job. It pays a bit more base hourly, but the job I'm doing now will get me more money because I'm averaging about 10 hours a day and haven't taken a day off, so I'm at just under 90 hours work in 9 days. The new offer is medical-related, but it's only temporary, and a lot further away (my current job is only a 10 minute drive). I'm still tempted, just to get some medical record type experience to put on my resume, but especially considering my car is having electrical issues, I think I'm going to have to turn it down. If it were a permanent position, or maybe even just a longer temp one, I might take it, but for a job only lasting a few months, I don't think the extra travel and buck fifty an hour more will be worth it.

My car is going a bit crazy. For a few days now, maybe a week, it has occasionally had problems with the gas gauge. It would start giving me the out of fuel light and say the tank was empty, then eventually realize that there was gas in the tank and the meter would go up. Then a few days ago, the airbag light started coming on. 2 days ago, my odometer reset itself to 0. It did the same again yesterday. Today when I started the car to go to work, my windshield wipers, front and back, turned on by themselves. I had to turn the car off and start it back up to get them to stop. It was fine driving home tonight, but it's not good. With my schedule and the hours I'm working, it will be a bit difficult to take it somewhere to be looked at, but hopefully it will last until Wednesday when I will probably have a ride available if I need to leave it at a shop.

Yeah, every reputable cat must be able to avoid mouses from home... But when you don't have any mouse - maybe you have a recipe, how to force cat to eradicate cockroaches, lol? :)
Ms. Picolo doesn't let roaches into our home. She doesn't eat them, either, as I have found enough cockroach carcasses around to know she mauls them for sport on her exclusive watch.

Ms. Picolo doesn't let roaches into our home. She doesn't eat them, either, as I have found enough cockroach carcasses around to know she mauls them for sport on her exclusive watch.

Wonderful!!! How can I teach Mars to do the same?

p.s. If your Ms. Picolo would have a children, could you give me one of them? It would be a good reason to visit Russia again and I'll show you anything what do you want to see here :)

Last edited:

p.s. If your Ms. Picolo would have a children, could you give me one of them? It would be a good reason to visit Russia again and I'll show you anything what do you want to see here :)

I would love to visit your country though I don't have any cat children to offer at this time in our lives. Visiting all over Europe has been on my to do list for a long time.

I just got offered another job. It pays a bit more base hourly, but the job I'm doing now will get me more money because I'm averaging about 10 hours a day and haven't taken a day off, so I'm at just under 90 hours work in 9 days. The new offer is medical-related, but it's only temporary, and a lot further away (my current job is only a 10 minute drive). I'm still tempted, just to get some medical record type experience to put on my resume, but especially considering my car is having electrical issues, I think I'm going to have to turn it down. If it were a permanent position, or maybe even just a longer temp one, I might take it, but for a job only lasting a few months, I don't think the extra travel and buck fifty an hour more will be worth it.

My car is going a bit crazy. For a few days now, maybe a week, it has occasionally had problems with the gas gauge. It would start giving me the out of fuel light and say the tank was empty, then eventually realize that there was gas in the tank and the meter would go up. Then a few days ago, the airbag light started coming on. 2 days ago, my odometer reset itself to 0. It did the same again yesterday. Today when I started the car to go to work, my windshield wipers, front and back, turned on by themselves. I had to turn the car off and start it back up to get them to stop. It was fine driving home tonight, but it's not good. With my schedule and the hours I'm working, it will be a bit difficult to take it somewhere to be looked at, but hopefully it will last until Wednesday when I will probably have a ride available if I need to leave it at a shop.

Be sure to put on your parking brake when you stop. That car sounds like it could start itself and take off. :)

Hi, gallant, how are you, glad to see you! :)
I had a Siamese when I was child, but it don't live with us so long, we were compelled to give this cat to relatives because it feels not so lucky in our home.

Now I have a rusty cat named Mars (because he has a similar color scheme, like Mars planet :))). He's a real rogue! He runs fast and don't scare my nerf gun - what can I do with him else, lol? :)
Good to see you here, Biker. It would appear that you're improving your life, moving the family into a larger flat, trying different types of work, etc. Is it Spring there yet? While we still have snow on the mountains, lower down we are clear and the ground is unfrozen enough to plant gardens now.
Russians seem to really like their cats. If you watch funny cat videos on the internet many of them are from Russia. I've had cats all my life and find imagining life without them difficult.
Hope to see you in the CS more often.

I would love to visit your country though I don't have any cat children to offer at this time in our lives. Visiting all over Europe has been on my to do list for a long time.

Oh, without a cats it would be a bit easier! Welcome to Moscow, maybe we'll still have a chance to visit Lenin's Mausoleum (I never wasn't there, but I think, I must visit it while it still works :))

Forum List

Back